What's new

WORST Jeep “mod” ever? Thread

Worst mod- automatic 3.8. Worst thing to try for improving the 3.8 power- anything. Fuck that shit.

I used to think the florescent day-glow tube bumpers and side steps I used to have to install at the Jeep dealer in the early 90's were the worst mod ever until I saw all those stupid angry eye grilles! The colors would fade in a couple months and they would look even uglier!

photo31429.jpg
This one's a no-brainer ... mountin' a Hi-Lift jack.

Extra bonus points when the fuckin' thangs are bolted 'cross the hood.

:flipoff2:

An AM General mv-1 is a manley vehicle:usa:, the chevy klones using the vent as inspiration,,, NOT SO MUCH!
:rainbow:

No pics, but I submit the yuppie jeep door hinge ladder\step gizmo the sticks out +2.5" to grab shit. ...
While a great "idea" a fail in execution.

Power everything. Windows, door locks etc. All those things are added wiring and complexity for a vehicle that is supposed to take you miles into nowhere.

Am I too late to show off a hi-lift jack installed on my jeep?

My pet peeve? Grab handles for the driver. Maybe it's because I grew up wheeling a manual transmission, but I can't fathom putting on my hands on anything other than what I'm using to control my vehicle when I'm on an obstacle. Seeing drivers use a grab handle as they try to one hand pilot their vehicle through rocks bugs me so much.

1637621910190.png

1637621927517.png

0.jpg

The only time my permit a grab handle on the driver side is when it is used to get in and out. I have seen videos of one of the jeeps picture and the guy holds onto it while driving. It is ridiculously stupid.

The only time my permit a grab handle on the driver side is when it is used to get in and out. I have seen videos of one of the jeeps picture and the guy holds onto it while driving. It is ridiculously stupid.
Ha, you'd be probably the only person I can think of who would get a pass on this, so it's saying something when you disapprove.

My pet peeve? Grab handles for the driver. Maybe it's because I grew up wheeling a manual transmission, but I can't fathom putting on my hands on anything other than what I'm using to control my vehicle when I'm on an obstacle. Seeing drivers use a grab handle as they try to one hand pilot their vehicle through rocks bugs me so much.
I'd never dream of using the grab handle while driving :homer: but I do use the one on my cage to climb in/out of the Jeep, especially when parked at some fucked-up off-camber angle and there's mud or snow on the sliders. Better than destroying the steering column by using it to pull my ass into the cab.

I'd never dream of using the grab handle while driving :homer: but I do use the one on my cage to climb in/out of the Jeep, especially when parked at some fucked-up off-camber angle and there's mud or snow on the sliders. Better than destroying the steering column by using it to pull my ass into the cab.
Yeah, I definitely have to use mine getting in. Before I swapped over to the TJ door latches there was still a 50/50 chance I'd rip the belt loop off the back of my pants each time.

Yeah, I definitely have to use mine getting in. Before I swapped over to the TJ door latches there was still a 50/50 chance I'd rip the belt loop off the back of my pants each time.

Still get caught up on the TJ door latch every now and then, not sure how many belt loops I've ripped off.

ugh. now you've got me thinking about all the times I've heaved my fat ass into my jeep using the steering wheel. I'm surprised the thing hasn't broken off.

ugh. now you've got me thinking about all the times I've heaved my fat ass into my jeep using the steering wheel. I'm surprised the thing hasn't broken off.
I've been conscious of it ever since I had to fix the tilt column in an '85 Suburban I had - no desire to repeat, attempting preventive action. I don't want to know how well the recycled yougurt container plastic is held to the melted-down Hot Wheels, or whatever cheap shit is behind the wheel :laughing:

Top Back Refresh