What's new

Wrangler Flex Plate

Ah Pook

Disfuncional User
Member Number
Loc
Yavapai CO, AZ
Howdy all,

I'm looking for a flex plate on an '04 Jeep Wrangler. Seems they were discontinued in '19. The part # is 4752460AB and this is the 11" version.

Local dealerships are useless. Is there anything in aftermarket that would work.

TIA

I've spent about an hour on looking into this and not only is the flexplate discontinued, but the torque converter, mounting bolts, and drive plate backing as well. What's funny is you can get a remanufactured torque converter.

Anyway, I couldn't find anything for it in the aftermarket either. So my only suggestion is to contact a reputable transmission shop local to you, or if you know one online that fits the bill. They should be able to help you with this.

Of course, someone else with more knowledge may chime in here to help. Either way, good luck... :beer:

Why can't you just use this?

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 6.36.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 6.39.36 AM.png

When I had to buy a flex plate for my 99TJ when I swapped from an AX15 to a 32RH I contacted Davey's Jeep in Ohio. They have a huge Jeep specific junkyard and had the flex plate I needed. I've used them for several no longer available parts for my TJ with no complaints.

He said 11”, those are all 13.8”

I’m wondering if the 11” is for the 4cyl?
From what I remember on my research, it's for the 6 cyl only. And to add some insult to injury, only for the 2003 and 2004 years Wrangler.

They switched to the 42RLE in 03 so anything earlier than that or from another vehicle probably won't work. The crank position sensor also reads the ring attached to the flexplate so there is only so much fuckery you can get away with.

Wrecking yard is probably your best bet.

These guys are local to me, I don't go in there much but may be worth a call.

Thanks for all the info guys! Got some research to do.
Did something happen to your original one or are you putting something together? I have seen some people have issues with the flexplates cracking around the crank bolts.

OP, as the balance of the engine should be the same, is there any chance of using an earlier model one and re-drilling it for the converter pattern? Might confirm the crank sensor signal notches are the same...

DAVEY'S JEEP & PARTS for the win!!!!!!

Called a few places this morning. No luck. Davey's had a NOS on the shelf! Next day shipping.

What a cluster fark! The tranny was only used in '03 and '04. Most parts were discontinued in '19. The flex plate only lasts 4 years. Yes 4 years. No one in AZ knows shiat and all my CO contacts have closed.

Big thanks for all the info. With any luck, the "Better Half" will have her Jeep back by the end of next week.

Glad you found a replacement, however with the flexplate only lasting so long there may be other issue in the setup. Doing a quick search, found these links:

Outside of that, I would suggest you start planning for a transmission swap for the vehicle were there are readily available parts.

Good luck... :beer:

Top Back Refresh