What's new

Whatzit called thread

junkytj

Sarcastic Asshole
Member Number
Loc
NW AR
This is a thread that I needed and couldn't find. I've googled and failed, so I'm turning to the IBB brain trust.

Please feel free to add your queries to this thread when you know there is a tool for something, but don't even know what it is called so you can look for it.

Up first is a drain plug with a female pentagon engagement. It is on a rear end housing for IH dana medium duty/heavy duty trucks and buses. What do I use to engage this drain plug with a recessed pentagon shape so I can remove the plug?

Does it happen to be the same size as the pentagon bit a bunch of MDT brake stuff uses?

This is a thread that I needed and couldn't find. I've googled and failed, so I'm turning to the IBB brain trust.

Please feel free to add your queries to this thread when you know there is a tool for something, but don't even know what it is called so you can look for it.

Up first is a drain plug with a female pentagon engagement. It is on a rear end housing for IH dana medium duty/heavy duty trucks and buses. What do I use to engage this drain plug with a recessed pentagon shape so I can remove the plug?
I used those back when I worked on sweeper trucks but never a name for them.

Pentalobe?

Worse case find a matching penta bolt to make your own socket. Measure from the flat to opposing point and I'll see if I have any that would work.

Worse case find a matching penta bolt to make your own socket. Measure from the flat to opposing point and I'll see if I have any that would work.
Didn't even know it was a standard to find a bolt to. I was assuming this was a single size specialty thing all spicer housings had.

Didn't even know it was a standard to find a bolt to. I was assuming this was a single size specialty thing all spicer housings had.
It could be a specialty spicer size, but penta bolts and latches are very common on access points on utility equipment since the sockets aren't something you can buy at home depot. Keeps the fried copper thieves to a minimum :lmao:

Most everythings standardized to a couple sizes anymore, but I have some old oddball stuff sitting around that could work for you.

I'll measure the next time I'm at the lot with my truck.

Top Back Refresh