What's new

Who does any of that New Aged shit? Yoga, meditation, etc.

For me, yoga is guided stretching. Guided by a hot chick in yoga pants. I do it for the physical benefits.

I push a keyboard for a living, our bodies weren't built for that. When my back starts to hurt, I get in the habit of doing the same yoga video every day and my back is good again in a couple weeks.

I try to start my day with 15 min of guided meditation in the hot tub followed by a cold shower. My day is better when I do that. Not sure how much can be contributed to the meditation.

I think I find value in meditating, but it's still a bit unclear. I'd like to say I do. Maybe just having a routine is what does it.

I will say that if I'm feeling particularly overwhelmed and can't concentrate at some point in the day, I'll spend 5 breaths thinking about nothing but breathing, and it gets me back on track.

Our local PBS station has a 30 minute Yoga show. Wai Lana Yoga. Set your DVR.

I do yoga at least once a week. My GF did the 300 hr certification and leads me through class most of the time. I've got to the point where I'll do some shorter sessions on my own.

Most of what I like to do is range of movement, balance, and restorative. I find it excellent for the sports I'm into, especially motocross and climbing.

I've started doing old people arthritis stretches so I can walk in the mornings.
Wife keeps bugging me to do yoga with her.

I was doing yoga 2 times a week with my daughter up until the first of the year and the free yoga class got canceled at the gym because the instructor left:frown:

I liked it and was trying to find a new place, but will hold off until the docs figure my shoulder out. Just go. It's good. Like with everything though, start slow and work into it.

Meditation is not about silence or special music and sitting quietly in a safe room with your legs crossed in a fashion that is impossible for grown men.
But it can be.

Meditation is a safe space, usually alone, where you do have time alone with your thoughts. It can mean many different things to many different people.

For me it is my music of choice, alone in the garage, doing mindless work. Not mindless I am working towards accomplishing something.

But it is more about drowning the rest of the world out. Finding a calm spirit.

It can be sitting alone on a bank fishing. It can be riding a motorcycle, it can take many forms.

The thing is you need to take time to do those things and those around you need to understand why you are doing them and leave you alone.

Meditation is not about silence or special music and sitting quietly in a safe room with your legs crossed in a fashion that is impossible for grown men.
But it can be.

Meditation is a safe space, usually alone, where you do have time alone with your thoughts. It can mean many different things to many different people.

For me it is my music of choice, alone in the garage, doing mindless work. Not mindless I am working towards accomplishing something.

But it is more about drowning the rest of the world out. Finding a calm spirit.

It can be sitting alone on a bank fishing. It can be riding a motorcycle, it can take many forms.

The thing is you need to take time to do those things and those around you need to understand why you are doing them and leave you alone.

Can it involve drinking beer?

Cuz if it does, I'm all in.

Gyms I go has True Stretch cage or something.

I spent 1 minute each part of Stretch I do. Longer if sore. Does wonder for me and keeps me mobile. I tried variety of stretching until I honed down to important ones I need everyday.

Anything that used to be painful/cramps are gone. I'd still maintain same stretch techniques to prevent it coming back.

At the brewery, they used to have goat yoga.

We would sit there enjoying the view with a pint and take bets on who is going to get shit on first.

Meditation
Tying flies
IMG_4256.jpeg

To spend time here
IMG_5831.jpeg

Catching these
IMG_7906.jpeg

For me, yoga is guided stretching. Guided by a hot chick in yoga pants. I do it for the physical benefits.

I will say that if I'm feeling particularly overwhelmed and can't concentrate at some point in the day, I'll spend 5 breaths thinking about nothing but breathing, and it gets me back on track.

Really liking this cause I relate.
Had the opportunity to take 15mn last Friday, in the middle of my work day to do some breathing exercises and the benefits on my mood and productivity were palpable.

I've done meditation for the past several months and it's helped significantly with my mental health. I feel "lighter" and more focused. When I'm having a hard day, I step into a quiet spot and spend 5 min resetting my brain and it helps. Getting good at meditation is really hard, but the act of trying to put that level of focus into a single thing is helpful for me.

I read "waking up" by Sam Harris and it convinced me. I use his "waking up" app for guided meditation. He offers a 30 day free trial, no credit card number or anything needed.

Last edited:
Meditation
Tying flies
IMG_4256.jpeg

To spend time here
IMG_5831.jpeg

Catching these
IMG_7906.jpeg

Preach the word!

I just fininished some full pints, frenchies, dead ringers, walts worms, green weenies, and some kebaris. Gonna head up to the Wilds and get me some trouts. Got a new Tanuki tenkara I want to try.

This too.

I will either lie in the middle of the floor on my back or stand in the center of my office and just breath for 5 minutes. Big slow in thru the nose breaths and slow controlled mouth exhales.

I have a sign on my office door that says "if the door is shut and the light is off, somebody better be dying or somebody will be." My people know to just leave me alone.

body work aka massage. wife had a membership to the one the chains and stacked up a bunch of credits during the 'vid so i was using some before he membership was up (name change, double the price, etc) and man that was nice.

Last edited:
body work aka massage. wife had a membership to the one the chains and stacked up a bunch of credits during the 'vid so i was using some before he membership was up (name change, double the price, etc) and man did that was nice.
:confused:

That good eh?

:flipoff2:

Was starting to feel real old. Had problems walking.
We did it durning the winter.
Made me feel better.

Summer too busy working outside.
Not like sports stretching at all.

body work aka massage. wife had a membership to the one the chains and stacked up a bunch of credits during the 'vid so i was using some before he membership was up (name change, double the price, etc) and man that was nice.

Lots of happy endings? :lmao:

I began with a series of daily yoga stretches about 8 years ago; that target my lower back area, to help with then reoccurring pinched sciatic nerve issues. It was a tough buy-in at first; but over time I have come to the point where pinched sciatic nerve issues have all but disappeared. I'm a firm believer in these particular yoga stretches.

I miss yoga. Always get a spot in the middle of the room. Scenery is always great. Also as someone who is fairly broken I never felt better when I was doing yoga. I was strong in ways I hadn’t been strong in since High School. Did I mention middle of the room and the scenery is always great.

ETA I did mainly a Venyasa yoga.

There's always acroyoga san diego style

Try an keep your toes outta her butthole :homer:

Top Back Refresh