What's new

What to do

Kriptonite

Bullshit account
Member Number
Loc
SW NC
Got a chance to purchase an 04 Cadillac escalade complete. Lq9/4l85e combo. In a tow yard I'm helping clean out, the engine has no oil showing on the stick but it bars over by hand. No oil in the water and the transmission oil looks and smells good. It was abandoned with a flat tire, it's got 22s on it.
So pull the engine and transmission and scrap the rest? Sell body and interior parts? I can buy it for less than $500 00. If I pull the engine and transmission is it easier to pull the body first and then get out the drivetrain?
Stupid questions I know.

Buy it whole and part out at your place. You'll make a bunch of money over your initial purchase price.
Are you sure it isn't 4l65e?
I wouldn't pull the body. If the body is scrap, roll it on its side to get at the trans stuff.

Edit: yes pull the entire front clip to gain access to the motor easier and pulling will be a breeze that way.

Buy it. Someone with a trashed 'burb will want the interior. Drive-train part out should go like any other GM.

If you are getting it from a tow yard I imagine they can get you a title for it so why wouldn't you throw a tire or two on it and resell for profit without having to pull it apart? Engine isn't worth that much vs whole truck is it?

Is it Bose Radio? I might be interested if condition is still good

Top Back Refresh