What's new

CA WTB: BB Chevy Bellhousing with intergal clutch slave cylinder bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Have a SBC Bellhousing but would rather have a BBC Bellhousing.

I realise they both will work but only the one used with the BBC will accept the correct slave cylinder mounting dimensions that the APS has for BBC.

For '85-'91 square bodies these bellhousings (external slave) and hydraulic clutch parts are the same. Are you using '88+ C/K series parts (internal slave)?

What is "APS" ?

I'm using a bellhousing from a '91 square body Suburban with a 350 on my 454 and the hydraulics are all for the Suburban application.

I was looking for the factory bellhousing with intergal slave mount bracket, they dont seem to be the same as im using a bellhousing with a intergal mount for the slave but its mount bolts have a narrower spacing than the slave from the local APS (NAPA) (APS= Auto Parts Store) I figure it will still work but the ID of the bore of the BBC slave might be a slight bit different than the SBC slave.

Yea I know over thinking it a bit maybe.

Thanks Newb but was wanting a cast intergal bracket on bellhousing not aftermarket.

Speaking of parts dpayou have a BBC engine cradle you arent using at the moment ?

Slave is from napa they are calling it to fit a SBC, So that tells me there is a BBC and a SBC bellhousing with slave mount.

Earlier slave I had from napa didnt fit bellhousing slave mount even though it was to fit BBC.

Trans: Sm465 late model.

Cradle to bolt to the engine that im pulling from my boat, BBC.

Will get one from summit or jegs if cant find one local.

What slave are you using?
what trans?

cradle? For the shop floor or the one in the truck?

Last edited:
I was looking for the factory bellhousing with intergal slave mount bracket, they dont seem to be the same as im using a bellhousing with a intergal mount for the slave but its mount bolts have a narrower spacing than the slave from the local APS (NAPA) (APS= Auto Parts Store) I figure it will still work but the ID of the bore of the BBC slave might be a slight bit different than the SBC slave.

Yea I know over thinking it a bit maybe.

Thanks Newb but was wanting a cast intergal bracket on bellhousing not aftermarket.

Speaking of parts dpayou have a BBC engine cradle you arent using at the moment ?

Again.... which style of bellhousing do you have? INTERNAL slave mount ('88+ gmt400) or EXTERNAL ('85-'87('91) square body)? GM did not use different bellhousings for small and big block motors. If the bolt patterns for the slave don't match then I'd bet you either have a totally wrong part OR you have a mix of internal and external parts.

Square body 85-87(91)

I have a bellhousing wherein a slave cylinder that NAPA says is a slave for a SBC and that was the engine that the truck (85) had in it that the bellhousing came out of.

As mentioned a few times in past posts "intregal"(built into the aluminum casting) slave mount bracket" so this would reffer to an external slave.

Part that came off a 85 chevy 1/2 T 4wd truck.

NAPA has two slave cylinders one for BBC and one for SBC.

Or so Ive been told.

One I have napa # 73117 was told fits SBC

Had but returned napa # 73119 mounting bolts wider pattern.

Sorry may have misspelled word but it wasnt internal.

Bellhousing looked like this.

s-l400.jpg

Again.... which style of bellhousing do you have? INTERNAL slave mount ('88+ gmt400) or EXTERNAL ('85-'87('91) square body)? GM did not use different bellhousings for small and big block motors. If the bolt patterns for the slave don't match then I'd bet you either have a totally wrong part OR you have a mix of internal and external parts.

Last edited:
I just looked and both O’Reilly’s and Rockauto so the same slave fitting an SBC and a BBC.

I’m telling ya, it’s the same. This is a pic of my Blazer, 350 parts on a 454 - one size fits all (V8).

ABDFF48B-FCA6-4F62-B801-A1EFAFE3CF6D.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe you can tell me how the 1987 slave cylinder is diffrent than the 85-86 slave cylinder?

And why the mount pattern is different?

it used the napa #73119.

Ok so its not SBC - BBC maybe its just the year.

Have a look at how the napa #73117 is different from the napa #73119 and what the 73119 fits thats similar to the 85 - 86 Chevy?

Last edited:
Seems like taking an hour and making a bracket would solve your problem....

Per the first post, he has a hydraulic bellhousing.

I don't know, maybe it is a year thing - scanning through O'Reilly's and Rockauto (I didn't look at NAPA in case they were wrong), most of the various brands use the same part number 85-87. I did notice that Luk shows a different part number for 87+ trucks and it also seems to fit earlier G vans and a few others as well as the first few years of the gmt400 trucks. I guess I didn't run in to this because I bought parts to fit the truck the bell came out of.

Since it's most likely a year thing, I'd just get whatever fits your bellhousing.

Are 88-91 gmt400 on the drivers side?
i thought all gtm400 were low pside slaves.

Hes also wanting to do a different bell. Either cut the flange off that bell and leave it in place or swap on a regular bell and build a bracket that fits.

Are we forgetting about the 87-91 old style square body trucks ?

Wouldnt they have the same clutch components as the same previous square body trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh