What's new

Wife bought an air fryer

Pat McRotch

UHURU 👌
Member Number
Made some hot wings last night, quick and damn good.
What's some good eats outta this thing?

Been thinking about it. Post back after using it for a while to let us know if it is something to have or just a gimmick.

I think the gimmick is the term air fryer. It's an electric convection oven.

We pretty much stopped using our oven after getting one. Obviously it can't replace a pan and oil for things that need deep fried.

I have a toaster oven that has a giant fan on top that blows straight down. I don't think this is an "air fryer" per say, but man, it cooks things VERY fast. Frozen pizzas are done in literally 1/2 the time as an oven, and at a lower temperature. I've had to adjust how I cook/bake things in the toaster oven compared to my old one with no fan. If you go by the times and temperatures on the box, you WILL end up with a briquette. :laughing:

I've never really used my oven, I don't need to heat up something that large just to make a meal, so I've always used toaster ovens.

Last edited:
Both of you need one, trust me!

The wife made me home made 5 Guys style cajun fries last night in the air fryer. You really cant tell the difference between air fried or deep fried if done right. They also make frozen treats like wings, potato skins and mozzarella sticks taste restaurant style instead of soggy and gross like ovens do to that type of stuff.

The wife made me home made 5 Guys style cajun fries last night in the air fryer. You really cant tell the difference between air fried or deep fried if done right. They also make frozen treats like wings, potato skins and mozzarella sticks taste restaurant style instead of soggy and gross like ovens do to that type of stuff.

Will add to list of "must buys"

Another board I'm on with a small group has weekly threads on what is being done in the air fryer, they say it is the greatest invention ever.

Made some hot wings last night, quick and damn good.
What's some good eats outta this thing?

I have a toaster oven that has a giant fan on top that blows straight down. I don't think this is an "air fryer" per say, but man, it cooks things VERY fast. Frozen pizzas are done in literally 1/2 the time as an oven, and at a lower temperature. I've had to adjust how I cook/bake things in the toaster oven compared to my old one with no fan. If you go by the times and temperatures on the box, you WILL end up with a briquette. :laughing:

I've never really used my oven, I don't need to heat up something that large just to make a meal, so I've always used toaster ovens.

It would be nice if you posted pics and tell us what brand, is it the Ronco one? That one looks nice. Or is it the $69 one?

I am skeptical because in the end, these are 110v, 12A, and that's only 1500 watts. Hard to believe 1500 watts is getting shit done, I use my oven as a broiler and searing device sometimes, crank that shit up past 500 and I get fantastic homemade pizzas out of it. I can't believe that a countertop-plug in device has the power to scorch my crusts and get that carmelization I like on a Detroit style pizza (the only pizza worth eating btw).

I haven't mastered ours yet or got that crazy with trying much in it. I LOVE it for reheating foods - we had leftover egg rolls the other evening and I threw them in there for a couple minutes and they came out perfect.

The fuck you blabbering about? Your link don't even work. :shaking:

it's a secret conspiracy that the hyperlink you posted actually went to a page where the viewer could look at the information you were referring to

everboob was just saying that you shouldn't refer to that page for people to view the information. he thinks you should just jack up the link so no one knows what the fuck

The fuck you blabbering about? Your link don't even work. :shaking:

it's a secret conspiracy that the hyperlink you posted actually went to a page where the viewer could look at the information you were referring to

everboob was just saying that you shouldn't refer to that page for people to view the information. he thinks you should just jack up the link so no one knows what the fuck

wtf are you all talking about my link works fine!

You guys can go on providing free information to giant corporations, I am against doing work in general, and definitely doing work for free.

This is the one I want

https://www.amazon.com/COSORI-Convec...dp/B07W67NQMN/

$199 though I'd have to have a stellar review. My oven is broke so I need it. Rotisserie chicken is so damned good in the Ronco Showtime.

Say it does 13" pizzas. I bet I could do bread in there too. Pork roast.

\n\n\n\n\n\nwtf are you all talking about my link works fine!\n\nYou guys can go on providing free information to giant corporations, I am against doing work in general, and definitely doing work for free.\n\nThis is the one I want\n\nhttps://www.amazon.com/COSORI-Convec...dp/B07W67NQMN/\n\n\n\n$199 though I\'d have to have a stellar review. My oven is broke so I need it. Rotisserie chicken is so damned good in the Ronco Showtime.\n\nSay it does 13\" pizzas. I bet I could do bread in there too. Pork roast.
\n\nhttps://www.amazon.com/1550-Watt-Pro...dp/B07FDJMC9Q/?tag=91812054244-20

It is just a convection oven, but with 20 times the fan. I'm amazed it works so well. Most of our best pork chops have come out of there, as well as the obvious stuff--tater tots, corn on the cob, sweet potato fries, etc. Oh, and we did some fried chicken drums in there that were very solid. Steaks are surprisingly good, too. It's useful enough to us that we have one jammed into our RV cabinet. When you have power, it allows you to cook even more food outside. We've even run the generator once so we'd be able to make tater tots. Way better than cooking in the tiny RV oven, even though that can be done without power. The food is far more consistent, and can get a nice brown crust on it. I just wish these things weren't so f'ing huge. They take up a ton of room.

Has anyone used the Instant Pot air fryer lid? I already have the Instant Pot and love the thing.

We've had a George Foreman grill for over years now. Never used it. :laughing: The wife fired it up the other day and grilled some hamburgers. This f*cking thing is awesome. Just reheated up some Tacos Way better than the microwave. :smokin: .....Not a fryer but just as cool. :flipoff2:

We've had a George Foreman grill for over years now. Never used it. :laughing: The wife fired it up the other day and grilled some hamburgers. This f*cking thing is awesome. Just reheated up some Tacos Way better than the microwave. :smokin: .....Not a fryer but just as cool. :flipoff2:

Try a grilled ham and cheese. It'll blow your mind.

Nephew left one, cooks good but mom doesn't like cleaning up after it

We use our air fryer a lot. I’d say 90% of our meals are made with either the air fryer, instant pot, or blackstone griddle.

Pork chops in the air fryer come out perfect. It makes nice crispy hash browns also.

I got a Butterball brand Air Fryer when Tractor Supply marked them down half price after Thanksgiving a couple years ago. First and only time we've used it was for a Turkey last Thanksgiving. I covered the turkey with bacon strips too. It came out pretty damn good.

One of the best and most used tools in your kitchen. Frozen french fries are great in it. Pork chops, steak, hamburgers chicken wings or breasts, hot dogs, kielbasa all get cooked in it.

Top Back Refresh