What's new

What would you think of this?

Ranch Hand

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Texas
I found it in a hay meadow on a corner of the property I don't often get to. Satan worshippers, poachers, aliens?

20220126_154401.jpg

20220126_154542.jpg

20220126_154557.jpg

It turned out to be the guy who leases the land for cattle and hay. His grandson and wife shot them and wanted to keep the antlers.

They are trying to let it strip down to bone naturally but they're doing it wrong. Need to peel off as much hide and flesh as possible, then let the ants strip what's left off. It's tied up so coyotes won't drag it off.

They're going to be pissed when rats and mice chew on the horns. They love that with sheds

I WAS going to aliens. They practically own South America. Everyone else's explanation seems slightly more plausible, however.

I guess the biggest surprise was that it's on my land. That's a large ranch on the other side. One thought was that someone shot a deer that ran on their land and died and they wanted to send a message.

The guy that runs the cattle on my land strung them up there to keep his dogs from messing with them.

The guy that runs the cattle on my land strung them up there to keep his dogs from messing with them.

I wouldve told him to pack his shit and leave. You shouldve been notified he/whoever shot the deer.

Also agree, hes doing it all wrong if he wants a euro mount. Cattle will chew the antlers off.

I WAS going to aliens. They practically own South America. Everyone else's explanation seems slightly more plausible, however.

I thought aliens originally but then I thought it was kind of curious that they'd use cable ties.

I wouldve told him to pack his shit and leave. You shouldve been notified he/whoever shot the deer.

Also agree, hes doing it all wrong if he wants a euro mount. Cattle will chew the antlers off.

Naw, Dave's a real good friend. His grandkids shot them on a lease around Fredericksburg, and wanted to mount them.

IIRC a Euro mount only needs the top of the skull not the whole head. No big deal to cap the skull around eye brow level if thats what they are up to... A WHOLE lot less mess/aroma.

I don't know about antlers but they will sure chew on some stuff if they take a notion. Grandpa couldn't keep spark plug wires on the Ford 600, darn calves were always chewing them off.

1. Cows are dumb. They make rocks look smart.

2. Antlers are mineral.
My cows are dumb as shit. Chew on tractor wires and trailer wires when they are board. Literally never seen a single one eat antlers. Ever.

Rats and mice, yes. Not cows

Lol. Wut?

It's rare I find a shed that isnt chewed down. Doesnt matter if its whitetail, axis, fallow, whatever... it's like a treat to them. Find them walking around with them in the spring.

This is gillispie/mason/kimble county, your results may vary.

It's rare I find a shed that isnt chewed down. Doesnt matter if its whitetail, axis, fallow, whatever... it's like a treat to them. Find them walking around with them in the spring.

This is gillispie/mason/kimble county, your results may vary.
Sounds like your cattle need more minerals. :flipoff2:

Never seen a cow eating a shed. Have seen them destroy the seat on a JD tractor that got left in a pasture.

Just someone wanting a euro. We’ve got a pig head under a couple cement bricks sitting on top of a fire ant hill right now trying for the same effect.

If they’re not tied down real good they tend to disappear.

Top Back Refresh