What's new

Where the hell is the ammo going?

Just got informed the Winchester rep said to plan January 22 for 12ga. They can't get the resin to make hulls because it comes from China. Same resin that's used in PVC pipe/conduit. Explains why a 10' stick of 2" sch 80 went from $18 to $38 in the last few months.

Just got informed the Winchester rep said to plan January 22 for 12ga. They can't get the resin to make hulls because it comes from China. Same resin that's used in PVC pipe/conduit. Explains why a 10' stick of 2" sch 80 went from $18 to $38 in the last few months.
consequences of sending all our shit overseas, Neighbor is cleaning up junk on his property I scored a free aluminum canoe that would have been scrapped just needs unfucked from a tree falling on it, and am buying 2 5gal buckets of old wheel weights that would have gone to a scrapyard then china. I'll sell them to casters that will keep it here.

Range drops are still a thing, Thought this shit was expensive to let it hit the floor and across the firing line?
27FE2F13-EFF5-43AD-8031-8B58527D41F3.jpeg

Just went and looked at my SGA purchases and I bought 1000 Winchester 9mm 'NATO' rounds for $240 tax and shipping included in 2018. It's FMJ, but has the proper sealed primer and is a bit hotter than normal range ammo, so that's $12 per box, can you imagine what that would sell for now?

We've had 3 price increases so far this year, and usually we have one every other year or so. Some mfgs are quoting pipe with a 24hour price guarantee. Makes it kind of tough on the contractors and project owners, better buy everything you need and have a decent laydown yard to store it.

Where I live all the big box stores like Walmart and Dicks have quit selling ammo all together. That just leaves actual gun stores and Big 5 pretty much, so now everyone in town has to go to the same few stores and it gets bought out faster. I went to the nearest bass pro the other day and the "We don't have..." sign was almost a whole page long.

I blame panic buyers and scalpers mostly, but I'm sure reduced staffing at the factories and along the supply chain due to covid is making it worse. This always seems to hit California the hardest. A dense population, anti-gun state and local governments, and fewer choices to buy really chokes us more than other states.
And no internet sales, which really blows. I just gave my boss 4 boxes of 9mm because he finally got a pistol, after 4 years of me hounding him to get something, but then he had no ammo for it. Love that California dreamin. My home state has been ruined.

Plenty of paper around! Just bullshit excuses.

We've had 3 price increases so far this year, and usually we have one every other year or so. Some mfgs are quoting pipe with a 24hour price guarantee. Makes it kind of tough on the contractors and project owners, better buy everything you need and have a decent laydown yard to store it.
I went through this in 2006 with electrical wire, materials quote was only good for the day of the quote:eek: How do you bid a job 6 weeks to 6 months out?

Sounds like you should go into the shotshell mfg business.
:laughing:
55 gal drums of 1x fired hulls are easy for me to come by, so is lead, wads powder primers are attainable, there’s 4 lee presses, two pw progressives one with a hydro drive, a pacific and a few mecs here. Could build or buy a shot dropper, What’s that other ingredient?
Good workers are busy, if they ain’t busy it’s because they ain’t no good. :homer:

If only I could move like this in real time. :lmao:

Nope. But I’m sure it could be found unless they scrapped it. :flipoff2:

Funny I just clicked on this thread. I was at Home Depot this morning to grab some PVC water pipe fittings. The shelves were completely empty. For 1-1/2" SCH40 fittings, there was seriously ONLY 5 couplers and NOTHING else.

I go to Meijers once a week. About one out of 5 trips I find ammo. A month ago I bought 3 100 round boxes or Winchester 12ga

Funny I just clicked on this thread. I was at Home Depot this morning to grab some PVC water pipe fittings. The shelves were completely empty. For 1-1/2" SCH40 fittings, there was seriously ONLY 5 couplers and NOTHING else.
We've got our distributors on allocations, and we don't sell to HD or Lowes or whatnot.

500 rounds for 650 bucks?

Nah. :laughing:
Over the last 10 years I've probably bought 10 1k cases of that ammo, (made by Magtech), 77g SMK, sealed primer, MK262 Mod 1 specs for $580 per case. So yeah the price has more than doubled.

One thing about loading .223 is powder goes a long ways.

Over the last 10 years I've probably bought 10 1k cases of that ammo, (made by Magtech), 77g SMK, sealed primer, MK262 Mod 1 specs for $580 per case. So yeah the price has more than doubled.

One thing about loading .223 is powder goes a long ways.
About 6 or 7 years ago when Sportsman Warehouse opened up here I bought probably 8k rounds of Federal Lake City 62g 5.56 green tip and 55g mil spec stuff... on top of what I already had. I'm sitting on it. Or I suppose I could cash out for a small fortune right now. :laughing:

Edit: I will wait for the pending attack and just keep it.:flipoff2:

About 6 or 7 years ago when Sportsman Warehouse opened up here I bought probably 8k rounds of Federal Lake City 62g 5.56 green tip and 55g mil spec stuff... on top of what I already had. I'm sitting on it. Or I suppose I could cash out for a small fortune right now. :laughing:

Edit: I will wait for the pending attack and just keep it.:flipoff2:
The vaccinated zombies are going to eat that green tip like candy.

I was disappointed to see Sportsmans get gobbled up by Bass Pro / Cabelas. More imported clothing headed your way.

Yeah that really pisses me on a Cabela's nearly all their stuff is that way.
Seems like their products are geared for the campers that get one or two uses out of it then it hits the dumpster. I do like the Bass Pro wool socks though.

Top Back Refresh