What's new

WTF, cigarette cravings?

the conservative atheist

😷😷😷ㅤ=ㅤ🐑🐑🐑
Member Number
Haven't smoked in 5 years, and in 5 years pretty much had no desire to. So it has nothing to do with nicotine. Just out of the blue I want to :smokin:. No change in overall stress levels. I think maybe it's just watching the country go to hell. :mad3:

Any former smokers experience this after a long hiatus?

200.gif

OP tomorrow.

I quit high octane vaping 7 months ago and haven't really had cravings. Just last week I told my wife my cravings were so bad my jaw was cramping up.

I quit in 2005 and I have cravings off and on. My girlfriend smokes and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm not trying to stand down wind or anything like some cluck head fiend either. :laughing:

Haven't smoked in 5 years, and in 5 years pretty much had no desire to. So it has nothing to do with nicotine. Just out of the blue I want to :smokin:. No change in overall stress levels. I think maybe it's just watching the country go to hell. :mad3:

Yep. I quit for 3 years, and remember having hard cravings right after I'd hit the 3 year mark. I was able to shrug them off for the most part, but came home and found one of my labs had curled up in his bed comfortably, and apparently died in his sleep unexpectedly. My dumbass wanted to do something drastic to cope, so I went out and bought a pack. Strangely enough, they didn't taste good to me, but I continued to smoke anyway. They were awesome again by pack #3 a few days later. That was 2014, and I'm still a smoker. Do not give in, especially if you have 5yrs behind you.

I quit smoking in '98. Can't stand the smell of it today but there for a couple years when drinking I would crave one. I think it was more for the old familiar habit of something to do while holding a beer or mixed drink...

This thread just gave me the desire to fire one up...

I smoke 7000 packs a day and I'm never fuckin' quitting :flipoff2:

I quit smoking around 1992, first day without a smoke I went on a coke binge. Haven’t had a cigarette since and am still absolutely convinced if I had one smoke today I will be completely addicted again.

If you went 5 years and start again you could consider the last 5 years a waste of time.

I quit years ago and still get the odd craving. Ride it out and enjoy being a non smoker, its all in your head and will pass

I quite smoking 28 years ago. I do dip Skoal though.

Quit dipping 4 years ago, and out of the blue still get cravings once in a while. Drink some water and get some exercise, it'll pass.

I quit smoking regularly ~10 years ago. I'll chain smoke like a motherfucker if I'm drinking heavily, but that same pack will last me 2 months outside of that if I even touch it. Never really had cravings or anything when I did smoke regularly though and still don't now.

I quit smoking regularly ~10 years ago. I'll chain smoke like a motherfucker if I'm drinking heavily, but that same pack will last me 2 months outside of that if I even touch it. Never really had cravings or anything when I did smoke regularly though and still don't now.
I do this exact same thing.

I smoked from 14-15ish until I was 36 like a chimney. That was 7 years ago. I bring a pack with me when I go to play golf and generally will have 5 or 6 during the round. If I am drinking more than a few beers I will smoke. Other than those two situations, nothing at all. Go for weeks without. I do feel the effect in the gym on a Monday if I had a weekend. A pack will generally last me about a month depending on number of rounds of golf and how fast the play is (smoke mostly while waiting for fairways to clear).

I will opine that you are contradicting yourself in that you are in fact stressing out that our country is going to hell.

You're stressing out dude, and your nicotine craving is the red flag.

It's called the subconscious mind working/bringing it to the conscious mind/surface via said nicotine craving.

Good for you in recognizing said red flag.:beer:

Yeah, it's the state of things. I've never smoked and thinking of taking it up.

I quit 8-9 years ago. Once or twice a winter I'll have a cup of coffee in the a.m. and one of the guys at the lot will be smoking and I'll kinda want one. Never do though, because I know it'll taste like shit and I'll go right back to a pack+ a day. Coffee and a smoke on a cold morning is one of the few I miss. The other 99% of them were the problem.

If the news comes down that we've got an armageddon asteroid headed our way in 2 weeks, I'll probably go out and pick up a pack though.

Been vaping only for about 3 years now. Down to 3mg of nicotine. That said, every know and then I catch a whiff of someone smoking a cig and it makes me want the real thing. Haven’t given in, but it is tempting sometimes.

Don't do it. I quit over 10yrs ago and switched to cannabis only, but still get the craving for a cig every now and then. Tried a cig a while back and almost puked after the second drag, dunno what I was thinking shoulda just lit up another doobie instead

I quit 5ish years ago. Went a year nicotine free then I started chewing. But hey, I don't crave cigs :homer:
I will take a drag every once in a while and it about makes me puke.

I just smoked me a camel.. hahaha

somewhere between 1/2 a pack to a full pack.. a day..

plus when Im tossing and turning, trying to fall asleep for hours.. I chew nicotine gum..

Similar here. When i was running jobs in the field smoking kept me from killing people. When I went in the office I quit smoking daily, that was about 15 years ago. I still have a hard time not smoking after I get about 6-8 beers in. A pack will last me a month or more usually.

Top Back Refresh