What's new

WTB: 78 - 79 Ford dana 60

I have one here in NH, but also have an arm and leg into it.

Well, I spent 800 to buy the axle, 500 for the high steer and 2600 with Down to Fab redoing it all.

Didn't plan it, but it got new everything.

I have a 78-79 dana 60 from a snow fighter (verified BOM). Pulled it from the original truck 20 years ago and it’s been sitting on a pallet since. I’m in California.
100% complete but $2500 is what I’d have to get.

At what point do you just say fuck it and start with a new housing built to your specs? The prices people want for those old 60s is bordering stupidity...

Semi related but is getting a 86-91 D60 extended on the short side and shortened in the long side to match the 78-79 ones cost effective at all? Besides the labor you’d just have to buy new shafts for it and that’s it right?

I have a 78-79 dana 60 from a snow fighter (verified BOM). Pulled it from the original truck 20 years ago and it’s been sitting on a pallet since. I’m in California.
100% complete but $2500 is what I’d have to get.

Shipped?

At what point do you just say fuck it and start with a new housing built to your specs? The prices people want for those old 60s is bordering stupidity...
I am looking at right around 7500 for a built 14B front. I could probably make it work but at that price links make more sense then I'm down that rabbit hole.
Semi related but is getting a 86-91 D60 extended on the short side and shortened in the long side to match the 78-79 ones cost effective at all? Besides the labor you’d just have to buy new shafts for it and that’s it right?
Trying to keep it simple bolt in. Dont have a lot of time for fab work. I also dont want to put the math in to figure out tube length. That said i could probably retube an 05+ for less.

Trying to keep it simple bolt in. Dont have a lot of time for fab work. I also dont want to put the math in to figure out tube length. That said i could probably retube an 05+ for less.

Understandable, I’m in the same boat but I have the 89 D60 already.

Have a 79 dana 60 $1000
missing spindles, rotors, calipers, located in Cincinnati ohio.
20210711_111134.jpg

Top Back Refresh