What's new

Who/What Caused Society To Go The Way It’s Going?

men are just as attached to emotion. People are stupid plan and simple, gender has nothing to do with it. Men exhibit very little "logic" and "reason" all of the time. It's jut on your side of the view so you think it's right.
There are plenty of men who make stupid emotion driven decisions but the stereotype doesn't exist because both genders have an equal share of it.

Haven't read the thread...

Lots of subversion from within combined with social engineering.

I propose to add cell phones, email and txtng to that list.

Back when communication was less available, it "cost" more and people put more thought and effort into it. When writing letters was the primary form of long-distance communication, folks stopped and put a decent amount of thought into what they were writing. Compare that to the average tweet on Twatter.

As a parallel, when photos were taken on a roll of film, photographers tried to optimize each shot due to limited amounts of film and the cost and time needed to develop a print. Now, you can shoot 1000 photos (of your appetizer platter at Applebee's:homer:) at near-zero cost. Similarly, film cameras vs. video - quantity has replaced quality on average.

Hell, maybe even answering machines should be on the list. Before them, if you missed someone, you called back. Once answering machines came on the scene, you had an expectation of being called back, so patience was less necessary. Now, with cell phones & texting, some people come unglued if they don't get an answer within hours or even minutes.

Quantity of communication has largely replaced quality of communication. Words used to be more important because people felt obligated to put more thought into what they wrote. Even typewriters were a responsibility because copy/paste wasn't a thing. You couldn't CC (carbon copy) more than a few people. Now, you can "reply all" with "OMG WTF LOL #BLM" and broadcast your "thoughts" to 100s instantly.

Consumer products have become value-engineered (cheapened), disposable plastic crap destined for a landfill within 10 years. A few years back, one neighbor was replacing a 7 year old fridge (with a TV in the door . . . because refrigerator:confused:) while another still had a 1950s GE fridge humming away in his garage. Progress? Maybe not.

Our products (tangible products and composed communication) used to cost us more (time and money) so the producers generally had to make them to last. Now, the trend is toward disposable crap - appliances that last through the (1-7) year warranty only, and shittweets or shitposts that need only last long enough to be read.

Patience and stoicism were / are admirable traits.
I'll take them over "me now" and #metoo any day.
Exactly what i was trying to say, said better.
I live in the construction world and say it all the time. Before the constant diahrea flow of "communication" shit used to actually get done faster, and better. Now as a construction manager you can hardly even focus on managing the job as your being hit non-stop with bullshit communication that your mostly required to deal with that adds no value. stupid questions being asked rather than take the time to think it thru and find the answer, everyone wanting "updates" etc. This applies to the world

Exactly what i was trying to say, said better.
I live in the construction world and say it all the time. Before the constant diahrea flow of "communication" shit used to actually get done faster, and better. Now as a construction manager you can hardly even focus on managing the job as your being hit non-stop with bullshit communication that your mostly required to deal with that adds no value. stupid questions being asked rather than take the time to think it thru and find the answer, everyone wanting "updates" etc. This applies to the world
I always tell my guys to provide a solution when they bring a problem to the GC, problem is we have an easy to manage finish scope so they always stick us with the greenest construction management intern for a project engineer. My typical duration on site is one day and this shitbird want's to draft an RFI and put it in Procore for the Architect to look at. Shitty thing is that if they just make the call like a competent human being someone is going to have a problem, go looking for a paper trail, and then throw them under the bus.

Best bet is to try and find a crusty old super who's PM is afraid of him and have them make the call. :lmao:

I have been on some projects that it seems like the paperwork was more strenuous than the actual work.

My problem with people who stay home (male or female) is that there’s no real, full time housework and such to do anymore. As one user pointed out it’s a part time job at best. Used to women had to cook (from scratch), clean, sew clothes, keep the fire going, can food, etc etc. but how many still work like that? Be hard pressed to find many.

Popping a DVD in the player while you feed your kids frozen chicken nuggets and surf Facebook on your phone isn’t a “real job” nor is it being a mother/father. And these fucks wanna whine that their job is “sooo difficult”. Ya I bet it’s really hard to be wrapped up in FB drama and dumb shit all day while you distract your kids to make them leave you alone. Get fucking real.

I’d say it’s more of a low class thing than women vs men. And you fuckers can’t deny that they’re are some low class parents out there. Just watch Maury or Jerry Springer and you’ll see the type I’m talking about.

That’s why I’m also in favor of forcing any woman or man who wants govt assistance to get their tubes tied/nuts chopped. If you can’t handle the responsibilities you have now you have no business to keep reproducing and you’ve forfeited that right by asking the tax payer to food the bill for your crotch goblins.
There's no full time housework to do anymore?? How old are you and do you have kids?

My wife sure does find a lot of "housework" that apparently isn't there anymore, and no she's not a stay at home mom and our kids are grown adults now.

How do you feel about forced vaccinations?? I mean since you want to force people to have them be sterilized.......forcing a drug test on them is one thing but forced sterilization, a bit hard core to the Nazi side of government overreach but ok. Should you ever fuck up and give the government that type of power.....................it won't be good later down the road because you won't get that back.

Yes there are shitty parents out there, there's shitty people out there but I have seen some outstanding kids come from shitty parents / homes to be Dr.'s, Lawyers or just good all around contributors to society.........not all of them continue the pattern.

All you stupid old morons in this thread with neat-freak workaholic stay at home wives need a reality check. The average stay at home wife does not put in NEARLY that level of effort.

All you stupid old morons in this thread with neat-freak workaholic stay at home wives need a reality check. The average stay at home wife does not put in NEARLY that level of effort.

Been what I’ve seen as well… younger women want all the “fun” of staying at home without the “work”. Can think of a couple men I’ve worked with that their wives didn’t work and the inside of their house was a disaster. Like wtf are you doing all fucking day???

Society started to go to shit by the Beatniks, Hippies, now, the immoral Liberals/Dems and many Republicans.

At the end of the day, it is technology that has caused it, but I don't know if blame is the right word. I just see it as part of the continuing evolution of our species. Tech has made our lives so much easier, safer, longer that we no longer spend our time struggling to survive and reproduce and are not emotionally equipped to handle that. Essentially our minds are bored and so we fabricate drama to stimulate it.

Something that has really stuck out lately is all the drama that is created over the events that might happen, or could happen. China might attack Taiwan, Evergrande might default, inflation could rise, markets could collapse, the X1 class solar flare could disrupt communications on earth, Covid might kill you, the vac might make you sterile. People hear these 'might' stories and just run with them, freaking out, and 90% of them never even come true. The .gov should be handing out gummies instead of vax

Top Back Refresh