What's new
  • If you have not received the email confirmation check your Spam folder. If it's not there please use the Contact Us Form and let us know your username.

If you have a Yahoo! email, they are currently blocking everything the site sends. Please contact us dierctly with the link above.

With all the events lately, i think i want to just move out west away from everyone

IEATRKS84

Member Number
Any body else thought about this? I think i could scrape together like $200,000 for a property and just move out into the middle of no where. Just away from everything and spend my days riding my vehicles around and shooting/fishing things. Find a place bordering some BLM/Fed land and just go to town. Some where like CO/UT/ID/AZ/NM/NV or something. What would Kirkland-version pirate do?

Roc Doc

#580 Really terrific #
Member Number
Any body else thought about this? I think i could scrape together like $200,000 for a property and just move out into the middle of no where. Just away from everything and spend my days riding my vehicles around and shooting/fishing things. Find a place bordering some BLM/Fed land and just go to town. Some where like CO/UT/ID/AZ/NM/NV or something. What would Kirkland-version pirate do?

You're going to do that about the time Uncle Fab walks the Appalachian Trail.

Provience

Kill!
Member Number
man, kind of a sad thought. just realized all those states you listed are what i consider east. yup, there is no more out west freedom areas anymore :(

what would you do if you were out there? That can be a pretty big factor in finding an area that fits your needs. being outside some place like boise is similar but different than being outside las vegas despite the price being about the same

junkytj

Sarcastic Asshole
Member Number
Leave enough back to pay your taxes for the rest of your life because it doesn't sound like you have much of a plan for income and the tax man will bring the riot to your door.

IEATRKS84

Member Number
man, kind of a sad thought. just realized all those states you listed are what i consider east. yup, there is no more out west freedom areas anymore :(

what would you do if you were out there? That can be a pretty big factor in finding an area that fits your needs. being outside some place like boise is similar but different than being outside las vegas despite the price being about the same

Well, youre in WA, out west for you is the ocean.

As far as "Do", i dunno. Kindof over the 3 hours a day commute into liberal land, sit in my corner office all day and fight over salary digits that a subsidize a large portion of active rioters that hate the color of my skin.

SanDiegoCJ

Non Lemming
Member Number

Idaho, Montana, & Wyoming are your best bets. Nevada has 87% of the land owned by the feds, so not much area left to live on that you can buy and hunt/fish and sustain yourself.

jeeptj19992001

land of milk and honey
Member Number
Idaho, Montana, & Wyoming are your best bets. Nevada has 87% of the land owned by the feds, so not much area left to live on that you can buy and hunt/fish and sustain yourself.

aren't those states being bought up by liberal actors / actress. for their fenced-in mega compounds?

45acp

naw man
Member Number

Too cold. I want Arizona or Lance-area Utah.

not2hye

Knucklehead
Member Number
Been thinking about the same thing, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Texas even.

Buy up a little piece of dirt and throw some cows on it. Build my own roping arena and sell beers and tri tip 2 nights a week.

Boss

Where am I ?
Member Number
Not me oh, I want a front row seat to the demise of civilization. I'm just banking on the Rapture soon after

45acp

naw man
Member Number
It's 105* at noon, headed for 108+

Yawn.

Anyone who has lived in the bottom half of the confederate states can cope just fine. Is 120 in Arizona brutal? Fuck yes it is. Just as brutal as 100 in Mississippi.

Action Fab

Get off my lawn
Member Number
That's how my parents and I ended up in Arkansas. In the mid 90's, my folks bought 16 acres surrounded on 3 sides by 39k acres of national forest. They have three year around creeks surroud the small mountain they're situated on, in the Ouachitas. My Stepdad retired right after 9/11 and they moved up here. I stayed till after high school when I decided to relocate too.

There are a lot better places to get lost than in the desert.

Last edited:

FleshEater

Ordinary Average Guy
Member Number
I've been trying to get the wife to move to Wyoming since we went out there. Winters are probably harsh enough to keep a small population in that state.