What's new

YellowBullet then TurboBullet

Mudslinger99

Ol' School member
Member Number
Loc
Here
Before this new fiasco with VS some members branched off from Yellowbullet and started Turbobullet way back when. I was reminded of this venture while reading this past week.

Just a point of interest to check out to see what maybe NOT to do because they have seemed to fell off in the flat end of the earth in to the ocean.

You know in case y'all run out of reading on this long weekend :laughing:

The Yellow Bullet is a very active site ,especially the Chi Chat that seems to have many assholess ,lol

The Yellow Bullet is a very active site ,especially the Chi Chat that seems to have many assholess ,lol

I guess I should clarify better. YellowBullet is still very active . TurboBullet not so much.​​​​​

i tried to check it out, turbobullet just redirects to a private facebook group now :homer: that is pretty damn gay

Exactly my point. Glad somebody pointed it out.

They started a copy of YB similar, just like here. I sat back and watched it take off. The guy put a lot of work and time in to it. They had almost identical threads as YB. Almost a perfect copy you might say.

They made stickers,shirts etc. It looked strong for a while. I read on both and there was one Major difference between YB and TB. The Owner. He was an egotistical, better than everybody type asshole on TB. Monty on YB remained cool.

​​​​​​They had the same basic idea but somewhere as you can see,it failed. The owner had a lot to do with that IMO. As time went on less and less post except copy and paste from YB. Now as you pointed out they (TurboBullet) only exist in FB land.

With Austin at the Helm here, I don't see that being an issue because he has passion about this site that the guy at TB didn't have. He just was out to prove a point that he could and times and money changed and interest was lost.

It has been on my mind since before this was created. I just decided to sit down and put it in words. I would hate to see this go down that same path and like I said, with Austin at the helm, I don't think it will.

You know what they say,it takes a village to raise a Baby. One person can't do it alone. So that being said,its up to all the People here to keep this place moving forward and thriving with post to keep it going. We ALL got to do our part and post stuff that keeps this place active and not let it go stale.

That's just one Man's thoughts that has been around since damn near the beginning of these forums past,present and Future. Hope to still see y'all here in 20+ years :beer:

even after watching the internet develop over the last 25 years (i'm not old or tech involved) and being an end user/customer for most of those, i'm still not sure what or how is a good way to advertise on the damn thing :lmao:

county fairs and local events and shows for the win, i guess :laughing:

There is another spinoff of YB now. TurboBullet started when Monty sold. What was said about the TB owner is correct. This latest spinoff, https://www.dragraceplace.com/ began when VS implemented the ZebForo format. The fixes being requested on PBB are and have been asked for numerous times on YB since Zenforo. Essentially nothing has changed other than UI tweaks that try to force Push notifications or ask you to pony up $20 for a "Premium Membership" that kills the ads. Search went to hell on the Board for a while (months) and the Google indexed searches are still screwed. Hard to find build threads if both are fucked.

There is another spinoff of YB now. TurboBullet started when Monty sold. What was said about the TB owner is correct. This latest spinoff, https://www.dragraceplace.com/ began when VS implemented the ZebForo format. The fixes being requested on PBB are and have been asked for numerous times on YB since Zenforo. Essentially nothing has changed other than UI tweaks that try to force Push notifications or ask you to pony up $20 for a "Premium Membership" that kills the ads. Search went to hell on the Board for a while (months) and the Google indexed searches are still screwed. Hard to find build threads if both are fucked.

I've been there and it doesn't have the same vibe so to speak as YB or the people to make it that way. Good site, just different.

Top Back Refresh