What's new

What Would You Give?

Ted_Kaczynski

On A Journey
Member Number
Loc
Jacksonville, FL
To retire today, fully independently retired with a pension or lump sum. The amount is up to your imagination, but what would you give for financial freedom?
​​​​​​
This conversation got sparked at work recently about retirement. I said I wish a phone would blow up in my pocket, even if it cost me a leg, at 43 I'd take that to be fully financially independent.

What would you give? What's your age?

i cant wrap my head around this mindset.

i wouldn't ever consider giving up. i'll retire when i've earned it.

i hope to God i'm never so unfortunate as to have to anything like you describe happen to me. no matter how lucrative.

$2 for a lotto ticket,,,,

sure aint giving up any body parts….

36 here and I would love to be financially independant and fuck around with hobby stuff all day. I hate worrying about money. I dont know what you mean by what would you give?

I have been forced into a small retirement due to covid, the police state I live in and thus my business stalled out. Theres like zero overhead except for some google ad expenses right now.

I wouldn't trade disabilities for money. So I hope I never get hurt bad enough that I never can / have to work again. I'm banking on someday the junk I collect will be worth to everybody else what it is worth to me.

Ask the retired segment!
fully cash independently solid??? Not possible with a tax funded gubberment!
My .02

I've worked in heavy construction for the last 34 years, I will have earned it next year. September 1st 2021 can't come to soon.

I already tried it:flipoff2:

"Retirement"

Didn't have to give anything up other than a handful of people that I despised.

I'm workin again...Mostly for the fun of it.

But the extra money is nice.

I think I would be bored out of my mind and be concerned without some kind of cash flow coming in at this point of my life. Even with hobbies and what not.

I think I would be bored out of my mind and be concerned without some kind of cash flow coming in at this point of my life. Even with hobbies and what not.

You didn't read the OP did you?

Money would be no concern, what would you give to be there...right now?

Already did! Full pension, rental property that pays well every month. :flipoff2:Hell yeah it’s doable!

To retire today, fully independently retired with a pension or lump sum. The amount is up to your imagination, but what would you give for financial freedom?
​​​​​​
This conversation got sparked at work recently about retirement. I said I wish a phone would blow up in my pocket, even if it cost me a leg, at 43 I'd take that to be fully financially independent.

What would you give? What's your age?

I already gave; that's why I'm (medically) retired.

Most of my spine is fused.

OSHA has basically regulated me out of my career/job market.

Did it pay off? Would you do it again?

Thats basically sayin "Was it worth it"

Fuck no it isn't worth it!

"Hey guy's I worked myself into being a cripple"

The shit pain he has to deal with...Do you really think it's worth it to him?

Do you think his ex-employer gives 2 fucks?

Destroying ones self is in no way worth any type of retirement.

This is a STUPID fucking thread that should be deleted!

DUMB ASS

:shaking:

Already did! Full pension, rental property that pays well every month. :flipoff2:Hell yeah it’s doable!

Same here....Full pension, SSI and investments paying off keeps me flush in cash. House and cars paid off. Only have monthly utilities and annual prop taxes.

Early planning, savings & max 401k contributions, no credit card balance, and not buying stupid stuff; helped to get me where I am comfortably today.

I'm 63, but retired at 58......

I'm close, I could give up a nut ,don't think I need them anymore. :lmao:

i cant wrap my head around this mindset.

i wouldn't ever consider giving up. i'll retire when i've earned it.

i hope to God i'm never so unfortunate as to have to anything like you describe happen to me. no matter how lucrative.

Well we found the guy whose life has been treating him fair :laughing:

Nah, I have no idea, I'm sure you have your obstacles, tremendous spirit you have. You don't have any fantasies, though? I mean... none?

I would give my left nut to retire on $50k adjusted annually right now with VA health (I'll pay out of pocket if needs be for any extras).

I would literally give both Testes for $150k/yr adjusted to CPI, and a free 70' Fleming Yacht. I'd just take HRT and get two fake testes, problem solved, now I'm jacked like Stallone and I have a round-the-world Yacht. Sail to SE Asia and drown in LBFMs.

No, I'm not gonna show you my penis. Sorry.

You have a fake penis? I have a penis and it ain't no toy. More like a mighty weapon.

So if yours is a tiny toy, just forget that, let's see pics of the material possessions you have amassed with your tremendous wealth.

You have a fake penis? I have a penis and it ain't no toy. More like a mighty weapon.

So if yours is a tiny toy, just forget that, let's see pics of the material possessions you have amassed with your tremendous wealth.

You know how I know your gay?

You didn't read the OP did you?

Money would be no concern, what would you give to be there...right now?

I did, and will stay with my comment, even if money wasn’t a real concern. That being said, I only work part of the year now anyways

Edit: Not sure I would give anything right now to get to the point. That answer varies wildly by day though.

Last edited:
What does retirement really mean? Since I stopped working for other people, I seem to be working harder and longer hours than ever before. Even my parents, when they retired they spent the better part of 20 years building their house, shop, kiln, chicken coop, wood shed, car ports, etc, etc. Their place has been a perpetual construction project. I really don't understand the idea of quitting work all together. 4 days into a beach vacation, I'm over it.

Thats basically sayin "Was it worth it"

Fuck no it isn't worth it!

"Hey guy's I worked myself into being a cripple"

The shit pain he has to deal with...Do you really think it's worth it to him?

Do you think his ex-employer gives 2 fucks?

Destroying ones self is in no way worth any type of retirement.

This is a STUPID fucking thread that should be deleted!

DUMB ASS

:shaking:

Your comprehension sucks. The point of this thread is the OPPOSITE of working yourself to death. Dumb fuck. Go start a retard thread, that's where you belong. Cvnt.

What does retirement really mean? Since I stopped working for other people, I seem to be working harder and longer hours than ever before. Even my parents, when they retired they spent the better part of 20 years building their house, shop, kiln, chicken coop, wood shed, car ports, etc, etc. Their place has been a perpetual construction project. I really don't understand the idea of quitting work all together. 4 days into a beach vacation, I'm over it.

Another retard. Retired in this thread means YOUR dream of being FULLY financially independent, WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE?

Holy fuck there's some dumb fucking "smart" people.

We don't want to hear about a fucking book or podcast.

Top Back Refresh