What's new

What's it worth? 96 Bronco

Johnny Longrifle

Slow learner
Member Number
Loc
Not where I want to be
In these times of crazy used car prices, I think now is the time to help my parents unload some of their stuff. My mom has this Bronco that she bought barely used. Due to some health problems she no longer drives it, and before my younger brother wears it out I think she should cash out.

It's a 1996 XLT with a 5.0L and a 5sp MT (M5OD). 4X4 (did they make a 2wd?) 8.8 rear, D44TTB front.
120K miles
No rust, everything works except for the A/C. The compressor shit the bed so it needs an A/C rebuild.

IMG_20210808_211454.jpg

IMG_20210808_211445.jpg

IMG_20210808_211449.jpg

IMG_20210808_211438.jpg

IMG_20210808_211514.jpg

IMG_20210808_211506.jpg

IMG_20210808_211502.jpg

IMG_20210808_211510.jpg

TIA. I'm just not sure where to price it in today's market.

Seriously I would advertise it in all of socal from bakersfield south for $15K and someone might lowball you with a higher offer than someone in colorado will give you. Or if you haven't sold it in a month and want my offer let me know i'll book a flight and come get it.

I’ve seen people asking $15K+ for ones in crappier shape here. Not sure if they’re getting it or not, but that sounds like a decent starting price.

I'd love to have it but I bet you'll get 2x what I would pay from some idiot. Ask 15k and see what you get.

7500K!?
This may well be the most expensive Bronco ever. :lmao:
I just helped a guy spend to much money ($6.7K) for a 95 that had straight pipes, thrashed interior, broke a/c, drivers door wouldn't open from inside, but a new Jasper transmission ( we hope) and it had no body rust at all. One of the guys at work just sold a mid 90's to someone in MN or MI for $15K. That one was nice, and also from the western slope, but I would have never thought 15K nice, but he bought it off craigslist or farsebook for ~7K two years before with rust popping out the rear wheel wells and bent rear 8.8.

So you just need to find the correct lunatic.

Ask 15k and see what happens.

Looking at the pics, and what others are listed for around the net, it's clean enough I'd say toss it up for 20 and take the first 15 that shows up with cash after you "let him negotiate you down".

Every time I put a price I want I get nothing but "i'll give you half that" shitheads... post at double what you want, let them pay half, win/win.

Do you have space to keep it for a other ten and get 40k for it? I miss the constant CEL on my old one

Stuff from that era is going up. Watch all the clean early 90s reg cab shortbeds start to shoot up in value. Remember when a old first gen Lightning or 454ss was like a $5k truck?

Stuff from that era is going up. Watch all the clean early 90s reg cab shortbeds start to shoot up in value. Remember when a old first gen Lightning or 454ss was like a $5k truck?
Rich people toys like Toyotas, Jeeps, 2dr SUV and short bed trucks? Yes.

Want to row gears in a plastic Saturn just like you did in high school? That's still $500, if you can find one.

There are a whole lot of vehicles that will never go up in value. Look at the 80s economy trim midsize and compact cars. They're priced no higher than modern shitboxes (like an 05 Taurus or Altima or similiar) that are in comparable cosmetic and mechanical condition.

Back in my senior year of high school I picked up an 1989 SS454 truck for $5200 and sold it 30 days later for $7600 after getting it to pass smog, by replacing the TBI Base gasket. Now that truck would be well over double that

wow. I didn't think you'd get anything close to that. Is that really what people are getting for them? Man, I'm so out of touch with the used market.

Yeah I used to never find a complete non runner for under a grand and now I've been finding more and more and actually choose what ones I want based on parts condition to net me the highest return value on the used parts market. Used parts prices are still where they were before but I've noticed a bit of slowing in the parts selling too. Inflation and interest rates are effecting spare cash people have to buy these things like everything

Top Back Refresh