What's new

WORST Jeep “mod” ever? Thread

Meh, opinions are opinions. Wish I lived a blessed life like you and never ever . . . ever needed a farm jack :homer:

Like a heavy-assed spare tire and tools I'd also rather not carry ...

Didn't really consider myself havin' a blessed life just 'cause I don't need a Hi-Lift ... but maybe so. And that's cool. Only fuckin' blessin' my heathen ass will ever get for damned sure. I carried one of them silly jacks for many, many years just 'cause I thought ya had to. Actu'ly even used one once. Used it as a come-a-long to unstick my truck. 'Bout 40 yrs ago. Then I got a job and bought a winch and that was that. At one point I think I had a dozen or so of 'em in my shop 'cause seems like ev'ry event I went to I'd end up winnin' one in the raffle.

Went thru a huge ordeal to accommodate the 40" spare in the ass-end ... carry a nice assortment of tools in a bad-ass waterproof box that fits behind the seat ... and gotta perfectly functionin' bottle jack. Also carry a Lynx Leveler block and cap piece to have a good base for the bottle jack. In 4 decades of wheelin', I reckon only changed a tire on the trail a half-dozen times or so. Maybe I've been blessed after all. Used a bottle jack once when I was in the desert. Other times I just winched the rig up in the nearest tree. Maybe we need a thread on the BEST mod ... which would be a winch. 'Specially when wheelin' alone like I do. All the recovery gear is under the driver's seat.

Sort of like a chainsaw, axe, and shovel, all of which I often carry when out in the woods vs crawling desert rocks.

Chainsaw is in toolbox on my lil' campin' trailer. But in the jeep I carry a Sven foldin' saw that lays next to the passenger seat along the roll bar (next to the breaker bar for the lug nuts). Lil saw works great and will clear a trail if needed in a real bind. Only had to do that a coupla times tho. Hatchet and foldin' shovel are behind the seat as well. Don't recall ever usin' the shovel tho other than latrine duty. Also carry a small plastic snow shovel for winter wheelin'. And a 5-quart jug of oil that gets used up 'bout once a month. :shaking:

I wheel alone and consider myself quite prepared. Don't need a Hi-Lift ... 'cause evidently I'm blessed. :grinpimp:

And no comments at all 'bout the angry bird grill bein' the worst mod?? They make me laugh. As if the front-end of a JK ain't already ugly enuf. I still struggle with the stock curved plastic grill.

And no comments at all 'bout the angry bird grill bein' the worst mod?? They make me laugh. As if the front-end of a JK ain't already ugly enuf. I still struggle with the stock curved plastic grill.

Post #3.

I've never understood the angry bird grill..................it's just stupid to me. I guess the saying to each his own, but damn.

Post #3.

I've never understood the angry bird grill..................it's just stupid to me. I guess the saying to each his own, but damn.

Driving to work this morning, I saw a JKU with that "frowny fivehead" grille :shaking:

Valuing function over form, I don't understand reducing cooling airflow to a JK.

It must be a younger / cooler kids thing - I see degraded function and form :confused:

Driving to work this morning, I saw a JKU with that "frowny fivehead" grille :shaking:

Valuing function over form, I don't understand reducing cooling airflow to a JK.

It must be a younger / cooler kids thing - I see degraded function and form :confused:

My son is 26 and he's still retarded at times.

You know when I get my grill finished.....................it'll probably look full Down syndrome.:eek:

You know when I get my grill finished.....................it'll probably look full Down syndrome.:eek:

Dude, don't sweat it, seriously - people won't even notice the grille.

. . . they'll be too hung up on those FabFours-lookin' front fenders :flipoff2:

Factor 55 anything. 🤷‍♂️

Interestin' ... I run the ProLink on both my jeep and my big-ass truck. Excellent, American-made product. Also a great group of guys. Wheeled and drank with 'em at Sand Hollow while back.

Do you really own a YJ? Square headlights are beyond a doubt the worst fact'ry jeep mod ... ever. Thankfully, they went back to bein' round with a TJ. And a very close second worst fact'ry jeep mod ever, also on a YJ, was introducin' a plastic interior. Which got even worser with a TJ ... and then fuckin' ridiculous with a JK. We can never forgive that. On the other hand, the YJ also introduced the fact'ry half doors ... which I praise daily on my JK. Can a fella even get half doors anymore on the JL?? Don't see many on JK's for sure.

