What's new

wisdom teeth

87manche

kinder and gentler
Member Number
Loc
lake erie
I just lost mine.

the suck is going to start in about an hour I guess.

Yup, mine sucked, jack hammered out in pieces and Dr bighands tore the corners of my mouth a bit wrestling them out.

dude had all four of them out of my head in 25 minutes.

it's an odd thing to hear teeth being pulled from your skull.

Had all four pulled at the same time. Had to break up the last one in three pieces before it came out.
Loaded up on Percocet and made a pitcher of gin and tonics and watched "Apocalypse Now" 7 times in a row.

Mine about killed me. I ended up with a serious infection that went up into my temple, and into my eye socket. Turned my eye completely black and had a bulging temple. They had to go in with a scalpel through my mouth and cut up into my temple to reduce the puss build up (while I was awake). Then they put a tube in that drained from my temple into my mouth for a week. Felt like an elephant was standing on my head for about 7 days.

-DuckTape

Had all four pulled at the same time. Had to break up the last one in three pieces before it came out.
Loaded up on Percocet and made a pitcher of gin and tonics and watched "Apocalypse Now" 7 times in a row.

what with the opiod epidemic and shit they don't give out pain pills.
you're just supposed to come home with 4 pulled teeth and take some fucking aspirin.

2 at a time here....each side, because I was poor at the time and got the minimum done. One bottom one was impacted and had to be sawed up into 3 pieces to get out. Smoke rolling out of your mouth is just great. One of my top ones broke in half while still in the gum....yeah, that hurt too. I hate dental work.

Two dry sockets here. I was in so much pain, I had to call my ex to drive me to the dentist to have them sort it out. Most pain I had ever been in.

Dentist stuffed some fiber into the sockets. Almost looked like wet hair or something. 5m later I was fine. :confused:

you're just supposed to come home with 4 pulled teeth and take some fucking aspirin.

Well, it was probably 25 years ago....

I had all 4 done at once with no issues. I opted to go the anesthesia route and slept through the procedure. Vicodin was my friend for a few days after and everything healed up nicely.

Got all four of mine pulled at once my senior year of high school. 3 of them impacted and had to be broken up before being yanked out. I was miserable for 3 days after even with pain pills.

Had mine yanked 4 years ago. Sold the pain pills and bought some weed :smokin: jaw was just a dull ache for a few days.

45yrs old and still have mine :flipoff2:

Dentist says I have plenty of room for them so fuck it.

2016 had all 4 taken out. Dds gave me a script for 7.5 norco. Didn't even take one of them, they ended up rotting away in my medicine cabinet.

pussy

Had mine out 20 years ago when I was 18. I was put under and they cut the bastards out.

Had all of mine pulled in highschool, knocked me out via anesthesia and I woke up fine. Next day was my mom's birthday and my dad booked the family a 8hr whale watching boat trip. Worst day of my life, vicodin and a rocking boat did not mix. Puked within the first hour of the ride. Puked/dry heaved a lot more after and ended up passing out at one point. Now I hate boats and the ocean. The end :flipoff2:

All four of mine had to be broken to be removed. I woke up in the middle of it with the surgeon's hand and chisel shoved in my face. They up'd the gas and I was back out. I hurt bad afterward.

My brother had no issues getting his removed. Lucky fuck.

mine were impacted started on a Saturday morning had to wait til Monday to get them out, could open my mouth by then.
if it hurts a day or 2 after you have dry sockets, go back and they will pack with clove oil, instant relief , I had to go back everyday for a week and if they stitch you up make sure there are no loose strings they will drive you crazy.

just had a root canal last week that aint fun either, broke a tooth on an olive pit

What’s up with you pussies getting knocked out? I was conscious when they broke mine out in pieces with a pair of pliers. My mouth bled for two and a half months.

IDK if it's been mentioned, but the younger you are the easier they come out. (in general).

My daughter had her's taken out last year at 18. Easy peasy. They gave her a few pain pills but she didn't take them.

I still have mine and plenty of room. But the dentist said if they do have to come out when I'm 60+ it's going to be rough.

Ha, still have mine. Apparently I have room for them.

I guess I got lucky. They gave me some gas and I woke up and they were out. Didn't even hurt afterwards.

Had all 4 wisdom teeth removed during my college years. The procedure itself was routine. The post surgery recovery was not.

I was left unattended for what they claim was a short period of time, while the anesthesia wore off. I came out of it sooner than expected, not fully knowing WTF was going on. I somehow got out of the chair, knocked over a tray full of dental tools, tripped and ended up on the floor crawling around on my hands and knees. Hearing all the commotion, the assistant came running into the room, flung the door open and whacked me in the head..... out like a light again. Woke up a short time later with a paramedic checking my vitals.

Oh yeah, later on I had to deal with 2 dry sockets.....fawk.

Not wizdom teeth but had a few pulled recently and was sent home with a handful of aspirin.

Could have punted that chink right in the hoohaa

Everybody paid.

Took weeks to get through that:shaking:

I have all mine, even after an orthodontist told me when I was a young kid that I "probably wouldn't have all of them"... Fucktard also wanted to sqeeze thousands of dollars out of my folks for a problem that corrected itself.

Had mine pulled when I was 17 (about 15 years ago), I have no idea what people are bitching about. I was given a buffet of pills, ate whatever I wanted, and never had an issue.

Haven't seen a dentist/ortho since.

Aisin said:
What’s up with you pussies getting knocked out? I was conscious when they broke mine out in pieces with a pair of pliers. My mouth bled for two and a half months.

Try nitrous some time, its pretty great. Had mine done in high school, knocked out and got actual pain killers. Last tooth I had yanked I got knocked out for, drove myself home all sorts of fucked up

True story

I went to have ONE of mine pulled cause it was hurting so bad I couldn't take it anymore. I had no insurance at the time and not much money. I went over the costs with the doc as I was in the chair and when they told me like$800 or something for the Novocain or whatever they used I refused because I didn't have the money.

She said she would bill me and I just saw a year of payments in my mind, or 20 min of fucked up pain. I had a really young family at the time and so I went the pain route and that is the most pain I have ever had, and hopefully ever will.

Doctor was pissed at me because I wouldn't pay but I survived and no payments!!

Top Back Refresh