What's new

WORST Jeep “mod” ever? Thread

5F0D8447-116A-49CD-A378-B7CBE62EF47E.jpeg

WTF :confused:

This may be tops, angry grills and eyelashes come right after.

Aside far as "performance helping" mods ..... I put Revolver Shackles on my CJ5 to get more flex .... those were dangerous

I put my hi-lift inside my jeep. Does that make me dumber or smarter? :flipoff2:

20211202_070456.jpg
Why would you do that…. The pins won’t rust and get stuck and you won’t be able to almost take your hand off as your hitting the fkr with a hammer trying to get it to work!!!!

Why would you do that…. The pins won’t rust and get stuck and you won’t be able to almost take your hand off as your hitting the fkr with a hammer trying to get it to work!!!!
Umm . . . lubrication is the key to your pin-stickin' sit-chee-yayshun :homer:

Bro-Do-you-even-lift.jpg

:flipoff2:

Meh, opinions are opinions. Wish I lived a blessed life like you and never ever . . . ever needed a farm jack :homer:

Like a heavy-assed spare tire and tools I'd also rather not carry, I schlep a Hi-Lift for rare but real times of need.

Not a status symbol nor a statement in my world, just a heavy piece of shit I'd feel idiotic not having in a pinch.

Mine's out of the way and rattle-free in a vertical receiver I fabricobbled - I never think about it unless needed:

fetch?id=22447&d=1589954310.jpg
And it's covered in shit and rusty. Put it in the cab.

Never liked this look...

Attachments

• 008-jeep-jk-gladiator-conversion-chris-durham-motorsports.jpg
    008-jeep-jk-gladiator-conversion-chris-durham-motorsports.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 29
Same here - I'd rock it if I turned a 4-door into a 2-door pickup :beer:
I could see a two door pickup for sure but if you've seen these from the side they pitch forward so much at the top I just don't think it looks right.

In my area, all JKs are driven by hot chicks in Chicago or neon'd out by thugs

I could see a two door pickup for sure but if you've seen these from the side they pitch forward so much at the top I just don't think it looks right.

In my area, all JKs are driven by hot chicks in Chicago or neon'd out by thugs
I dig it because I dig the old J-trucks, but I agree it looks stupid on a non-truckified JK.

Here are examples where I think that front end is appropriate:

ef-715-concept-2016-easter-jeep-safari_100549039_h.jpg

Points off for being a 4-door, but at least it's a truck^ - tie goes to the runner.

005-ejs-concepts-to-production.jpg

I'd rock the shit outta' that^ - not bad!

373173_Jeep_Gladiator.jpg

Just take my fucking money^ :laughing:

I dont get the hate on mounting the hi lift on the exterior. Interior space on a jeep is at a premium as is, so to take up more space with a hi lift is not something I want to do. Mine has hood mounts which I am not a fan of but I bought it that way and at least it is up and out of the way and doesn't interfere with anything. I dont see the problem. I have used the hi lift at least 3 times when it was super necessary and the only/ best solution to the problem.

I dont get the hate on mounting the hi lift on the exterior. Interior space on a jeep is at a premium as is, so to take up more space with a hi lift is not something I want to do. Mine has hood mounts which I am not a fan of but I bought it that way and at least it is up and out of the way and doesn't interfere with anything. I dont see the problem. I have used the hi lift at least 3 times when it was super necessary and the only/ best solution to the problem.
Yep, they're big and heavy and cumbersome and absolutely necessary when you actually need one. Jeeps are small and there's really no good place to put one. I will say there's no way I'd mount mine to the hood, it would bug the fawk out of me having it in my field of view, but that's just personal preference. I can't mount mine inside because that's where the kids and the beer coole... I mean tools go.

Last edited:
Yep, they're big and heavy and cumbersome and absolutely necessary when you actually need one. Jeeps are small and there's really no good place to put one. I will say there's no way I'd mount mine to the hood, it would bug the fawk out of me having it in my field of view, but that's just personal preference. I can't mount mine inside because that's where the kids and the beer coole... I mean tools go.
I don't have any pics handy but I made brackets to hold mind right up against the cowl below the windshield behind the hood. Worked great. No more hooking it on branches and it was out of sight.

I don't have any pics handy but I made brackets to hold mind right up against the cowl below the windshield behind the hood. Worked great. No more hooking it on branches and it was out of sight.
I have the larger and smaller sized hi lifts. The big one sitcks up over the roof and I do occasionally catch it on branches or sometimes when it's party time, on rocks. Been considering swapping the smaller one on, but I know as soon as I do, i'll need exactly that much more hi-lift to save my ass.

IMG_3685.JPG

Have you owned a Go-Devil ?

Because it's really not that good.
:laughing: no I have not owned one yet but I will someday. Dad instilled a love of them in me due to him learning to drive at 5yo on a brand new 1947 CJ-2A. I've also got plenty of experience keeping an old family friend's running who's owned a bone-stock '47 for 3 decades. Yes, they're underpowered, yes, they burn oil with very many hours on it, yes, they don't hold head gaskets well. Don't care. It's the goddamn engine that won WW2, and you can't get me to not love it. :usa::usa::usa: And even with it's inherent flaws (many of which most people describe are attributable to it's sheer age and the expectations that the original designers had vs. modern designs) it's still about as reliable as the baby leaning tower of power in my '65 Scout (the mighty 152 slant-4, all 96 gross HP of her. They won't usually leave you stranded, as long as you have a pocket knife and a pair of pliers.:flipoff2:

:laughing: no I have not owned one yet but I will someday. Dad instilled a love of them in me due to him learning to drive at 5yo on a brand new 1947 CJ-2A. I've also got plenty of experience keeping an old family friend's running who's owned a bone-stock '47 for 3 decades. Yes, they're underpowered, yes, they burn oil with very many hours on it, yes, they don't hold head gaskets well. Don't care. It's the goddamn engine that won WW2, and you can't get me to not love it. :usa::usa::usa: And even with it's inherent flaws (many of which most people describe are attributable to it's sheer age and the expectations that the original designers had vs. modern designs) it's still about as reliable as the baby leaning tower of power in my '65 Scout (the mighty 152 slant-4, all 96 gross HP of her. They won't usually leave you stranded, as long as you have a pocket knife and a pair of pliers.:flipoff2:
Here's my dad when he was 14 years old driving my grandpa's 1946. I wish they would have kept it.
PXL_20201125_012155046.jpg

Here's my dad when he was 14 years old driving my grandpa's 1946. I wish they would have kept it.
PXL_20201125_012155046.jpg
Dad said they used theirs for everything but threshing at one time on the farm. Ran it everyday for something until the block broke in 1954 because they didn't drain the water and got a fluke hard freeze early that year (for those who don' know, year around usage of antifreeze was still not common in the late-40's/early 50s). They graveled the roads the year prior so many people felt they didn't have a need for a 4x4 anymore. They never bothered to fix it, and when dad got out of the navy in '63 it was gone from the fencerow it was parked in. He regretted not owning another before he died. I will have one someday.

Great picture! Love to see vintage Jeeps from back in the day. Go look on CommYouTube at the channel PeriscopeFilm. There's some vintage jeep and Jeep footage from back in the day on their. I think it's that channel that had the Jeep-a-trench vintage video too, but not certain.

I find it funny that those goobers that grumpier out their piles, do it to be different. But there's enough of them around that they've just become a grumpered out pile.

Fabfours is fucking brilliant though. They apparently know how dumb the average person is. That's no easy feat. And if you tell them their shit sucks........ they'll show you their bank account.

Top Back Refresh