What's new

Work announced a merger today

Don't know how feasible it it, but what about transferring all the trailers over to your NSC and leave the new drivers/tractors under their original NSC, and run them as a sub contractor/tractor service kinda deal?

Keeps your record clean, gives you time to evaluate drivers and see which ones can make the jump over.
I get the impressions those decisions are a few orders of magnitude above his pay grade seeing as he's just finding about about the merger as it's happening.

I get the impressions those decisions are a few orders of magnitude above his pay grade seeing as he's just finding about about the merger as it's happening.

Merger was announced yesterday, not happening for a while. My official title is Safety and Heavy Haul Supervisor, 3rd in command (lol) but I've known the family for most of my life. I was told right after the family meeting, but now I'm responsible for making a smooth transition and physically moving to the other location (much bigger office and shop). We also take over their Burnaby BC and Calgary AB terminal which adds logistical complications and lots of travel for me.

We are thinking about how to transition the lower paid drivers, my thought is to review their safety record and road test them and if they look decent we will be giving them a $9/hr raise. I think this will encourage the good ones to stay and weed out the weak ones.

All equipment will be re-registered and subsequently fall under our NSC, which adds a lot of assets but also a lot of vulnerability because any incidents will obviously fall under our record. This is the part that stresses me out the most because our company's safety record is the best achievable, to the point where we don't have to stop at the scales and we have zero imperfections on record.

My days of the ship running itself and me surfing IBB are gonna be gone for a while :frown:

you better be getting a FAT raise.

the son is looking to sell out, you are the key to that happening, get paid now.
Will be inquiring about a raise asap but I do pretty good already :grinpimp:

The son is incredibly passionate about this company and trucking in general. Parents are worth $2b and yet he has a CDL, we're the same age (40) and we're a lot alike other than his rover versus my 03 Silverado beater that I commute with :laughing:. He likes having the company around because it assists and compliments his property development business and hemp processing facility. It was also started by his grand father in 1963 and he loves the legacy. I would truly be shocked if he sold out but it's never a for sure thing I guess

Will be inquiring about a raise asap but I do pretty good already :grinpimp:

The son is incredibly passionate about this company and trucking in general. Parents are worth $2b and yet he has a CDL, we're the same age (40) and we're a lot alike other than his rover versus my 03 Silverado beater that I commute with :laughing:. He likes having the company around because it assists and compliments his property development business and hemp processing facility. It was also started by his grand father in 1963 and he loves the legacy. I would truly be shocked if he sold out but it's never a for sure thing I guess
The #1 rule to remember is that no boss/owner is loyal to any subordinate. Not ever. You can and will be fucked over as soon as your boss decides that something else in their life is more important.

Top Back Refresh