What's new

Wife-J

I grew to dislike the ratcheting of my lunchbox locker. Never put one in my Dana 30 because they seem to make weak parts break more because people think they’re locked and can go anywhere. It’s still a small Dana 30.

Is this the crankshaft you’re looking at getting back? I know nothing of this 12wt stuff.

Is this the crankshaft you’re looking at getting back? I know nothing of this 12wt stuff.

No, earlier models have more counter weights. More rotating mass; arguably stronger and better harmonics. Im not drag racing, similar to why people put heavy flywheels for crawling.

Talked with Russ Pottenger again, he's supposed to send me a proposal of parts to look over for the 4.7L stroker now that I've acquired a virgin block and crank to work off of. Hard finding 30+ y/o good parts these days.

Also picked up a used NIB ARB for the rear D44 to replace the Detroit. RD109 so 35 spline, G2 shafts were $200 shipped for the pair so that was an easy decision. Need to pull the Detroit and see why its acting like a spool... so i can throw it up front.

when ordering new D44 gears... looks like motive is one of the best brands to buy from these days?

should i get:

4.88 - 39/8 teeth or 4.89 - 44/9 teeth.

my gut is saying 4.89s

Well, coworker never pulled the crank. Good guy with a lot on his plate so never pushed the issue.

Browsing FBMP and came across this, for $50 and 15min away I couldn't pass it up. Going to drop it off for machining and he'll pick up the tab.

Screenshot_20231225_152450_Facebook.jpg

I need some more 'write-offs' so hopefully russ is around this week to take my money.

I was going back and forth over making the 2" perches work and turning the knuckles on the scout axle. Or cutting down and spring under a K10 D44.

So I did neither and bought a 1979 wagoneer chassis today for the front axle.

YJ perch width is 31. Waggy is 32. Fuck it, guess I'll weld new mounts to the YJ.

20240315_145325.jpg

Top Back Refresh