What's new

Winch bumper

I've been looking for something too.. mostly for deer protection that doesn't look stoopid.. so I will be following.

This is what I used on my 03. It's actually designed for the 4th gen body style, and is a direct bolt on for them. I had to make a few slight modifications to my front bumper since the third gen body style has slightly smaller air dam gap.

Last edited:
Not for everyone but I have a road armor with Titan II guard on my 16 3500. I drive a minimum of 150 miles a day through deer and elk infested back highways so I need the extra protection.

Holds my warn 16.5 am about any lighting combo you’d want. I have 4 diode dynamics SS3 pro fogs 2 in yellow 2 in 4k white and a 40” baja designs hi-power. It definitely falls under the stupid expensive category but I found mine for $1500 used.

photo2416.jpg

photo4360.jpg

photo4361.jpg

Not for everyone but I have a road armor with Titan II guard on my 16 3500. I drive a minimum of 150 miles a day through deer and elk infested back highways so I need the extra protection.

Holds my warn 16.5 am about any lighting combo you’d want. I have 4 diode dynamics SS3 pro fogs 2 in yellow 2 in 4k white and a 40” baja designs hi-power. It definitely falls under the stupid expensive category but I found mine for $1500 used.

The deal breaker for me is the bars up front. If the guard folded down for easier engine bay access, I wouldnt mind it.

The deal breaker for me is the bars up front. If the guard folded down for easier engine bay access, I wouldnt mind it.

I have no issues working in the engine bay but I understand what you mean

james at RLC FABRICATION built the bumper on my black 2001. It fits a m8000. I have never needed a big winch on my tow rigs, just a tool to drag trees, cars and farm stuff.
I am running a ranch hand With a m15000 on my 4500 work truck not because it looks cool but for the utility.

It would be nice to see some nice bumpers for the 4th gen trucks. My 2018 3500 srw needs a minimal high clearance winch bumper. I will probably end up building one in the shop around a small 9000lbs warn. It is not a hard core wheeler, just a high speed truck off road truck. If not just buy Thurens high clearance front bumper or build one similar. It doesn’t really need a winch for recovery.

652C5161-17CC-4DFF-89D6-6AC85C843F12.jpeg
image.jpg

Hammerhead all the way. An old buddy designs for them. He thinks of everything in his designs and It's an awesome facility with talent for days.
I've installed 3 or 4 fronts and 2 rears. The bumper saved a '10 3500 SRW direct hit to a tree at 50mph.

Last edited:

Road armor shows the bumper will only take a warn 12,000. Id like to use the 16.5 as you have. are the 4th gen trucks maybe allow a bigger winch? mines a 3rd gen.

Top Back Refresh