What's new

WA WTB: Functional 3/4 or 1 Ton 4X4

Yotota

Truck nerd
Member Number
Loc
SW WA
The PNW sucks for trucks these days. I'm not being overly picky, mechanical condition takes priority over aesthetics, and I don't need a project to get something to a functional level. I've been hoping to keep it at or under $5k.

Needs:
Tow at least 7k up steep roads. This probably negates most small block trucks...
Long bed

Wants:
Automatic trans preferred by the wife
Don't need a crew cab
Really don't want a smog era carbed truck

"I'm not being picky" he says while refusing to hammer down and let a 5.3/5.4 move 7k up a hill. :flipoff2:

I have a mediocre, 99 f350 that could use a lil help in the boost system.
313k i drive it every day.
For pbb member. Under $5k is acceptable to me.

Make offer and ask questions as you see fit.

"I'm not being picky" he says while refusing to hammer down and let a 5.3/5.4 move 7k up a hill. :flipoff2:

I'm honestly considering a 5.4 and just hammering the shit out of it as needed. It would get me into a 4x4 at least.

I have a mediocre, 99 f350 that could use a lil help in the boost system.
313k i drive it every day.
For pbb member. Under $5k is acceptable to me.

Make offer and ask questions as you see fit.

Hmm, I'll be looking into this to see what I could swing. Thank you!

Inversely and piggybacking this thread....

Im looking for a solid more powerful towrig
Would like diesel 1t drw/single cab 4x4.
Will also consider crew shortbeds
All any of the big 3 mfg

No 6.0/6.4l fords
No gassers
No big lifts

Looking to spend some decent money and will be financing the majority of it. Which comes with some rules/requirements. I can only finance to bluebook value +$5-7k cash.

California based and smogable is a must.

Ive found a couple in jan but bullshit always fucks the deal.

Inversely and piggybacking this thread....

Im looking for a solid more powerful towrig
Would like diesel 1t drw/single cab 4x4.
Will also consider crew shortbeds
All any of the big 3 mfg

No 6.0/6.4l fords
No gassers
No big lifts

Looking to spend some decent money and will be financing the majority of it. Which comes with some rules/requirements. I can only finance to bluebook value +$5-7k cash.

California based and smogable is a must.

Ive found a couple in jan but bullshit always fucks the deal.

Why you gotta show up and one-up me with a real budget for a truck?

:flipoff2:

Its not a real budget.

Trucks are retarded right now and even that wouldnt touch the very reasonably priced gm i wanted a few weeks ago.

Everyone is wanting 25k+ for decent trucks. This one had a ford kp d60 done very well including abs rings. Imaculate truck and only $22k. Kbb said 12k.

I should sell my 2004 dodge 2500 diesel with 83k miles on it with the way prices are now.

You could probably get $25-30k pretty easy, but then what? Buy a new one for $70-80k? :laughing:

Exactly.

If you have an extra rig that doesn't need to be replaced, for sure sell it if you can use the money. But buying is stranger than ever these days with no sign of improving.

No I don't need it I bought it last year and was completely stock from a old guy that used it during the summer and parked it during the winter in a heated shop he was a snow bird. Its rust free then I did some odds and ends to it. I want to buy a plane once I finish my ppl.

No I don't need it I bought it last year and was completely stock from a old guy that used it during the summer and parked it during the winter in a heated shop he was a snow bird. Its rust free then I did some odds and ends to it. I want to buy a plane once I finish my ppl.

Well damn, sounds like selling the truck to help fund a plane is a good call right now.

If it's 4x4 and rust free list it somewhere that gets nationwide exposure. Someone will want it and gladly fly out or ship it.

For those who care, I posted the conclusion to my new truck adventure here:

Top Back Refresh