What's new

Workplace BYD cell phone polices

I went from a work provided phone to a per month reimbursement to I get to just pay for it all. Now I pay for it all they can text me but I'm not installing any MDM crap, I'm not looking at my email with it, I have DUO (2-factor auth) installed but that's more for my convenience. I don't join conference calls with it, I don't provide the number to random work people.

I use my personal phone. I really do not want a second phone, only down side is once customers and work people have my personal number it can be a bit annoying but not to bad. I was told I can have a work phone, or they offer $ towards my personal. It does not cost me anything more to use it for work bc my plan so I have not asked for anything. Only time it costs me more is if I have to call Germany often, most of the time the costs are not enough to worry about. When I go there I get the $10/day plan added on and submit it in my expense report.

I have had two phones, it had some perks but I found it more annoying than helpful most of the time. I am getting paid decently, using my phone makes my life easier so no need to ask for more for that convenience IMO.

When my old company started allowing BYOD, I ported my work number over to Google Voice and kept my personal number as my own. You can turn off the GVoice number whenever you want. Made it handy.

Top Back Refresh