What's new

Who/What Caused Society To Go The Way It’s Going?

I would say either boredom, or ease of life. And maybe it’s the same thing.

If people had to grow their own food or work to eat, if you had to heat your own house, fix your own car…

Wouldn’t have time for the bullshit, or the faux outrage over inconsequential items. Wouldn’t have time to dream up nonsensical genders. Life is so easy for some people they have to come up with some excuse for their existence and create drama.
This, and the constant diarrhea of instant communication/social media/news

Didn't read the thread but going by the OP question.

24 HOUR NEWS

Let’s keep it simple.

I don’t agree.

Humans beings had very difficult lives for thousands and thousands of years. Only in the last 100 years or so has life become easy. Our brains can’t handle the simplicity of life and becomes destructive. If we don’t fear starving or being eaten by a lion or killed by other tribes of brains fill that void with government induced fear or creating chaos in our own or others lives.

I’m only wrong 98 percent of the time, so your saying there’s a chance..

A polite segment of society getting ass raped by another segment of society. The polite side needed to bitch slap the other side 20 years ago. Trump was perfect but too many of the polite side still don't get just how evil the other side is.

My mom made an interesting point the other day. In dealing with the hyperinflation of the 70s, the large step up in prices pushed a whole bunch of women into the workplace, the 80s and 90s were the dual income household period to compensate. Now we have a long slow inflation heave, but do we have the same "reserve capacity" in the workforce to adjust for it? Well, maybe not. Certainly the mandates are self inflicted wound, those will need to go away to get back a significant portion of the free work force, but we are likely to see growth, or continued growth, of triple income. Mom, dad, adult children locing at home, all full time employees to make similar shortfall gains.

It's going to be rough.

I heard an interesting viewpoint. When stay at home mom was the standard family structure and the dual income/women in the workplace was just coming around, it was great at first because that's a lot of money for the household. But as more women went off to work, increasing the supply of workers, which decreases wages. So women went from wanting to work, to having to work, to support the household.

Of course women should be able to work, but what would wages be like if the stay at home mom was as commonplace as it was in the past.

This, and the constant diarrhea of instant communication/social media/news
not this

A polite segment of society getting ass raped by another segment of society. The polite side needed to bitch slap the other side 20 years ago. Trump was perfect but too many of the polite side still don't get just how evil the other side is.

yes this

Since the beginning of time people have created stupid stuff. It has always depended on if society was going to accept it or not.

Many have said that the down fall of Rome was because certain thing became acceptable in society.

Nazi came to power because it was allowed by society and the the greater world society said no

The British empire was ended when a small society in a new territory said no

I heard an interesting viewpoint. When stay at home mom was the standard family structure and the dual income/women in the workplace was just coming around, it was great at first because that's a lot of money for the household. But as more women went to work, you have an increase supply of workers, which decreases wages. So women went from wanting to work, to having to work, to support the household.

Of course women should be able to work, but what would wages be like if the stay at home mom was as commonplace as it was in the past.
Well, houses tripled in price at 15% interest, it was a tough few years to normalize that if you tried to do it without. Wages are slow to adjust, official inflation is like 5% now and I'm slated under a 3% raise for example, so it was a quick trip from middle class and getting by to lower class quick. It was also just past the early heyday of financing, so lots of people were recently accustomed to debt and it isn't like household reserve cash was worth keeping or existed in greater quantities today.

I hope single income becomes commonplace and people adjust their lifestyles to still be prosperous, but I highly doubt that will come to pass. People have been saying that for hundred of years and continuing to be wrong :laughing:

To answer OP, social media. Everyone trying to live up to these millionaire lifestyles while sitting around doing shit. Plus .gov entitlement crap.

Govt.

Since 1910-ish has been planning for this.

What a well written, fast reply to someone you view as “just a piss ant”
So, I write well and fast, you attribute that to your importance?
Mothfukle, you're way too impressed with yourself :homer:
If you do an excellent job, do you attribute that to your customer?
Hell, I wish I was half as important as you seem to think you are :shaking:

FYI, I get paid to think fast and communicate clearly.
I donated 2 minutes of my time to you.
Send me 4 dollars for it if you want us to be even.

Admit it, half you fuckers chub up at the mere thought of getting to “insult” know it all asshole Jimmy Numbers any chance you get.

:flipoff2:
Wow, you're delusional.
For your sake, I hope it's an act.
If not, get help dude.

But he is not wrong. In the 50’s-80’s the cogs in the wheel had no say to speak of. You would be hard pressed to argue we are better off morally today than back then.

However I dont think that and the situation we have before us are related to speak off. Sure you have employees that feel more empowered than they should in some cases. And honestly they are usually fired just like they were back then. You have more work place laws against harassment today then back then but also an increase of frivolous, IMO, workplace harassment lawsuits. Of the lazy just trying to get a quick buck.

Untimely I would blame the fact that our welfare systems have allowed themselves to become income systems to the point that if you know the system there is no reason to even get a job.
If it was better or not, it changes nothing. It’s how we got here.

Worker got fed up and are in revolt.

Remember when we had to stop the spread of communism? Well that shit ideology and mindset spread here.

They have been going down the checklist one by one and its been working beautifully.

Turns out when you pay people not to work…they dont work.

Exactly. A huge part of what we have now in regard to the lack of a family unit is feminism in regards to women are just as equal to men in thebwork force and therefore they should be in the workforce. Thus putting now 2 generations into after school and before school institutional care because private care is expensive as fuck. So the children are now away from the home on average of 10 hours a day and in the hands of the state. If the state has true and honest intentions then this would be fine. If the state has its own needs and wants at the forefront then that is bad. I will let everyone make their own decisions about the intentions of the state.

Know if we still had stay at home parents then the concept of homeschooling along with directly transfering their personal family values on to their children vs the state transferring their values on to your children.
This..... op had it right but yet he was so wrong, that problem is we don't have Mom's who stay at home and raise their kids anymore.

On top of that add 24/7 News, Reality TV that isn't reality, and social media........

This..... op had it right but yet he was so wrong, that problem is we don't have Mom's who stay at home and raise their kids anymore.

On top of that add 24/7 News, Reality TV that isn't reality, and social media........
I propose to add cell phones, email and txtng to that list.

Back when communication was less available, it "cost" more and people put more thought and effort into it. When writing letters was the primary form of long-distance communication, folks stopped and put a decent amount of thought into what they were writing. Compare that to the average tweet on Twatter.

As a parallel, when photos were taken on a roll of film, photographers tried to optimize each shot due to limited amounts of film and the cost and time needed to develop a print. Now, you can shoot 1000 photos (of your appetizer platter at Applebee's:homer:) at near-zero cost. Similarly, film cameras vs. video - quantity has replaced quality on average.

Hell, maybe even answering machines should be on the list. Before them, if you missed someone, you called back. Once answering machines came on the scene, you had an expectation of being called back, so patience was less necessary. Now, with cell phones & texting, some people come unglued if they don't get an answer within hours or even minutes.

Quantity of communication has largely replaced quality of communication. Words used to be more important because people felt obligated to put more thought into what they wrote. Even typewriters were a responsibility because copy/paste wasn't a thing. You couldn't CC (carbon copy) more than a few people. Now, you can "reply all" with "OMG WTF LOL #BLM" and broadcast your "thoughts" to 100s instantly.

Consumer products have become value-engineered (cheapened), disposable plastic crap destined for a landfill within 10 years. A few years back, one neighbor was replacing a 7 year old fridge (with a TV in the door . . . because refrigerator:confused:) while another still had a 1950s GE fridge humming away in his garage. Progress? Maybe not.

Our products (tangible products and composed communication) used to cost us more (time and money) so the producers generally had to make them to last. Now, the trend is toward disposable crap - appliances that last through the (1-7) year warranty only, and shittweets or shitposts that need only last long enough to be read.

Patience and stoicism were / are admirable traits.
I'll take them over "me now" and #metoo any day.

Last edited:
I think a huge problem is people who dont know shit thinking thier opinion matters and trying to force it down everyone elses throat... and it seems accepted that those that scream the loudest have the most power
<3
bring back that thing where only property owners get to vote

We should have never given women the right to vote. Most women really aren't capable of making proper decisions. My wife has her head screwed on tighter than 95% of women I know and she still lets her emotions dictate her decisions way more than she should... Also you should have to be a productive member of society (pay in taxes) before you can cast a vote. Allowing leaches to make decisions for the well being of the country is not working out well for us.

Remember when we had to stop the spread of communism? Well that shit ideology and mindset spread here.

They have been going down the checklist one by one and its been working beautifully.

Turns out when you pay people not to work…they dont work.
I'm thankful for having had a high school econ. teacher who actively taught anti-communism.
He did this via facts (no bullshit, demonstrable economic principles) and brief history lessons.

