Who knows rayco skidsteers?

2big bronco

Og irate
Member Number
Loc
Prunedale ca
Fb link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9421149776499/

After seeing this I am thinking about doubling my skidsteer budget. It seems like its priced at 1/2 what it should be. What am I missing? How would this not be the ultimate property owners machine?

Screenshot_20200710-084753_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200710-084735_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a good deal to me. I don't know anything about the brand though.

Sort of looks like an ASV, but not really at the same time.
Never heard of them, how is getting parts for it? That would be a deal killer for me no matter the price

Rayco is headquartered 20 minutes from me, I nearly took a job there.

all I got.
but probably better than trying to find parts for an overseas machine.

Rayco is an offshoot of Morbark. That skid loader should have a Yanmar engine in it, and is probably overbuilt like most of their other machines. IE: metal tracks instead of rubber. :smokin: Morbark is a big name in the forestry industry and parts for them are easy to get when needed.

2big bronco If your serious about buying that machine I would jump on it fast. I doubt its going to last at that price, unless its a total junk.

Sort of looks like an ASV, but not really at the same time.
Never heard of them, how is getting parts for it? That would be a deal killer for me no matter the price

From what I can tell they seem to be most commonly used with forestry mulcher heads. I'm wondering how many hours they last doing that task and if it may just be completely worse out. I do like the idea of steel tracks as they seem to last way longer. I'm not sure how low the hearing is but it seems like with a 6 way blade you could have a nice mini dozer as well

10yrs or 10k hours is usually trash it or total rebuild time for most construction equipment........ If maintained correctly.

That machine appears to be well maintained and in great shape. Id already be on my way there with a fist full of cash to buy it if I were in the market.. :smokin:

1800 hours can be pretty well worn even though it looks good. I have not personally seen a skid steer anywhere near 10k hours. I am not sure how I feel about the metal tracks. I wouldn't add any points for them. I think they would be a con to the average user. Probably good on a dedicated mulcher rig though. Needs a test drive.

10yrs or 10k hours is usually trash it or total rebuild time for most construction equipment........ If maintained correctly.

That machine appears to be well maintained and in great shape. Id already be on my way there with a fist full of cash to buy it if I were in the market.. :smokin:

I can count on one hand how many machines I have with less than 10k hours. I would need 2 hands to count the machines I have that are over 20k hours and still being ran everyday lol. I’m not afraid of old shit.

I can count on one hand how many machines I have with less than 10k hours. I would need 2 hands to count the machines I have that are over 20k hours and still being ran everyday lol. I’m not afraid of old shit.

You take care of your stuff, most do not. I have tons of pictures in my phone of drill rigs that are trashed with less than 5k hrs. In fact I have a customer rig at the shop right now thats 3yrs old, has 1360 hrs on it and needs 85k in parts and repairs before it can go back to work. All from operator error and not doing any maintenance. When it got dropped off and I checked it out, the engine filters all said: last service 3/2018 @ 525hrs. :shaking:

Rayco is an offshoot of Morbark. That skid loader should have a Yanmar engine in it, and is probably overbuilt like most of their other machines. IE: metal tracks instead of rubber. :smokin: Morbark is a big name in the forestry industry and parts for them are easy to get when needed.

2big bronco If your serious about buying that machine I would jump on it fast. I doubt its going to last at that price, unless its a total junk.

Morbark bought rayco some years back. I sold both products back in the early 2000’s.

the rayco track machine was built to run a mulcher forestry head not as a CTL - compact track loader.

The little stuff is less rebuildable than the bigger stuff. Ie: bucket pins don’t have bushings etc... 20k hrs on a 980 is one thing, 20k hrs on a skid steer would be something for the record books.

Morbark bought rayco some years back. I sold both products back in the early 2000’s.

the rayco track machine was built to run a mulcher forestry head not as a CTL - compact track loader.

So does that mean they wont function as well as one, or that they are built more heavy duty with better hydraulics and stuff? Also is 1800hrs on a purpose built mulcher worn the f out or should it still have some life left in it?
this particular machine looks to weigh about 10k with 80hp and 215tq which seems good.... but I really dont know.

Top Back Refresh