What's new

What woukd you do with this truck?

DMG

Red Skull Member
Member Number
03 F250 ecsb 7.3/4r100/4wd. 175k on it. Ruzty body, ok frame, no bed.

Fix the cab coeners, etc and flatbed it to haul and tow or Part it out? Runs and drives. Needs an oilpan and bodywork
20211001_144404.jpg

For the time it would take to fix that body maybe do a swap, find something cleaner. They only made a trillion of them.

It can be a gasser, hack make it a crew cab and increase the value even more.

I am in it $500. I have been considering swapping an old truck or suv body onto the SD frame. It it about 142 inch wheelbase.

For the time it would take to fix that body maybe do a swap, find something cleaner. They only made a trillion of them.

It can be a gasser, hack make it a crew cab and increase the value even more.
That is normal here in the rust belt, unfortunately

My kid would go south and find a clean excursion body, swap it and try to sell for $20k.

He has done well doing that before.
I just sold a 02 excursion with the the V10. Should have kept it and swapped it. This is the best idea so far.

I just sold a 02 excursion with the the V10. Should have kept it and swapped it. This is the best idea so far.
7.3 excursions are just going to keep going up in value. Didn’t make enough of them and they get fewer every year

Ramp truck.
I really want another ramp truck but this thing is too short. I’d rather start with a box truck that is already the right length.

Heck I'd love to do a navistat 7.3 turbo swap in my T19 trans scout. Know of 1 other guy whose done it.

Sell for $1500 and move on.

Rust belt guys come up with the wildest reasons to keep junk.
I like 7.3 trucks and they are getting scarce with under 200k. It is hard to scrap one that runs and drives. Especially one that is probably the best year. But I hat rust too

Careful Will,
4 years ago on pbb somebody in the SF Bay posted the exact same thread for a beater OBS 7.3 5spd 4wd, and it's still sitting in my fucking yard:laughing:

That's how they set their hook:flipoff2:
i have a nice, rust free ccsb 7.3 truck. its been sitting at my friends farm for 4 years. I visit it occasionally amd think about replacing the batteries.

i have a nice, rust free ccsb 7.3 truck. its been sitting at my friends farm for 4 years. I visit it occasionally amd think about replacing the batteries.
Yeah, those are good friends to have, last month I picked up my Willys an old neighbor who was storing it since I got divorced and moved, in 2012:homer:
I brought him a little something...

Reactions: DMG
Do you need a truck? If not it seems like fixing the oil pan slinging some spray foam and bondo at it and then throw on whatever type of bed/body you can get cheap (flatbed, utility body, doesn't really matter what you choose, the goal is to just make a complete truck) and list it for sale.

Sell for $1500 and move on.

Rust belt guys come up with the wildest reasons to keep junk.
And you morons let running trucks sink into fields and then cut them in half to make trailers rather than making them run again. It's not like southerners are known for their economic efficiency, kind of the opposite really.

I am in it $500. I have been considering swapping an old truck or suv body onto the SD frame. It it about 142 inch wheelbase.
If you really want to do a body swap the 80-96 bodies basically drop onto the 99-04 frame. If you have an F150 you can drop on that's a pretty good upgrade for an old truck IMO. You can likely find an 80s F-series (or bronco, but you'll need to shorten frame and drive shaft to make that work) that needs a frame for cheap but it'll probably have a body in the same condition as what you got and that's more work that fixing what you got.

Reactions: DMG
Top Back Refresh