What's new

Wonder how long before this BS is mainstream everywhere.

the conservative atheist

😷😷😷ㅤ=ㅤ🐑🐑🐑
Member Number
NEW YORK – State officials have launched a digital pass New Yorkers can download to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test.

The Excelsior Pass will be accepted at major entertainment venues like Madison Square Garden and Albany’s Times Union Center.

The app is similar to a mobile airline boarding pass and uses a secure QR code that can be stored in a smartphone or printed out. Officials said the technology doesn’t store or track private health data within the app.

"New Yorkers have proven they can follow public health guidance to beat back COVID, and the innovative Excelsior Pass is another tool in our new toolbox to fight the virus while allowing more sectors of the economy to reopen safely and keeping personal information secure," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said in a statement.

Cuomo announced Saturday that more than 8.5 million total vaccine doses have been administered across the state, including more than 1 million doses over the past week.

New York launches digital vaccination, testing passport app | Fox News

They can take it and shove it up their peehole.

papers1Big.jpg

Hawaii has been doing this for months on a website. :homer:

I had to participate to go there for family matters, it really chapped my hide. At least all I had to was test, no vaccines for this guy.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/vaccine-...=DM204743_03292021&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502eta6q2

Home | America
Tags: vaccine | covid | coronavirus | passport | biden
Biden White House Plans 'Vaccine Passports'

GetFile.aspx

President Joe Biden speaks during a news conference in the East Room of the White House in Washington. Biden is taking the opposite approach of the Clinton administration to help the economy. (Evan Vucci/AP)

By Solange Reyner | Sunday, 28 March 2021 07:24 PM

The White House is working on a COVID-19 vaccine passport initiative that could be required for travel, sporting events and even eating out, reports The Washington Post.

The report comes as major U.S. airlines and nearly 30 travel and labor groups are pushing President Joe Biden to develop a standardized, government-backed credential to "accelerate safe economic activity and recovery."

"The U.S. must be a leader in this development," the groups wrote in a letter to COVID-19 Recovery Team Coordinator Jeff Zients on Monday. "The current diverse and fragmented digital health credentials used to implement different countries' air travel testing requirements risk causing confusion, reducing compliance, and increasing fraud."

Zients and the Department of Health and Human Services are leading the effort, according to sources who spoke with the Post. The White House declined to answer questions about the initiative and instead directed the news outlet to public statements made by Zients and other officials this month on the topic.

"Our role is to help ensure that any solutions in this area should be simple, free, open source, accessible to people both digitally and on paper, and designed from the start to protect people’s privacy," Zients said at a March 12 briefing.

The initiative has presented multiple challenges for the administration, including data privacy issues and healthcare equity. Additionally, at least 17 other initiatives are already underway.

The Vaccine Credential Initiative, a collaboration between tech and health care companies to develop technology that would store a secure copy of an individual’s vaccination record in a digital wallet on a person’s smartphone, is already in the works.

"The busboy, the janitor, the waiter that works at a restaurant, wants to be surrounded by employees that are going back to work safely - and wants to have the patrons ideally be safe as well," Brian Anderson, a physician at Mitre, a nonprofit company that runs federally funded research centers, who is helping lead the initiative, told the Post.

"Creating an environment for those vulnerable populations to get back to work safely - and to know that the people coming back to their business are ‘safe,’ and vaccinated - would be a great scenario."

Some experts say the moves are premature.

"I think it's premature to be talking about how we get people these immunizations certificates," L.J Tan, CSO at the Immunization Action Coalition, told Advisory Board in January.

"Our focus should be on getting people vaccinated. Once we get enough people vaccinated then we can leverage that vaccinated pool for analysis."

Nita Farany, a professor and director of the Initiative for Science & Society at Duke University, told Advisory she had concerns of passports creating a "two-tiered society" where individuals who haven’t received a vaccine don’t have access to public places and jobs versus those who are vaccinated.

"I'm just opposed to it right now, when there is a significant limitation on the number of people who can get access to Covid vaccines," she said.

The United States has administered 143,462,691 doses of COVID-19 vaccines as of Sunday morning and distributed 180,646,465 doses, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Sunday.

I miss the good ol' days when Obama campaigned that no one in america would ever say to a person "show me your papers," because that would be racist.

How long until a competing app pays people to share their covid passport so people can use it without getting the witch doctor potion?

My health information is private. HIPPA says so. It's a violation of their regulations to ask me for medical records if you're not my physician.

Your health information is as private as you elect it to be. You will be forced to sign it over. Perfect examples - licensing/registering vehicles - it's bull crap but if I want to drive around without constant harassment then I have to participate. Same goes with taxes. I can choose not to do it, but life is going to get hard. The part that bothers me is that the government (and other governments) will restrict my travel. Basically, you will be refused at every turn until you comply.

Just wait until they do a federal tax deduction for Covid vaccination or a stimilus check tied to the same.

Your health information is as private as you elect it to be. You will be forced to sign it over. Perfect examples - licensing/registering vehicles - it's bull crap but if I want to drive around without constant harassment then I have to participate. Same goes with taxes. I can choose not to do it, but life is going to get hard. The part that bothers me is that the government (and other governments) will restrict my travel. Basically, you will be refused at every turn until you comply.

Just wait until they do a federal tax deduction for Covid vaccination or a stimilus check tied to the same.

You will need your Rona vaccine certificate to vote???:stirthepot:

You will need your Rona vaccine certificate to vote???:stirthepot:

fawk i was thinking about that when i first saw the vaccine cards

can anyone here grab a stack of blank ones so we can start forging them??

It will never go to traveling from state to state within the continental but it will be if you plan to travel overseas, take a cruise or possibly get on an airplane.

I can possible see it for traveling abroad, but this shit is so fucked up and an invasion into to personnel rights...

I can possible see it for traveling abroad, but this shit is so fucked up and an invasion into to personnel rights...

I believe that I'm still restricted from Norway. At a minimum I'd have to quarantine for two weeks there and take a covid test.

Nevermind:

Updated 23 March 2021
Norway’s strict entry rules are extended

Due to the outbreak of a more contagious variant of the coronavirus, the Norwegian government has decided to close the borders to prevent spreading this virus. Anyone that returns to the country from an unnecessary leisure travel abroad must stay at a quarantine hotel when they return to Norway, starting from 00.00 on 29 March.

Only Norwegian nationals and foreign nationals that reside in Norway are allowed to enter the country.

There are a few exemptions, for instance for journalists, seafarers, and foreign nationals who perform commercial transport of goods and passengers.

As a tangent....why do people all over FagBook feel the need to post pics of themselves with their vaccination card? Is there some sort of thing going on (beyond the obvious virtue signaling going on) that I'm not aware of?

As a tangent....why do people all over FagBook feel the need to post pics of themselves with their vaccination card? Is there some sort of thing going on (beyond the obvious virtue signaling going on) that I'm not aware of?

It's covid culture, nothing about it makes sense

They're sharing all the relevant mfg and batch info you'll need to fill out your own card! :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh