What's new

Who's the jerk in this situation?

After reading what you said, you're fine. Neighbor isn't in wrong just expressing his opinion, just let it fall on deaf ear.

Last edited:
Eighbor can suck it. I’m kind of that guy on my street too. RV parked in one half of my driveway, wife’s Geand Cherokee and my DD Ram 1500 on the other half. Jeep is currently in the garage. My 71 Charger is parked on my front lawn behind the hedges and mostly out of view from the street. My 18’ Aluminum trailer is on the street directly in front of my property as frankly, I couldn’t get it into my steep as driveway if I wanted to.

house across the street recently sold and the new neighbors were cool for a while. Their parents came to visit one day and when they were backing out of the driveway they clipped the trailer. Few days lady new neighbor lady came over and asked me to move it. I explained there really wasn’t anywhere else I could put it but in a compromise to shit her ass up about it I agreed to mount an old busted LED buggy whip to it to make it easier for them to see when they back out. Should be a non issue when the Jeep is done and I go back to parking it on the trailer.

Sounds like it's personal to him, not much more.

Depersonalization is key. No hard stares, no glancing looks, no confrontation, no words etc. He's not the curb police and when he gets zero feedback, he'll eventually stfu about it. Picture him grumbling inside his house like a housewife standing at the sink looking out the kitchen window, appalled at the dead grass of her neighbors lawn, that's him. Pacing around wishing he could tattle to the popo while eating a McFish and McFries watching CNN.

Eighbor can suck it. I’m kind of that guy on my street too. RV parked in one half of my driveway, wife’s Geand Cherokee and my DD Ram 1500 on the other half. Jeep is currently in the garage. My 71 Charger is parked on my front lawn behind the hedges and mostly out of view from the street. My 18’ Aluminum trailer is on the street directly in front of my property as frankly, I couldn’t get it into my steep as driveway if I wanted to.

house across the street recently sold and the new neighbors were cool for a while. Their parents came to visit one day and when they were backing out of the driveway they clipped the trailer. Few days lady new neighbor lady came over and asked me to move it. I explained there really wasn’t anywhere else I could put it but in a compromise to shit her ass up about it I agreed to mount an old busted LED buggy whip to it to make it easier for them to see when they back out. Should be a non issue when the Jeep is done and I go back to parking it on the trailer.
Ohh I forgot about said neighbor backing his boat into the roommates trucks and never making it right.
Sounds like it's personal to him, not much more.

Depersonalization is key. No hard stares, no glancing looks, no confrontation, no words etc. He's not the curb police and when he gets zero feedback, he'll eventually stfu about it. Picture him grumbling inside his house like a housewife standing at the sink looking out the kitchen window, appalled at the dead grass of her neighbors lawn, that's him. Pacing around wishing he could tattle to the popo while eating a McFish and McFries watching CNN.
This is is the guy that when he sees us in the grocery store. He’ll grab his wife and go the opposite direction. It’s happened before. :rolleyes:
i don’t know if ignoring him is gunna do the trick. Maybe have an irate bbq and have everyone show up in their shitboxes. :laughing: or be extra nice to him. That might make him lose it

I wouldn't even start a discussion.
I'd be parking my biggest pile in front of his fucking house.

Why is it the kids have to play in the street? Does neighbor have a lawn/yard for kids to play in? I would set neighbor straight sooner than later. Live and let live.

Does the neighbor have a hot wife? Well, either way, fuck her to show dominance. Pics are required:laughing:
Neighbor is wrong. He had no business telling your friend what to do with his belongings. Neighbor sounds like a nazi sympathizer to me. Probably calls the cops constantly about it. Probably goes to town hall meetings and tries to get them to change the law so the cops will do something. Honestly sounds like something eviltwtit would do:rolleyes:

After reading what you said, you're fine. Neighbor isn't in wrong just expressing his opinion, just let it fall on deaf ear.

This exactly! He is allowed to have his opinion, and your buddy is allowed to ignore him.

My first opinion is neighbor should mind his business.

My personal opinion is I won't own a vehicle that I can't park on my own property on the driveway. I chose to live in a nice neighborhood with expensive houses, big yards and long driveways. We have no HOA and city ordinances don't apply to our private neighborhood drive. I owned a great running '90 Ford truck when I moved in and sold it because there was nowhere to park on my property on a paved surface. I'm on 2 acres but have a rental lot for my boat because I don't want it sitting in the yard shitting up the aesthetics of the hood.

When I got my driveway paved, I spoke to all the neighbors and apologized in advance for my truck needing to be on the street for a few weeks. It's just the white thing to do. :flipoff2:

Tell him he needs to get rid of one of his kids. They are bad for the environment and the sound of children playing is ruining your quiet street.

If there’s no covenants controlling the amount a vehicles the household can have, the neighbor is a jealous asshole

My first opinion is neighbor should mind his business.

My personal opinion is I won't own a vehicle that I can't park on my own property on the driveway. I chose to live in a nice neighborhood with expensive houses, big yards and long driveways. We have no HOA and city ordinances don't apply to our private neighborhood drive. I owned a great running '90 Ford truck when I moved in and sold it because there was nowhere to park on my property on a paved surface. I'm on 2 acres but have a rental lot for my boat because I don't want it sitting in the yard shitting up the aesthetics of the hood.

When I got my driveway paved, I spoke to all the neighbors and apologized in advance for my truck needing to be on the street for a few weeks. It's just the white thing to do. :flipoff2:

You sound like a real joy to be around :rolleyes: :laughing:

OP - have your buddy talk to the neighbor and lay it out.

After that, record every interaction with them.

I like how every one of these threads that are about an ongoing neighbor beef, everyone's response is "you know, screw that guy. He could've acted like a man and come and told you he has a problem." In this case, that's exactly what happened. So, half the responses are "screw that guy, you need to escalate!"

I would listen to him complain, then decide whether to do anything about it. If I felt I was in the right, I'd just leave the thing alone, and not worry about the fact that he didn't like me. If I thought it would help, I would make some small gesture towards fixing the problem. I currently have good relationships with 2 neighbors, a never-acknowledged frosty relationship with one, and don't know the others, but wave. That works fine for me. My yard is mowed, but my flowerbed looks like absolute death. And I'm the only one that doesn't decorate for holidays, landscape, all that. Focus on relationships of substance, screw everyone else. But there's no reason to tell them that's what you think.

Just a windbag full of hot air... Let neighbor speak & give this :flipoff2: in return politely.

Don't let it bother you, too bad buddy has a "Kyle" in neighborhood (so, what is new)-

​​​​​​

Kids shouldn't play in the street. That is dangerous. The street is for cars...

Glad I have 3 acres! I do need to get rid of some stalled projects but not going to let a neighbor tell me where to put them.

If there is no HOA, and the yard isn't unsightly, I would ignore the guy. Just make sure there's no bullshit bylaw about more vehicles than occupants, no RVs, no vehicles more than 10 years old, etc. And definitely make sure anything parked on the street doesn't leak any fluids!

cliff notes check all local laws to see if there is a small one that helps you.

No HOA means you just need to be in compliance with city/local codes. There are some hidden ones sometimes. Had a buddy whos dad had a neighbor that would try and pick fights. Buddies dad was a lawyer and choose the higher road. City and state ordnance were fine with car parking X amount of days and they matched. But county was different I think like 2 days shorter. Neighbor went ape shit and seriously parked like 10 cars to the point where one got towed because it Impacted safe access to and from the driveway And neighbor laughed about it with a Fuck off attitude. Well that was the last straw. He waited till it was perfect and neighbor was out of town for a few days. Buddies dad Had it setup where 7 of his cars were legally towed before he was back from vacation. Neighbor ended up selling his house and moving a few months later.

cliff notes check all local laws to see if there is a small one that helps you.

No HOA means you just need to be in compliance with city/local codes. There are some hidden ones sometimes. Had a buddy whos dad had a neighbor that would try and pick fights. Buddies dad was a lawyer and choose the higher road. City and state ordnance were fine with car parking X amount of days and they matched. But county was different I think like 2 days shorter. Neighbor went ape shit and seriously parked like 10 cars to the point where one got towed because it Impacted safe access to and from the driveway And neighbor laughed about it with a Fuck off attitude. Well that was the last straw. He waited till it was perfect and neighbor was out of town for a few days. Buddies dad Had it setup where 7 of his cars were legally towed before he was back from vacation. Neighbor ended up selling his house and moving a few months later.

That is funny shit!

"The decision affects the 6th Circuit, which includes Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee."

Sorry Washington and California. This does not apply to you?

Nope. San Diego still chalks tires. I’ve walked behind them wiping it off.

Neighbor is an asshole for sure.

The azzhats in sac do not care what the taxpayers want!
Try to get along, life's short but ...

Does the neighbor have a hot wife? Well, either way, fuck her to show dominance. Pics are required:laughing:
Neighbor is wrong. He had no business telling your friend what to do with his belongings. Neighbor sounds like a nazi sympathizer to me. Probably calls the cops constantly about it. Probably goes to town hall meetings and tries to get them to change the law so the cops will do something. Honestly sounds like something eviltwtit would do:rolleyes:

Just pee on his leg next time he comes over in your buddies yard ..tell him youre marking your territory, and he just got in the way.

For some reason people think they own the street in front of their house, and thus it is now rude for you to park a car on the street in front of someone's house.

BUT I will say it sounds like the friend needs to find a new place, I love parking everything I own in the driveway/sideyard/backyard and nothing on the street.

Sadly, the best thing to probably do (and most boring) is remain cordial but politely decline any of his requests.

We follow rules/laws set up by our town/city/state, not recommendations made by an angry neighbor.

I am very thankful to live where I live, my neighbors are cool as hell and could seemingly care less what I've got on my property. I help them out with their mechanical needs and they are always willing to lend whatever they have in return.

Top Back Refresh