What's new

What is the point of a “Like” button?

when people multi quote and then say 'this'. thats where i see a like button being useful. dont need to make a whole post that says that you like or agree whats said.

also, when a question is asked that has different solutions. the op could easily look at what reply is most favored.

those are just the first 2 that come to mind, over all i think a like button is a good addition

when people multi quote and then say 'this'. thats where i see a like button being useful. dont need to make a whole post that says that you like or agree whats said.

also, when a question is asked that has different solutions. the op could easily look at what reply is most favored.

those are just the first 2 that come to mind, over all i think a like button is a good addition

this

+1

x eleventybillion

in, thanks for the chance

Copied from another thread .......

What it’s really for… Clicking ‘Like’ is how user’s reputation bar (white bar under username) fills up and I hope people find that useful when the tech grows around here.

If I was like, “I just put this motor in, it wont start and its backfiring out of the carb. I’m 100% sure the plug wires are in the right order”
And somebody with little-to-no rep says “well you’re an idiot, they are out of order”
And somebody with a high rep says “you’re 180 out”

…. I’m going to try that 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] guy’s suggestions first. Lame example but you get the point.

It will also be useful for vendor giveaways in the near future….. They could be like “Post your rig doing XYZ, and the one with the most likes wins”

And it’s because of this ^^^ …… I only enabled it for premium memberships. It prevents somebody from getting their non-wheel’n friends to sign up and vote or for them to make a dozen accounts to vote. Not that any of us would do that :flipoff2: The crowd is small enough I can keep an eye on that kind of stuff for a while so I turned it back on for everybody.

If you don't like it ... dont use it.

So it’s used as a in thread polling tool?

Kinda ... For a True poll, PBB style, use this button when creating a post:
Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 12.40.04 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	13780

In my vendor example everybody can't submit their pic as the contest is going on. They would of had to send them to the vendor, then that vendor would have to create an actually poll with all the pics included and say vote.

so ... It could be used as a poll as you go I guess.

Kinda ... For a True poll, PBB style, use this button when creating a post:

In my vendor example everybody can't submit their pic as the contest is going on. They would of had to send them to the vendor, then that vendor would have to create an actually poll with all the pics included and say vote.

so ... It could be used as a poll as you go I guess.

So can we get a "thumbs down/ unlike" also?

Would come in really handy for Everboobs posts.

Pretty please, cherry and whip cream?

I see a post "stfug" and 1271 likes.
i see less useless quoting like "this" or "agreed".
🤷‍♂️

Hard to decide which :shrug I need here, it's so gender friendly.

photo3650.jpg

*sigh*

The old adage about you not having to read anything I say ever on the internet comes to mind.

Bunch of Karens I swear to god.

And you could have strolled on by the suicide thread of ones family and kept your opinion to yourself until an appropriate time, or better yet just stay out of it completely... works both ways, champ.

Top Back Refresh