What's new

Who has these on their land?

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
Thread theme

I would definitely take the lease but wouldn't you demand enough money to at least re-locate your shack to somewhere not in the shrapnel pattern?

Who has these around their ranch/farm/hovel and what do you think of them?

Plus, Damage Analysis thread:

1. Vane 'attitude adjustment' malfunctions so they can't feather the props
2. Up-ratio gearbox spinning at 100k RPM
3. Gear box grenades (you can hear it then he pans back from the horses)
4. Bearings are irretrevably fucked, shrapnel has damaged the main shaft
5. Main shaft wedges on a gear fragment, apply massive torque to the spindle
6. Blades are under immense load already, the shock load shatters them
7. Blade fragment severs pylon, entire structure collapses
8. Time delay hollow 'boomp' as the multi-ton structure impacts the hard rocky ground

Last edited:
I would definitely take the lease but wouldn't you demand enough money to at least re-locate your shack to somewhere not in the shrapnel pattern?

Who has these around their ranch/farm/hovel and what do you think of them?

I dont think I would have my animated house moved in case the animated windmill explodes. :laughing:

i went and looked at some land out west, it had those beside it. i would not even look at the land. the fucking things are noisy.

I've always considered this scenario to be a pretty shitty way to go.

aMjX0YV_700b.jpg

aMjX0YV_700b.jpg

i went and looked at some land out west, it had those beside it. i would not even look at the land. the fucking things are noisy.

A company that I do service work for has put up a shit ton of those in west Texas, from Mertzon all the way past Alpine. Literally 1000's of them... A few hundred in Brady and now they are down south out by Brownsville putting up hundreds more.

I have a love hate relationship with wind turbines. I make lots of money off them going up, but at the same time I think they are fucking up the landscape and will be a huge problem in the future.

On a side note..... The drill rigs we sell have revolutionized the windmill foundation industry. Instead of them digging huge holes and pouring up to 750yds of concrete to form the foundation, our rigs now come in and drill anchor holes 40 to 60ft deep in a perfect circle matching the tower base bolt pattern and only requires about 90yds of concrete. Depending on the material that is drilled into, the average 50ft hole can be drilled and filled(with concrete) in 12min :smokin:

Last edited:
I can look out our front door and see a hundred on the horizon, drive about 40 miles east and see several hundred more. we've seen the parts for at least three more go through town in the last couple of weeks. Union hall in Denver was stoked they were going to get a trainer when I was there in 2010

They make noise from a long ways away too.

New Zealand

Can see about 20 of them on the next ridge over right off the deck. I think they're neat.

Driving I40 in northern Texas at night is trippy with all the blinking red lights.

Top Back Refresh