What's new

Why is the general population so stupid and violent.

Figure out a way to test them as part of the interviews

My nephew applied for a hvac service tech job and the interview consisted of walking into their warehouse to their test stand heat pump and :
“ here’s the tools , here’s the unit , figure out the problem in less than thirty minutes and you’re hired “

He got the job and the two previous applicants that had just graduated from a two year hvac school couldn’t .
More places should be doing this. I interviewed at a place that maintains/repairs utility bucket trucks a couple years ago and the guy threw a bunch of wires/relays/switches down on the table and had me build a circuit like you'd find in a lift before we really discussed anything. He said some guys have just got up and left after he walked away because of it.

Oh, and all you deniers post up your crackpot analysis, why is the general population so violent?

Mark 7,21-23

"21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

There is more to it, maybe MChat will chime in. We are inherently evil and have to work at it to be decent humans.

I was born in the early 60's, don't have any abnormal violent tendencies.

Edit: I don't think I do anyways. I don't know, fuck off. 🖕

I think the upswing in violence is mostly bad parenting. Generations who were never tought to control their emotions.
67 here. I think the "violence" is from having to bottle up our frustrations with idiots to the point that when one loses it, all their frustrations are taking out at one time.

Personally I think the internet and social media like FB have giving idiots way too big a platform for them to gather and spew their idiocy. And if you point it out, you get suspended for hate speech.

I'm on a 30 day now for simply stating that we as a society need to stop giving into the delusions of the mentally ill and yes, a trans person is mentally ill. That was considered hate speech.

I am dumber than a box of rocks, and the video pissed me off for pointing that out. So I violently threw a brick through my screen.

Dammit!! :flipoff2:

Mark 7,21-23

"21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

There is more to it, maybe MChat will chime in. We are inherently evil and have to work at it to be decent humans.
He's still working on getting Bill Gates a new Grandpa. :flipoff2:

I know people have been violent their whole history even before Jesus just cut lawns, and the Vlad the Impaler types are not so common anymore, but street violence is particularly bad in overcrowded cities. Combo of bad schools, bad parents, daddys in jail, drugs, bad food and income gap all contribute.

Mark 7,21-23

No doubt man is inherently "wicked", and I could probably find a hundred more verses that would back that up. However, I think the question being asked here, is why are people getting dumber and more violent than they have been in the past? In which case I think James 4:1-2 gives us an answer:

"From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not."

Like the video talked about, we're constantly wanting more, cheaper and quicker and the cheaper quicker solution is often one that will bite us in the long run down the road. But, again, that's only part of the story we also have this to contend with:

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Never has this been more clear, and therefore never has it, perhaps, been more infuriating. Even people who do not believe the Bible can see the truth of this Ephesians 6:12

67 here. I think the "violence" is from having to bottle up our frustrations with idiots to the point that when one loses it, all their frustrations are taking out at one time.

Personally I think the internet and social media like FB have giving idiots way too big a platform for them to gather and spew their idiocy. And if you point it out, you get suspended for hate speech.

I'm on a 30 day now for simply stating that we as a society need to stop giving into the delusions of the mentally ill and yes, a trans person is mentally ill. That was considered hate speech.
It's not "hate speech", it's "speech they hate"; either way a bannable offense on FB, Twitter, etc.

Nintendo
PlayStation
Hollywood
Absence of parenting
Degradation of society is the new plague...

Or Pansie'ness???

In John B. Calhoun’s early crowding experiments, rats were
supplied with everything they needed – except space.
In this paper, we look at how the cultural impact of Calhoun’s experiments resulted in a simplified, popular version of his work coming to overshadow the more nuanced and positive message he wanted to spread, and how his professional reputation was affected by this popular “success.”

As the pens heaved with animals, one of his assistants described rodent “utopia” as having become “hell” (Marsden 1972).

Dominant males became aggressive, some moving in groups, attacking females and the young. Mating behaviors were disrupted. Some became exclusively homosexual. Others became pansexual and hypersexual, attempting to mount any rat they encountered.

Mothers neglected their infants, first failing to construct proper nests, and then carelessly abandoning and even attacking their pups. In certain sections of the pens, infant mortality rose as high as 96%, the dead cannibalized by adults.

Subordinate animals withdrew psychologically, surviving in a physical sense but at an immense psychological cost. They were the majority in the late phases of growth, existing as a vacant, huddled mass in the centre of the pens.

