What's new

Winch quick connector type

Wheelerfreak

Chronically stupid
Member Number
Loc
Near TA, NM, out in BFE
I'm looking to add quick connectors to my other rigs so I can use one winch on all of them. I had read on the other site that Warn used an Anderson style connector. Looking on Grainger for an Anderson style connector and they look different. So what style does Warn use for it's quick connectors?

This is what Warn uses direct from their site:
Warn Connector.jpeg

This is what Grainger lists as an Anderson connector:

Anderson Connector.jpeg

Theyre essentially the same, but most winch MFG use a proprietary notch or tab in their connections so you can't run to NAPA and get new ones.

Honestly I'd use the generic style Anderson

I've got the Warn connectors on the winch and one of my trucks already so was wanting to stay the same on the other rigs and the Anderson doesn't look like it will work without some mods to it? I also have a set of Warn jumper cables that I won at an event that plug into their style connectors, so if I can find the same plug type it would be easier to just buy 4-5 other plugs of that Warn style.

The other interesting thing I found is that Warn lists the connector as rated to 175 amps, under full pull they list my winch as pulling 400 amps. I found 350 amp rated plugs that look like the same as the Warn on Amazon, but if I can get the name of that style of plug I can shop here on the IBB parts counter.

175 amps is probably continuous. They'll take a lot in bursts.

The plastic on the connectors is different, the metal spade terminals that are crimped or soldiered on should be the same, staying with same connector size. Flat blade screw driver pops them out easily, change the plastic to whatever style you like, rock on.

Stubby adapter plug? Warn on one side Anderson on the other? Not my favorite idea.

The Anderson connectors come in different keying for different applications (indicated by color) and to make sure you can't cross-plug gray/red/yellow/blue/whatever. The Warn ones are the same keying as standard red Anderson's, size match and mate to the 175's.

The Anderson connectors come in different keying for different applications (indicated by color) and to make sure you can't cross-plug gray/red/yellow/blue/whatever. The Warn ones are the same keying as standard red Anderson's, size match and mate to the 175's.
No way? Did not know that, thanks!

Top Back Refresh