What's new

Wheeled RC Tank Build

SomeGuy

Awesome, Busted.
Member Number
Loc
Canada
Should probably start a proper build thread here for the wheeled RC tank I'm doing.
PXL_20220116_012020779 (1).jpg

YouTube playlist that has all the parts of the build is here:

Parts so far:
  • Radiolink RG6GS V2 Transmitter with R7FG Receiver
  • Ampflow P40-250 pancake motors
  • Cytron MDS40B motor drivers
  • Dewalt 20v 5ah Batteries
  • Cheap amazon low voltage cutoff switches and some of the other relays/fuses/terminal blocks
Next steps are drivetrain, so building a couple stages of spocket/chain gear reduction down to the wheels. Will post as I progress :)

Why wheels and not tracks?

Harder to build and more expensive...I can get wheels for 10 bucks a piece, tracks will cost a few hundred (whether I fab them or buy them).

This is kind of just an experiment to learn some stuff and see if I can do it anyway. If it works out I might build a better v2. I'm not sure if the motors/size/gearing are going to be a good ratio, I don't have a reference point...this will help establish one. I can do the math to figure out RPM/wheel size/gearing to speed...but can the motors/batteries handle it? I want this thing to do 20-30mph if I can get it to.

Part 3 is finally up...took a while between getting materials and learning how to use a lathe :) but here none the less:

Part 4 coming soon...been working away at it, but slow going:

Here's the finale...or failnale...I needed to wrap this up and it's been months, but at least some conclusion to this build and hints about what is to come:

Top Back Refresh