What's new

Winch on a gooseneck

ANGELO

Red Numb Skull
Member Number
Picked up a bigtex 20+5 few days ago. The first thing I want on it is a winch, I'll never go back to not having one. On my bumper pull I mounted a tool box on the tongue and the winch inside.
I have a 8k warn I'll probably use or I'll buy a badlands.
So let's see some pictures of how you mounted yours

RHTrucks

Member Number
I know this is an older thread, but this could be some good info.
I'm about to build a removable winch for 2 of my dad's trailers that will be charged from the 7-way.
And I'm building one for my haul truck and trailer that will be permanent.
I'll post up once I start, but I'm still a couple months out.

total newb

senior jerk ass
Member Number
I mount my winches to the bumpers of the trucks. Works for gooses and bumper pulls.

20200201_150850.jpg
20200419_170824.jpg

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
I'd mount it up near the top of the neck, way better for dragging junk up onto the deck.

Newb, my buddy swears by that as well. My plan is a receiver mount winch, then have a receiver mount on my trailers and an adapter for my gooseneck hitch in my bed.

RHTrucks

Member Number
total newb that is one of the options I'm considering for my haul truck. I'm building a flatbed for it and want it at the back, under the bed. Using a snatch block off a crossmember on my gooseneck.
The other option would be to have a hard mounted winch on the trailer with cable "disconnect" ends.
I like the winch built into the truck so I can use it for other purposes than just the trailer.

total newb

senior jerk ass
Member Number
total newb that is one of the options I'm considering for my haul truck. I'm building a flatbed for it and want it at the back, under the bed. Using a snatch block off a crossmember on my gooseneck.
The other option would be to have a hard mounted winch on the trailer with cable "disconnect" ends.
I like the winch built into the truck so I can use it for other purposes than just the trailer.

Its how i loaded this. 2wd dodge had ruenels and winches at both ends. Got a lot of shit done.
553.jpeg

maveric

F N G
Member Number
No pics, but I welded a hitch to the front plate of the GN deck. My 8274 is on a removable plate so I can move it between vehicles. (It’s heavy, so I don’t move it much). I have a quick connect for electrical on the winch, and jumper cable ends on the other side. The advantage to this setup is that anyone that uses the trailer can use the winch. The disadvantage is that anyone can use the winch with the trailer.
I have multiple rigs that I use the trailer with (depending on what I’m hauling), so having the winch available with the trailer is better for me. Having it removable allows full use of the deck.

IH Parts America - CPT Crawler Proven Technology

Register and these ads Disappear!