What's new

Wide wheels

ANGELO

Red Numb Skull
Member Number
Loc
BRADENTON FL
Right now I have 15x15 Bart's. But that's not going to work with the super duty axles.
Is there any company that makes a fairly cheap 17" 8x170 steel wheel that's wider then the standard 9", or a 9" that has quite a bit of offset?
I really like how these wheels look, I have to use a 12" extension to get to the lug nuts. but I'm not finding anything for the superduty wheels.
Bead locks would be a plus but not needed. I saw the trail worthy ones, but after tires that more then I want to spend.

I spent quite a bit of time searching recently, I like the wide wheels too but hate the big :mr-t: wheels

US wheel makes a wide-ish wheel

Sells those wheels to a saltwater Mexican and get normal sized wheels like everyone else.

You can't say this would look better without 15x15s
Screenshot_20240218-202353.png

I spent quite a bit of time searching recently, I like the wide wheels too but hate the big :mr-t: wheels

US wheel makes a wide-ish wheel

Looks like they don't have 8x170mm.
I'd be fine with a normal width wheel, as long as it had more offset, I like the look and I don't want spacers for clearance.
Nothing fancy. Plain steel wheel

I spent 15 years looking at dickheads with stretched tires on wide wheels like that. I think it looks like shit personally. If you like the look go for it. America is all about choices.

Last edited:
Stazworks has 17x18s if that's your thing...but if you didn't like the Trail Worthy price, you probably won't like this one either. $610 a piece.

Screenshot_20240218-202353.png
It would look far better on wider tons, normal width wheels, bigger tires and a helluva lot less lift/cut to fit and a sensible drag link angle. But as Aisin said; your vehicle, your choice.

Stazworks has 17x18s if that's your thing...but if you didn't like the Trail Worthy price, you probably won't like this one either. $610 a piece.

It would look far better on wider tons, normal width wheels, bigger tires and a helluva lot less lift/cut to fit and a sensible drag link angle. But as Aisin said; your vehicle, your choice.

Why do you think I'm looking for super duty wheels?:flipoff2:
There's no wheeling within like 15 hours one way that needs wheels that expensive, or even cheap beadlocks. 18" is a bit to much lol. I was thinking more like 12"
Our lifted limo was able to do the trails in Ocala no problem.. all you need in FL is height for the water
Stick with wide tires skip the wide rims, my 2 cents. Basic 17x10 steel wheel. sd swap f150 I did for a friend

f150 after.jpg

f150 after 2.jpg
What brand? I wasn't seeing any 17x10 either unless they were the brodozer style.
What size tires?

What brand? I wasn't seeing any 17x10 either unless they were the brodozer style.
What size tires?

My bad they are 17x9 I told him to get 17x10 this is what they had in stock, just a basic steel wheel. Tires in the picture are 39.5 x 13.5" iroks. This wasn't a hardcore mud rig or obviously any type of rock crawler. Back road cruiser maybe a muddy path or field.

Why do you think I'm looking for super duty wheels?:flipoff2:
There's no wheeling within like 15 hours one way that needs wheels that expensive, or even cheap beadlocks. 18" is a bit to much lol. I was thinking more like 12"
Our lifted limo was able to do the trails in Ocala no problem.. all you need in FL is height for the water

B/c the half ton shit you've been running is :rainbow:?

Might wanna check the link....they have 17s starting at 9" wide and go up from there. But I get it....you didn't want to spend much money on wheels. Unfortunately, nothing's cheap anymore (not even steel wheels)....thanks to rampant inflation caused by government spending.

17" Rims
- 17x9 385$ ea.
  • 17x10 445$ ea.
  • 17x12 465$ ea.
  • 17x14 570$ ea. **
  • 17x16 590$ ea. **
  • 17x18 610$ ea. **

Vision does a 17x9.5 with 3.5” back space. With full widths that’s going to put you way wider than you are now with the ballon knots

Since this is a full size truck how much wider are superdutys actually? The one ton dent sides used the same cab as the 1/2 tons. Or is it the super duty's are wider then the older stuff.
B/c the half ton shit you've been running is :rainbow:?

Might wanna check the link....they have 17s starting at 9" wide and go up from there. But I get it....you didn't want to spend much money on wheels. Unfortunately, nothing's cheap anymore (not even steel wheels)....thanks to rampant inflation caused by government spending.

I definitely was looking at the set of 4 steel wheels on eBay for 372$:homer:

Since this is a full size truck how much wider are superdutys actually? The one ton dent sides used the same cab as the 1/2 tons. Or is it the super duty's are wider then the older stuff.

I definitely was looking at the set of 4 steel wheels on eBay for 372$:homer:
SD60s are 72" wide WMF to WMF. Late 70's-80's 1/2T stuff is 65-67" wide typically.

I hear you on prices. I'm a fan of cheap steel wheels but I also need beadlocks, so I end up spending as much money and a helluva lot more time making a proper set with an actual shelf for the bead to sit on than I would just buying the off the shelf aluminum beadlocks out there.

It is what it is....buy once, cry once applies.

Does converting to 8x6.5 open up any of the wheel options? Re-drilling SD unit bearings is easy.

Does converting to 8x6.5 open up any of the wheel options? Re-drilling SD unit bearings is easy.
Agreed. This is the route I'd take unless I was using a Sterling 10.25/10.5" rear.

Last edited:
Agreed. This is the route I'd take unless I was using a Sterling 10.25/10.5" rear.
Your first edit was right. 10.25 is already 8x6.5

Its getting the full superdutys set. I don't really want to get stuff redrilled. Probably would have better options.

Ended up going for battle born gate keepers. 15% off since they are backordered. 3.5" backspacing

Your first edit was right. 10.25 is already 8x6.5

Its getting the full superdutys set. I don't really want to get stuff redrilled. Probably would have better options.

Ended up going for battle born gate keepers. 15% off since they are backordered. 3.5" backspacing
Didn't know the breakdown years for the 10.25 being 8x6.5. I thought all the '99+ SDs used the 170mm pattern?

It's not clear to me which if any vans got the 10.25 and which if any vans got the 10.5. Pretty much every parts book ever lists it as an option but I've never seen one or seen one in pictures it wouldn't surprise me if it was an ambulance package thing). Those would all be 8x6.5 (with the possible exception of the E450/550 which may use the SD bolt pattern, I don't know enough about those) and a couple inches wider than truck stuff.

edit: oops, reposted a bunch of shit already posted previously

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh