What's new

What's the story on these rounds?

woods

I probably did it wrong.
Member Number
gdfst4w35t4e5.jpeg

I daily carry an XD9. I'll admit, I haven't fired it in a year because of ammo prices. I clear the chamber every night I come home (kiddo). Every morning I put one in the chamber. Is racking the slide for so long doing this? Because its only the first round that looks like this (two magazines). The rest are fine. Any way to avoid it? I guess I'll start firing a few rounds once a week so they get rotated.

+1 on inertia crimp creep!
Daily carry a fmj?
A round designed to damage and retain 100% weight....
Sounds like N.A.T.O. right?!
I wanna STOP the threat DEAD IN IT'S TRACKS.
O.P. Blow son bux on some personal defense rounds of your choice.
Your wife will thank you someday!

Ps
Fire the long round off before it loses headspace and jams!

ok ok, self defense rounds it is then. :homer:

Will I get inertia creep on them as well?

I do reload, but nothing for 9mm. I was just going to toss these aside for when I do get the stuff for 9mm.

Almost every 9/.45/whatever will do that if not crimped so very, very tightly. Even with a tight crimp the bullet will most likely get pushed into the case a few thousandths on the very first chamber. And the more vigorous the chambering action the more the bullet will get set further into the case. Look as most PCC blowback systems, almost every bullet will move upon chambering. Personally, I've measured any where from .003 to 0.03 inches just from hand cycling my various PCC AR platforms and measuring the delta OAL of the ejected cartridge. If you want to limit the bullet set back try chambering your morning (assuming) round by gently letting the slide fall into battery. It's the weight of the bullet and it's associated inertia caused by a fast moving slide/bolt.

Almost every 9/.45/whatever will do that if not crimped so very, very tightly. Even with a tight crimp the bullet will most likely get pushed into the case a few thousandths on the very first chamber. And the more vigorous the chambering action the more the bullet will get set further into the case. Look as most PCC blowback systems, almost every bullet will move upon chambering. Personally, I've measured any where from .003 to 0.03 inches just from hand cycling my various PCC AR platforms and measuring the delta OAL of the ejected cartridge. If you want to limit the bullet set back try chambering your morning (assuming) round by gently letting the slide fall into battery. It's the weight of the bullet and it's associated inertia caused by a fast moving slide/bolt.
Ok, so its the constant ka-thwack once a day that is causing it. I've always just racked it and never thought about it. I think I can be easier on it.

I’m surprised it wasn’t the very 1st post someone had to scold you for carrying FMJ. Didn’t you know that FMJ quit being deadly when hollow points were invented?

Do yourself a favor and get some holler points and even a pinky toe shot will stop them DEAD in their tracks.

1. Don't do that.
2. Get a small tabletop pistol safe.
3. Get some defensive loads.
4. Shoot your old ammo and replace every six months or so.

1. Don't do that.
2. Get a small tabletop pistol safe.
3. Get some defensive loads.
4. Shoot your old ammo and replace every six months or so.
Yea, I hear yea. I'm going to head down to a local place and get a box of defensive loads; if they even have them. I know 30-30 is non existent.

As for the safe, so far I've bought three closet safes and have returned them all. First one the thumb scanner was garbage. The second the door was out of whack and got stuck closed. It'd hang up when trying to open. The third wouldn't program a key code. I'll be making a post here before long on options. Was looking at something that could hold a shotgun as well. But that's for another thread.

Fukk
Tractor supply has some no name at $80 3 button I been running one for bout 5 yrs still flawless talkin pistol safe here....

Fukk
Tractor supply has some no name at $80 3 button I been running one for bout 5 yrs still flawless talkin pistol safe here....
Yea, I'm looking for something to hold the Mossberg too though.

edit: there's a gun shop about an hour from me that has a bunch. I may just end up having to drop some coin there.

stop smashing them into the feedramp and they'll stop setting back into the case
leave it chambered and holstered, or if you've just gotta fiddle around with it and increase your chances of an ND, drop the first straight into the chamber (except for a couple guns like internal extractor BHPs and 1911s)

you can shoot them, they probably won't reliably feed if you're stacking them up in the mag
some fag is gonna be in to have a hissy fit over "da preashures will be hoighurr" but... really. it's fuckin 9x19 factory loads, don't be a retard

oh and fmj is fine
fuck, I carry wolf 115gr, know why? because with thousands of rounds through this gun it has given me zero issues, and it's actually loaded real hot compared to most american manufacture 9x19
I used to carry some whiz-bang hornaday, but I realized that I've shot maybe 20 rounds of it at squirrels and such, I don't really rotate it out nearly as much as the cheap stuff, the mag gets full of pocket lint and dirt.

just carry what you shoot

Top Back Refresh