Now we have teachers teaching love for communism - not with facts and brief history lessons, but with feelers, guilt, and shame. That's truly shameful.

They don’t want to stoop that low like the other side does is what they say. They figure to play nice and give up things in concession.

I think some people run for office with good intentions to improve our society but end up owing organizations that helped them win.

I think people can’t be ever satisfied with living a good life, they create drama (it’s on this board too) for amusement and a lot of times it gets out of hand. I also think evil is on the rise, meaning people are doing evil things to their fellow citizens or other party members or followers. Like the Russia Russia Russia crap or this Jan 6 witch investigations. Things like that create a lot of tension and stress in our society and will force people to do crazy things they normally wouldn’t think of doing.

There is always the threat of war with other countries due to power, money and control. It’s the evil that never goes away.

Reminds me of a cartoon drawing I saw years ago. Background was a huge battlefield with everyone dead and total destruction as far as you could see except for one solider who said “I won”

The internet is making it too easy for weirdos to connect with each other. 30 years ago, if you wanted to significantly deviate from social norms, it took a lot of work to find like minded people to support and agree with you. Lots of these people would be forced to act normal if they wanted to interact with society.

All this transgender bullshit for example. I know exactly zero trannies in real life, they are a tiny demographic, but you'd think you couldn't throw a rock without hitting one in the head. It would be hard for them to find and support each other if they were working with land lines, letters, basic email, etc. But now you can get on reddit and instantly have 500,000 other fucking fruit loops to pat you on the back and tell you cutting your dick off is totally fine and normal.

Any sort of belief you have or want to explore you can get instant feedback and support for. Basically normalizing abnormal behavior, and it's leaking into the real world.

Last edited:

My problem with people who stay home (male or female) is that there’s no real, full time housework and such to do anymore. As one user pointed out it’s a part time job at best. Used to women had to cook (from scratch), clean, sew clothes, keep the fire going, can food, etc etc. but how many still work like that? Be hard pressed to find many.

Popping a DVD in the player while you feed your kids frozen chicken nuggets and surf Facebook on your phone isn’t a “real job” nor is it being a mother/father. And these fucks wanna whine that their job is “sooo difficult”. Ya I bet it’s really hard to be wrapped up in FB drama and dumb shit all day while you distract your kids to make them leave you alone. Get fucking real.

I’d say it’s more of a low class thing than women vs men. And you fuckers can’t deny that they’re are some low class parents out there. Just watch Maury or Jerry Springer and you’ll see the type I’m talking about.

That’s why I’m also in favor of forcing any woman or man who wants govt assistance to get their tubes tied/nuts chopped. If you can’t handle the responsibilities you have now you have no business to keep reproducing and you’ve forfeited that right by asking the tax payer to food the bill for your crotch goblins.

<3
bring back that thing where only property owners get to vote

We should have never given women the right to vote. Most women really aren't capable of making proper decisions. My wife has her head screwed on tighter than 95% of women I know and she still lets her emotions dictate her decisions way more than she should... Also you should have to be a productive member of society (pay in taxes) before you can cast a vote. Allowing leaches to make decisions for the well being of the country is not working out well for us.
bullshit. Voting wasn't invented in the US. The old times they did the same thing and didn't have any better results. The gender of a person or a person owning a widget has zero bearing if they can make meaningful decisions.

bullshit. Voting wasn't invented in the US. The old times they did the same thing and didn't have any better results. The gender of a person or a person owning a widget has zero bearing if they can make meaningful decisions.

He’s not wrong about women being slaves to their emotions and governing their lives based on feelings at that moment, logical or not. Emotions are almost always the polar opposite of reason and logic. Hence the “soccer mom” types who don’t want junior to feel bad when he loses little league so they don’t keep score and give everyone a trophy because “everyone’s a winner”. Except that’s not life.

He’s not wrong about women being slaves to their emotions and governing their lives based on feelings at that moment, logical or not. Emotions are almost always the polar opposite of reason and logic. Hence the “soccer mom” types who don’t want junior to feel bad when he loses little league so they don’t keep score and give everyone a trophy because “everyone’s a winner”. Except that’s not life.
men are just as attached to emotion. People are stupid plan and simple, gender has nothing to do with it. Men exhibit very little "logic" and "reason" all of the time. It's jut on your side of the view so you think it's right.

Top Back Refresh