What's new

Whats missing from this info ?

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Ok this is a bell for a BBC to NV4500 right so far but which one ?

Early or late as everything ive read says there is a early and a late.

93-95 and 96+

Click image for larger version Name:	20201128_193821.jpg Views:	50 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	214350

Another seller of same item same info without year info listed this one is the socalled speed shop that those of us that worked at Service Center in Los Angeles called stupid shops, mainly because their counter guys were very ignorant about the job they attempted to perform.

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...3&pm=1&ds=0&t=1605419170000&ver=0&cspheader=1

Last edited:
That says Chevrolet Big Block Mark Iv. Wouldn't a 93-96 be a generation v? And 96+ a generation vI?

The chevy bellhousing pattern is the same now to present its the nv4500 pattern that changes from 95 to 96 additionally the pilot that the bearing retainer uses changes diameter.

The only dimension that is called out in the info I found is called trans bore.

download-11.jpeg
download-10.jpeg

Forgot to post url for bellhousing webpage.

I need to call quicktime or holley monday am.

Im of the opition that the pilot bore is listed under the item "trans bore = 9.00".

Oh the mark IV is the generation of the BBC not the transmission later for the BBC engine is called the Gen 5 and then Gen 6, dont really why they changed from Mark to Gen but thats GM for ya.

https://www.holley.com/products/drivetrain/bellhousings/chevrolet/parts/RM-8024

What I was thinking also as the bearing retainer isnt 9 inch diameter.

And to the best of my knowledge there are only the 2 transmission pilots you mentioned.

Finally made contact with the company that made this product and informed them of their tech info was missing some critical information have given them the two pics as in this thread so they can update their info on the quicktime / Holley website for the most part so they dont have disappointed customers that don't know there are two bolt patterns early and late.

Finally made contact with the company that made this product and informed them of their tech info was missing some critical information have given them the two pics as in this thread so they can update their info on the quicktime / Holley website for the most part so they dont have disappointed customers that don't know there are two bolt patterns early and late.

So what did they say? Do they make both bellhousings?
which one are they advertising?

Still waiting for a call back, will report what comes back in email.

They didnt say in the advert which one it was, maybe they didnt know the NV-4500 came in more than one flavor.

As I remember the bolt pattern is also different between the two so not just the bearing retainer pilot.

supershops (6,531)
Dude from supershops said:
I am not in the warehouse where these are at. I used the material available to me. However after emailing the guys at Holley and getting them to send me measurements the trans opening per them is 5.120" with no retainer ring included. If you trans is 93-95 GM NV4500 this bell will work. Thank you and sorry I could not be of more help. Have a good day

Top Back Refresh