What's new

What to mount ps cooler with

Honky Lips

Welcome to the shit show.
Member Number
Loc
Omaha, Ne “ish”
So my psc cooler has been mounted through the radiator with the zip through he radiator deals. After replacing the radiator with an aluminum one. Now the through the radiator deals are not holding. Like cheap zip ties that break when you tighten them. Dunno what changed but it’s annoying.

What brand is going to hold or is there something else out there I’m not aware of? Could I weld a bunch of shit together to make a bracket? Yes. Do I want to? No.

6373CFA1-B400-468C-B8FF-24D6C0EB7E1D.jpeg

Stop being lazy and get some 3/4 x 3/16 aluminum L channel and just run that vertical and bolt it to the flanges at the top/bottom of the radiator core and bolt your P/S cooler to that.

Running zip ties through the core always results in one core rubbing a hole in the other eventually.

I did an 18" single pass cooler and mounted it to the bumper behind the winch, one of the log style coolers. not a multi pass cooler, I did a plate style trans cooler mounted on 1x1/4" strap in front of the radiator

I used angle iron on like 3 trucks I have built that I riveted to the top/bottom of radiator than made a simple strap mount to go between those pieces to hold the trans cooler. More work that zip ties but works awesome and survived a 75mph rollover on the freeway perfectly fine. Lol

The cheapo stacked plate coolers with the sheet metal on the top/bottom are just begging to be mounted with angle iron.

Sort of like this.

cooler.jpg
This kind. Angle iron with one face that bolts to the tabs they give you can have the other face bolt to the top of the core on your radiator, drop into the slots for a condenser, bolt to the core support, etc. Just gotta grind in some clearance for the fittings.

s-l1600.jpg

Top Back Refresh