And now back to the JK's ... the introduction of 4 doors, a curved windshield and a curved, PLASTIC grille. An entire groupin' of the third worst fact'ry jeep mods ever. Blasphemy! :eek:

How 'bout the worst configuration of a 4-door without spendin' a dime on mods? Seen one again just yesterday on my way back from the Tractor Supply to the trailer park. Failed miser'bly to get a pic tho. Sorry.

Take the top off the 4-door. Take the front doors off the 4-door. But leave the fuckin' back doors on! Just screams how fucked up it is to have 4 doors in the first place. :stirthepot:

Carry on ...

Here's one I think everyone will agree with.......

A " WAYALIFE" banner on the windshield.

I'd be tempted to drive right past one of those fucktards broke down on the trail. At the very least they'd be tearing that sticker off before getting my help. That dipshit Eddie is bad for this hobby.

What about the rear corner diamond plate covers your vote on those for a bad modification ?

My Jeep corner below.

5pBhjwRr.jpg

Interestin' ... I run the ProLink on both my jeep and my big-ass truck. Excellent, American-made product. Also a great group of guys. Wheeled and drank with 'em at Sand Hollow while back.

Do you really own a YJ? Square headlights are beyond a doubt the worst fact'ry jeep mod ... ever. Thankfully, they went back to bein' round with a TJ. And a very close second worst fact'ry jeep mod ever, also on a YJ, was introducin' a plastic interior. Which got even worser with a TJ ... and then fuckin' ridiculous with a JK. We can never forgive that. On the other hand, the YJ also introduced the fact'ry half doors ... which I praise daily on my JK. Can a fella even get half doors anymore on the JL?? Don't see many on JK's for sure.

And now back to the JK's ... the introduction of 4 doors, a curved windshield and a curved, PLASTIC grille. An entire groupin' of the third worst fact'ry jeep mods ever. Blasphemy! :eek:

How 'bout the worst configuration of a 4-door without spendin' a dime on mods? Seen one again just yesterday on my way back from the Tractor Supply to the trailer park. Failed miser'bly to get a pic tho. Sorry.

Take the top off the 4-door. Take the front doors off the 4-door. But leave the fuckin' back doors on! Just screams how fucked up it is to have 4 doors in the first place. :stirthepot:

Carry on ...

You know what's dumber than having a solid command of the English language and then intentionally taking extra time to make it look like you don't? Yeah, me neither.

This is like a smart girl that goes out of her way to pretend not to be. She thinks it makes her easier to identify with, and more likable. It doesn't, it's just sad.

It's different with some of the members that can barely form a sentence. I can understand that type of dumb.

What about the rear corner diamond plate covers your vote on those for a bad modification ?

My Jeep corner below ... [/IMG]

Nice!

My first set was on the ass-end of my ol' FJ-40. Bought 'em used and it was cheaper than actu'ly doin' all the body work to fix the fuckin' rust holes they covered. :grinpimp:

You know what's dumber than having a solid command of the English language and then intentionally taking extra time to make it look like you don't? Yeah, me neither.

Put some salve on your hatchet wound there, Karen :homer:

Dude wants to stylize his writing to reflect the tone / voice he wants you to hear.

Shakespeare did it, Louis L'amour did it, thousands of others did it - fookin' deal with it.

. . . or not - eese up to joo, mang :flipoff2:

Put some salve on your hatchet wound there, Karen :homer:

Dude wants to stylize his writing to reflect the tone / voice he wants you to hear.

Shakespeare did it, Louis L'amour did it, thousands of others did it - fookin' deal with it.

. . . or not - eese up to joo, mang :flipoff2:

In my head, it speaks to me as Cowboy Poetry. Maybe a little slice of Americana. Or not. Could be the hydroxychloroquine talking.
I smoked away over a decade of my life and used to spend my Marlboro cash on their stupid cookbooks.
I always envision Kowboy to be the author of those things.

I think a Kowboy-ified version of Hamlet would be a real page-turner. You know there would be midgets.

Color matched license plate, otherwise known as a permanent ticket magnet? Should have a plate frame that says probable cause.
E8CF90F4-7C60-4949-B8BB-67627235E25A.jpeg

The problem with something like this is you can't unsee it. I've seen some horrid builds, but that is a true abomination.

Top Back Refresh