What's new

Wj wont run help please?...

Chadwick

Yellow Skull
Member Number
Loc
Near ..Woodland Park, Co
2000 wj v8 213,000.... runs great no issues i do upkeep new computer6k ago programmed for shift harshness... at any rate just fueled top off and have at same station many times already jeep ran and drove 30 miles stopped to wait on family .. went to start and now super rough idle then dies.... bad fuel?.... already unhooked cables to try n reset computer... what else other than dump a tank of fuel and new filter?

Not super familiar with Fiat products, but my Fords all have crash switches, the one in my Super Duty has been known to randomly trip. Should be easy to reset.

Pop the hood, find the schrader valve on the fuel rail, looks like a tire valve stem. Touch the center pin like you were deflating a tire, if fuel sprays out, you have fuel. easy thing to check roadside

(Untitled)

did schrader valve very little pressure so im leaning toward weak fuel pump going for tools n parts roadside repair wasnt scheduled for today.. now gets precedence

No inertia switch on a Jeep.

Sometimes banging on the bottom of the gas tank while cranking the engine will get the pump to run again, shocks the brushes to make contact again. You will need to change it ASAP if that works, it won't work much longer.

Not super familiar with Fiat products...

A 2000 WJ is not a Fiat.

My buddy's 4.7L WJ died similarly all of a sudden. He searched and found it quite common to throw off the rocker arms.

A 2000 WJ is not a Fiat.

My buddy's 4.7L WJ died similarly all of a sudden. He searched and found it quite common to throw off the rocker arms.

Oh so sorry, its a Diamler Chrysler product :flipoff2: same shit different smell

Pump was made by Bosch. Quad rings would fail in them, usually just a long crank time, though. The ring (A square cut o-ring) can be replaced.

Top Back Refresh