What's new

"Write your congressman".

the conservative atheist

😷😷😷ㅤ=ㅤ🐑🐑🐑
Member Number
Serious question: has this EVER accomplished anything?

We now live in an age of rigged elections and mass censorship. "Write your congressman"...:shaking:

Serious question: has this EVER accomplished anything?

We now live in an age of rigged elections and mass censorship. "Write your congressman"...:shaking:

I believe a short hand written letters gets read by our congressman. Just do to the fact there are so few being sent out this way. A email no way, way too many of them to easy to ignore.

I have to give our new Congress critter props. Tiffany who replaced Shawn Duffy makes by weekly phone calls where you can actually talk to him. He actually tries to get the feeling of the constituents.

Not in our democratic run district. Hoping the conservative unseats that piece of shit in 2022.

edit: He also doesn’t respond to my polite messages on Instagram to nicely get off his ass and represent us.

I only get vague letters says he shares my concerns,.

I know our local representative will gladly meet with constituents. You can do that, too.

Heck, they just took care of my antique plate paperwork this past week. Great to deal with and everything was ready to go very quickly...and free unlike AAA.

I don't think they care what you think.

And for the "No Democrat has a chance in my district on any “local” level" They doubly don't care.

They know they have your vote.

I've had some good luck, but I also live in a state small enough that I can call the senators/congresswoman if need be so YMMV.

Colin Powell wrote a congressman once when he was dealing with injustice in the Army. In his biography he explains it well. When he opened the reply letter a sticky note dropped out with the letter that said "send this asshole the apology letter". Or something to that effect.

Mine is a D...
he runs unopposed EVRY time
But I vote none of the above each year to no avail...

Rural NY, strong GOP area. State Senator has frequent email newsletters, she seems to actually give a shit. 30 years ago I wrote a hand written letter to Senator Al Demato complaining about some bullshit law. I got a reply with his actual signature and not just a form letter..

Arent you right around Pittsburgh? Everything around there is run by democrats.

Once you get out of Allegheny County there are a lot less Democrats.

Last edited:
Arent you right around Pittsburgh? Everything around there is run by democrats.

Up north, and not where I am. I don’t set foot in that shit hole, or around it in the yuppie Cranberry area either. I’m in the 2nd District which is all republican.

Up north, and not where I am. I don’t set foot in that shit hole, or around it in the yuppie Cranberry area either. I’m in the 2nd District which is all republican.

You mean the 16th district? The 2nd district is over by Philly.

Oh yeah...I have no idea what I was thinking. Pretty sure I typed that before crashing on the couch.

It may have been the 2nd they changed all of the districts in 2019. Are you east or west of route 8? Its not the line between 15 and 16 but its close.

both my daughters and two nieces were congressional or senate interns for 6 months apiece. A big part of their jobs for a couple were going through the mail and email and sorting it. A handwritten letter 100% got read by the people they worked for. Most congressmen spend most of their day doing stuff locally in their district. I wrote Jimmy Panetta about a problem we had with our local post office. I knew the deal, so not email, not phone call, handwritten letter. He called me and told me that he would inquire. Two weeks later, solved.

The folks my kids worked for all spent a lot of time on the phone following up on letters and getting movement on problems.

Try it and see if you don't get a response. I think if you ask for help getting the weeds and shit out of the main road, you'll get help... if you just tell them to get off their ass, they'll just roll their eyes.

Most of the people I've met on both sides of the aisle will be helpful for stuff they can help on and they want to and they don't give a shit about what party you are in. You COULD vote for them. that is why guys like Jimmy Panetta keep getting elected or Ana Caballaro, people hop sides because they got help.

I think there is a thin strip of 16 on the east side of 8 but Im not sure. I thought it was the divider but a buddy said no. I still have property in 15. The congress critter is red but the local players are all over the board. There are a lot of former union workers and blue collar that historically voted dem even though theyre all very conservative.

I think there is a thin strip of 16 on the east side of 8 but Im not sure. I thought it was the divider but a buddy said no. I still have property in 15. The congress critter is red but the local players are all over the board. There are a lot of former union workers and blue collar that historically voted dem even though theyre all very conservative.

All I know is my reps are Tim Bonner and Mike Kelley.

Really wish they would push for a forensic audit on the election, but it seems like Kelley is the only one fighting.

So you have property in Venango County?

All I know is my reps are Tim Bonner and Mike Kelley.

Really wish they would push for a forensic audit on the election, but it seems like Kelley is the only one fighting.

So you have property in Venango County?

Elk

Top Back Refresh