Unable to breed, the population plummeted and did not recover. The crowded rodents had lost the ability to co-exist harmoniously, even after the population numbers once again fell to low levels. At a certain density, they had ceased to act like rats and mice, and the change was permanent.

OTE5NDUwMC5qcGc.jpg

I thought everyone was violent? Nowadays everybody knows due to social media & everyone gets involved... :shaking:

Miss the days when those fought & buried the hatchet with a little or lotsa cheap liquid Neosporin- :beer:
People have been violent throughout history. Saying it's something "new" ignores easily known history.

Reactions: DMG

We have so much mental illness (that turns into drugs, suicide, etc) that it is actively shortening the expected lifespan in the USA. Let that sink in.

But not all of the mentally ill kill themselves or OD. The rest respond in other ways, violence being common, lack of attempts to succeed.

Why is mental illness that high - I can't say for certain. But I would take a huge look at lots of processed foods and a terrible elementary education system

People have been violent throughout history. Saying it's something "new" ignores easily known history.
Good point. Most metrics show we're at the least-violent point in all of human history, and it's trending downward still.

That's the whole point of the book:
51RMB62o8UL._SY346_.jpg

His theory is that the State has taken over the role of revenge/justice, so feuds and personal violence aren't as common.

I disagree. it's way more than half. WE have been trying to hire Manufacturing Maintenance Technicians for 8 months. NONE have the basic skills and abilities they put on their resumes. Hire them, work them two weeks, fire them.
You do realize that average, is the mathematical middle.
But I agree with trying to hire people.

Mark 7,21-23

This is the definition of religion, I was expecting something a little more profound

You do realize that average, is the mathematical middle.
Another mathematically illiterate moron weighs in. Read my lips: AVERAGE IS NOT THE MATHEMATICAL MIDDLE.

Median is the mathematical middle. Average is only the middle when the sample follows a normal distribution (i.e. the average and median are the same). Normal distributions are an idealization which sometimes, but not always, reflect the real world.

Last edited:
watched the first 15 seconds or so, only took me that long to realize it was gonna be a bunch of fluff about zomg lead

This is it imo. We don’t have fist fights anymore. When you do you can go to jail over it nowadays. Everyone has stupid women fights over the internet which only makes the problem worse.

I know for a fact my mental wellness improves dramatically after a full contact sparring session. I have no idea what it is but it’s crazy how much it helps me.
people are just wired that way
you get along much more naturally with other dudes you've had a good punch-up with

Sum(All Persons' IQs) / Number of Persons, right? It's been awhile since third grade math class.
Which DOES NOT, in general, mean that half are above average and half are below average. . .

EDIT: Here is a simple example. Lets assume a sample of 6 people have the following IQ's (10, 12, 89, 92, 95, 110). The average is 68 with 4/6 being above average and 2/6 being below average. Next question.

Last edited:
Which DOES NOT, in general, mean that half are above average and half are below average. . .

EDIT: Here is a simple example. Lets assume a sample of 6 people have the following IQ's (10, 12, 89, 92, 95, 110). The average is 68 with 4/6 being above average and 2/6 being below average. Next question.
I am not a statistician, so this is a legitimate question:

When you're dealing with such a large quantity (8 billion people), doesn't the "law of large numbers" (or something) come into play which basically says about half will be above average and about half will be below average?

E.g. given rolling a 6 sided dice 100 times you may see one number appear more than 1/6 of the time, but if you roll the dice a billion times, each number shows up almost exactly 1/6th of the time. And the more you roll it, the closer to exactly 1/6 it gets.

The rat experiment posted above is winning this thread

To many people with no where to go and nothing to do. Congestion raises stress in many ways.

When you're dealing with such a large quantity (8 billion people), doesn't the "law of large numbers" (or something) come into play which basically says about half will be above average and about half will be below average?
It can. That's why its called a normal distribution. There are many physical variables that are reasonably well represented by normal distribution. For example height and weight. There are many others that do not follow a normal distribution. For example, the subject of this thread is stupidity which definitely does not follow a normal distribution. :smokin:

It can. That's why its called a normal distribution. There are many physical variables that are reasonably well represented by normal distribution. For example height and weight. There are many others that do not follow a normal distribution. For example, the subject of this thread is stupidity which definitely does not follow a normal distribution. :smokin:
Except the Florida vortex of stupidity. Shit, even Mississippi goofs on Florida.

Top Back Refresh