Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

So the fuel pump fail was just a spade connector popping off of the terminal internally. No idea why that would happen, but it took 150hrs to happen so I guess I wouldn't call it a constant worry. I pinched the female spade connector down to restore some interference and covered the fuel pump terminals in some heatshrink, hopefully that'll work as a shock absorber to keep the spade connectors in place :shaking:

Are the pumps in the tank like the ktm's?
Yeah, whole pump and sender unit is inside the tank. has two power leads that go from thebase of the unit to the leads on the pump, so 4 total spade connectors that are apparently capable of self adjusting after awhile :lmao:

Gotcha.

That 350 is still at ktm. So far its gotten a new fuel pump, fork cap, a cartridge? and some other junk in the one fork that was damaged.

It's going for sale soon as I get it back.

Violated some $$$ pegs with a grinder to make em fit a KDX.

PXL_20230324_014656781.jpg

Get one with the fucking casters on it if you do buy one. My cheap china one does not have them and I've been too lazy to modify it.

Also prop up the opposite end of the bike if you are going to pull a wheel off, it'll flop right off if you don't :laughing:

20230128_143240-XL.jpg

Nice! I will order one then. They get very tippy when jacked to the top?

This is what I have been using for most things, it does have its limitations though lol.

Resized_20230125_084202.jpeg
No more than you would reasonably expect with the bike hiked up that high. The tusk one also comes with u bolts and little clamp down screws to lash the footpegs down to the stand so the bike doesnt flop down when removing tires and stuff. They get in the way sometimes but worth the time depending on what you're doing.

I have too many bikes so I actually "park" my KDX on this thing and then roll it back in line with the others on the casters and at least on the first level that you can put the lock bar in it is stable enough to do that all day. All the way up is a little tippy on my crappy uneven floor but you'd have to work at it to dump the bike over. I don't have space or the funds for a real lift so this will do just fine.

I've had my sport quad on it (340ish pounds) and it doesn't seem to mind. Needs a little help to get going lifting it so that seems to be about the limit weight wise.

Awesome info about that scissor lift. I always assumed it would be tippy to the point of uselessness, but I might have to get one, too. So, the tusk one is the one to have?

Awesome info about that scissor lift. I always assumed it would be tippy to the point of uselessness, but I might have to get one, too. So, the tusk one is the one to have?
It's the one I bought, because it was cheap haha. If your floor is smooth enough and you practice some common sense you can easily scoot a bike around that's lifted up to chest height without it acting like it's trying to nuke itself.

I'm sure they're all the same stand with different paint and stickers, I bought the tusk because Rocky Mountain is a bit more likely to take care of any issues than a random ebay seller

I got up early to start messing with this carb for my 69 Thunderbolt it’s probably OG and smoked . Since I have a few sets in the parts stash I picked a decent r/h carb as this bike uses that side as a single carb head. I cleaned it up and used the main jet from the og carb the pilot and needle are the same. It cleaned up decent for being a 57 yr old turd the slide is smooth fingers crossed tge float bowl doesn’t leak one reason guys switch to the concentric carb over these monoblock carb and getting de-choked as usual.
00F868E4-B2FF-4504-832F-E14081210A28.jpeg
9211C1DE-03CC-46D9-8523-B5838E8E6267.jpeg

Put my high tech skid plate/pipe guard on. Luckily my hunch was right and the pipe guard portion is flexible enough to fit the pipe I'm running instead of the smaller FMF that Hyde makes them for

PXL_20230325_022025555.jpg

It might sound weird, but I had to replace my brake lever guard on the ninja 300. I was at CMRA practice and didn’t race the weekend. At the end of the day, the guy parked next to me failed tech, due to no lever guard and improper oil filter safety wire, for races on Saturday. The few venders there didn’t have a lever guard or proper band clamp for the oil filter. Wtf :homer: so I gave him my clamp and lever guard. I have another clamp and need to do an oil change anyways, so I’ll put the new clamp on later. I need to replace the clutch before it smokes, so that will be with the oil change.
89110E6A-901E-49E4-B40E-5807A7171A5F.jpeg

A K&N oil filter is what changed the requirement to OEM filters. Their “nut” at the end with holes that you can safety wire, failed causing a huge mess at COTA on a MotoGP weekend. So now, it’s a OEM filter, with a hose clamp for safety wire requirement.

A53854A4-217F-4917-BFF5-F9660704C899.jpeg

It's the one I bought, because it was cheap haha. If your floor is smooth enough and you practice some common sense you can easily scoot a bike around that's lifted up to chest height without it acting like it's trying to nuke itself.

I'm sure they're all the same stand with different paint and stickers, I bought the tusk because Rocky Mountain is a bit more likely to take care of any issues than a random ebay seller

Well, we’ll quickly see if my uneven as hell floor is even enough! I think it arrives tomorrow. Thanks again for the help.

Yesterday I installed an FMF pipe on my CRF450L. I wanted to get rid of the cat in my stock exhaust, wanted to save 8 pounds (seriously, that’s the weight delta), and am hoping the ECU programming will work slightly better. Here’s hoping for not much louder than a possibly-mangled-by-the-prior-owner stock muffler.

Edit—can’t start it up until I get my reflashed ECU back. That’s why I don’t know how loud it is yet…

Well the shift shaft I’ve been waiting all month for showed up from India covered in some kind monkey snot cleaned if up and the plungers still didn’t work so after some work with the dremel and mini files it’s all good cost less buying state side saved a Benjamin

New one on the right side of pics
Edit ; bike is a 69 BSA thunderbolt

CEECE708-8C47-4B94-9489-3BD0203606A5.jpeg
26C71BD1-08F6-49A8-87AA-CC522F6E6795.jpeg
5B437B68-8AA5-4BE6-BD93-DBF8929D9CF7.jpeg

I mostly just wanted white plastic but the Tusks that were on the bike have been discontinued so I couldn't just buy new shields. These are a lot nicer than the cheapos other than them including self tappers for the shields. I just knocked the holes out to M6 and used some nicer hardware I had laying around.

I stuck these on a while back. Have not had a barkbuster pull out after a crash since

Resized_20180211_114704_511951063608551.jpeg

Top Back Refresh