What's new

wisdom teeth

All 4 pulled, 2 impacted. Not knocked out. Went home with my vicotin script and when the pain got somewhat bad I took them. Proceeded to puke my guts out with the gauze packed in my mouth. Promptly threw those pills out and didn't take but a couple advil after that. Just lived with the mild pain. Wasn't nearly as painful as when my highlift broke my nose.

All 4 pulled, 2 impacted. Not knocked out. Went home with my vicotin script and when the pain got somewhat bad I took them. Proceeded to puke my guts out with the gauze packed in my mouth. Promptly threw those pills out and didn't take but a couple advil after that. Just lived with the mild pain. Wasn't nearly as painful as when my highlift broke my nose.

Now that you mention it, my lower right was impacted. Still no pain after all 4 came out. Like, zero pain.

All 4 out here back in 2001...took the gas route, told me to count backwards from 10-1 and I think I made it to 8. Woke up in the recovery room and ended up going skiing two days later, never even filled the scrip.

Only issue was a week or so later I was giving a presentation for a college course, and one of the stitches/clotting things came out. Tasted fucking terrible and I had to gag/spit into the trash can in the middle of presenting. :barf:

Ha, still have mine. Apparently I have room for them.

dude told me that it's not a space issue. Above the gums or not they take up the same space in your jaw.

today isn't so bad. Some slight bleeding from one of them this morning, but I just drank a cup of coffee.

I guess I'm lucky. I haven't taken anything more than an aleve.

Try nitrous some time, its pretty great. Had mine done in high school, knocked out and got actual pain killers. Last tooth I had yanked I got knocked out for, drove myself home all sorts of fucked up

I got shots of novocaine and a jar of Motrin 800. Navy doctors are the guys that flunked out of elementary school gym teacher college.

ate a cheeseburger.

no more bleeding.
lower left one is real sensitive to hot/cold.

I guess I lucked out on this whole deal being not a real big deal. My hip hurts more after walking a mile than 4 wisdom teeth.

Had mine removed when I was 12....

not sure if I was too young or you're just really old getting them out

Is this a bad time to note that due to some sort of genetic anomoly, I have no wisdom teeth??? :flipoff2:

Is this a bad time to note that due to some sort of genetic anomoly, I have no wisdom teeth??? :flipoff2:

Same here. Back in Navy boot camp they were removing nearly everyone’s wisdom teeth. Doc looked at my x-rays, said “you don’t have any, back to work.”

I had all 4 done at once with no issues. I opted to go the anesthesia route and slept through the procedure. Vicodin was my friend for a few days after and everything healed up nicely.

My experience as well. Went smoothly.

Not only did I have all four yanked, I also had supernumerary teeth. Basically an extra set of front teeth. One was growing up twords my nose the other down twords my front teeth damn near making my front teeth lay over each other.

They cut open the roof of my mouth to extract them.

While sleeping after surgery, I woke up choking and puked up a blood clot as big as a fucking tampon That was still attached to the roof of my mouth and I had to rip it off. That sucked. I think I was 11 at the time.

a week later and this was a non issue.
everyone told me it was the worst thing ever.
I didn't even take any of these norcos.
stopped taking naproxen like 3 days after.

I walk around in my pain daily than wisdom teeth caused me.

I took 1 Norco. The euphoria was enuf to say no thanks to any more of them. Any pain was a non issue because I had nearly zero.

I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth, almost perpendicular to the next molars. They chiseled mine out. I had bone fragments surfacing from my gums for about a year haha.

My wisdom teeth caused me pretty bad migraines which is what caused me to push to get them out

dry socket just like being hit on both sides of the head at the same time i think i passed out from the pain went to work the next day. got all 4 removed at the same time.

I guess I have been lucky. 3 of 4 have been removed, one at a time as needed. each were done at the dentist and on my lunch hour and then back to work.

My daughter had all 4 removed last year in preparation for jaw surgery next week.
that will make having the wisdom teeth removed like a party. needs to have her jaw wired for 6 weeks.

Last edited:
30 minutes post op and boooooy do I feel good

here's hoping it goes as well for you as it did for me.

my only issue has been increaded sensitivity to hot/cold in the upper left molar that was adjacent.
I hope it goes away. It's really annoying.

All mine where extracted at the same time , all where impacted so they came out in pieces , it's all a blur now but the oral surgeon put me under with Demerol so I was feeling no pain.
Now the next day was a whole other pain, no pain meds just aspirin, but this is close to forty years ago now.

Has them pulled at 27. Ate Steak for dinner that night. Never a moment of pain.

Top Back Refresh