Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

What is a starter clutch? Have not heard that term before
My 450 is a 2019, so it's e start only, no kicker.

Instead of the usual ratchet clutch mechanism driving the clutch basket you'd see on a kick start bike, it's an electric motor running through a sprag clutch that drives the basket.
Basically it lets the starter spin the engine over then when the engine takes off and overdrives it, it just spins silently. Cool design, but when the sprag wears out it gets very fucking annoying to start the bike.

It would basically roll the engine over once or twice then just let go and start spinning the sprag with no power transferred to the engine. It would fix itself when the engine got up to temp and the parts expanded but I got really tired of pop starting it in the morning.

Good to know
Yeah, I had to do some learning on it too. It basically sounded like a bendix not kicking out or doing that thing older vehicles do where the engine kicks and the bendix fucks off and the starter just spins.

Then I found out it didnt have a bendix and i had to buy a $270 sprag clutch :homer:

Local track did prepped tracks on a Wednesday! My little girl is about outgrown the pw.
20230607_175547.jpg

20230607_193217.jpg

Sold the 350 today, kinda by accident:laughing:

Need to drop off the suspension for the 300 to get freshened up again. Hoping to ride in a week or two. Ankle still isnt 100% though, so I might wait a bit longer:shaking:

put a new needle in the old CR5 I was using the one from my original carb with the new air striker I put on two summers ago the only place I’ve been able to find genuine kehin jets and needles is moto Frank on eBay I think there in the Netherlands. It’s pulling hard on the low end I didn’t get in it very much I did drop down to a 170 main it’s supposed to rain this weekend probably give it a go next weekend. Here’s a pic of the old hoopty and maybe a short video
IMG_8147.jpeg

^^^ get to work . Full disclosure not my trikes up north at my homies cabin new batteries and air filters installed we did a night ride last night it was pretty sweet 😁

83, 84, & 85 big red the old man bought one each Xmas
IMG_8156.jpeg
IMG_8157.jpeg
IMG_8158.jpeg

Dropped the 350 off at its new home. Then pulled the suspension off the 300. Will drop that off tomorrow.

That 300 has some serious drag to it when its rolling. Need to find that next..

New stator, R/R, and battery in the Beta. Fired it up and it is charging again. Old stator was black and smelled burnt.

Running a 24 hour the 15/16th so started collecting up my spare parts and gear to take with. All the socks get packed in case of rain lol.

The Sherco trials bike got a new clutch lever and the 3 broken rear spokes replaced.

May want to get some covers for the side covers. One hour out and I already did this...

LOL Brake pedal didnt do that, land on a rock or something? My 300 has had epoxy keeping oil in the bike for about 8 years now, because of the brake pedal

LOL Brake pedal didnt do that, land on a rock or something? My 300 has had epoxy keeping oil in the bike for about 8 years now, because of the brake pedal
Slid down into a rock. I'll tig it up and try out the covers I ordered. Also ordered a fan kit. Got too warm and overheated a little.

Ditched work and took the bike out. Let it idle for a few mins while getting my gear on. Decided that was enough to break in the engine.:laughing: If something is goona let go, I would prefer it to happen near the truck:flipoff2:

Goona take some getting used to, thats for sure. No more short shifting or just using the throttle to make things happen. Gotta work on my clutch skills.

I want a bit more on the bottom end, but otherwise this thing is awesome! Amazing how light it feels, suspension is fairly firm for an xcw, doesnt waller around like my 300 did.

Been a long time since I have held a bike wide open as much as I did today:grinpimp: Did 30 miles, used way less gas than I expected. While it's no hill slayer, its fuckin fun:smokin:

20230707_115125.jpg

Top Back Refresh