What's new

What's On Your Bench?

20230422_124852.jpg

20230422_111214.jpg

20230422_124507.jpg

Took this "thing" out again (I don't even know what you'd call it) and it once again flat out performed.

The last pic is my buddy's TRX4 struggling to climb out of the water up a ledge after I walked right up it.

just got my first rc.

drove it stock for 10 min. Nephew was driving loops around with his trx4 & predator crawlers
swapped proline hyrax predators and took out lower spring cups. huge change.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

now i swapped 11t motor gear and added some lead weigh to beadlock rings

wound use for mil boot bands

picture.png

picture.png
I realize you're new to the hobby but for the love of all that's holy stop doing the noob shit the idiots on the Capra bookface groups push as gospel.

Give me your address and I'll send you a set of trx4 shocks to put on there so you can lose the limiting straps and have shocks set up right for the application.

I realize you're new to the hobby but for the love of all that's holy stop doing the noob shit the idiots on the Capra bookface groups push as gospel.

Give me your address and I'll send you a set of trx4 shocks to put on there so you can lose the limiting straps and have shocks set up right for the application.

they are not limiting straps. just light elastic bands. works nicely,stops front unloading but still have full travel.

Some changes to my capra.
longer servo arms.
heavier shock oil
programmer to get drag brake/freewheeling working and other setting
and BIG BOGGERS Just for fun. they seem to work better in my type rocks then predator hyrax.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

and been cleaning backyard cliff to epic rc wheeling place
picture.png

BIG BOGGERS Just for fun. they seem to work better in my type rocks then predator hyrax.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Are those the Proline G8 Boggers?

My rig is built for 2.2-size tires and I was looking at those to swap on and compete in both the 1.9 and 2.2 classes at our local comps, but I am not sure whether they would actually perform well.

Are those the Proline G8 Boggers?

My rig is built for 2.2-size tires and I was looking at those to swap on and compete in both the 1.9 and 2.2 classes at our local comps, but I am not sure whether they would actually perform well.
yes they are proline G8 Boggers. they seem to work better when surface is rough where the hyrax is too soft and just folds the knobs.
krawler predators seems to work much better then hyrax in my rock terrain

took couple long rollovers from my cliffs and stripped both steering servos.

brass gear had lost some stuff
picture.jpg

there was limiting pin in the gear, removing it i could rotate gear 180 and have the stripped gear miss part where steering operates
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

took couple long rollovers from my cliffs and stripped both steering servos.

brass gear had lost some stuff
picture.jpg

there was limiting pin in the gear, removing it i could rotate gear 180 and have the stripped gear miss part where steering operates
picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
You take out that pin it might want to spin in circles.

You take out that pin it might want to spin in circles.
i was goin to drill new limitin hole for the pin,but i was too lazy and steering stops and end points will limit it anyways.
pin is there to protect the internal potentiometer

i was goin to drill new limitin hole for the pin,but i was too lazy and steering stops and end points will limit it anyways.
pin is there to protect the internal potentiometer
Meh, metal gear steering servos are cheap on amazon. I wouldn't waste too much time on it and just order a new one.

Meh, metal gear steering servos are cheap on amazon. I wouldn't waste too much time on it and just order a new one.
i did order new ones.
fixing both took like 10 mins and i was back crawling. since i have been running 2 bats of 1300 3s ones every day

Been messing around with a little SCX24
20230506_092244.jpg
but after watching the local crawler group I decided to step up. Couldn't pass up the big sale on the Bronco. Headed out to a group crawl this weekend to see what needs to be first on the parts list.

Attachments

• 20230416_165500.jpg
    20230416_165500.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
made extended lever for rear steer control . stock capra dig servo arm and screw + super glue

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

I got this little guy recently. They are pretty fun it’s nice to have somethjng my kiddo can play with while I use the 1/10. Ordered wheels, tires, steering and suspension links as well as a new steering servo. It’s crazy how cheap they are to build lol. I need to upgrade the shocks still but it will be pretty set after that

Attachments

• 326ED79C-D8AA-416C-9C0D-36FF203DA510.jpeg
    326ED79C-D8AA-416C-9C0D-36FF203DA510.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
Picked up a used Wraith for my younger kid (he can break a steel ball in a rubber room, so he needs the beefy axles).
wraith.png

Re-working the hood setup since you have to unscrew the hood every time you want to swap out the battery. I saw these trick post mounts that would solve all of my problems in a youtube video but the dude didn't mention anything other than that they were traxxas. My searches have come up dry, anyone ever seen something like this or know where to get them?
2023-06-14 13_18_31-Axial Wraith Hinged Clamshell Hood Mod - YouTube.png

Top Back Refresh