What's new

What is Mozillas problem with Nextdoor?

jeepyj

Middlesex NY
Member Number
Loc
Middlesex NY
I don't use Nextdoor anymore because it was full of busybodies. People were taking pictures of cats in their yards and posting about lost cats. Anyone missing a cat? Useless garbage that I didn't need. Anyway when did Mozilla get so woke and what's their problem?

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Wait a minute. Are you saying there is an app which provides information about the racial makeup of neighborhoods?

This is one of the biggest business opportunities in America. Everyone votes with their wallet, and they vote to spend their biggest dime on where they live: away from minorities.

This is the biggest open secret in America. It's also the largest industry in America, Real Estate is a $1.6 Trillion business, and that's just the actual RE value itself. This counts for the effort to gentrify an urban center for a Trump Tower, all the way to plowing down an entire mountain in California for a McMansion subdivision for self-professed Liberals. Because we all know how Liberal it is to move your kids as far away as possible from black people.

But, demographic information is taboo for RE Brokers due to the Fair Housing Act and other similar legislation. It's an insta-license pull for any Broker that is even suspected, in any tiny way, of providing demographic (racial) information to home buyers. This extends right down the chain to Zwillow and any other RE database. It's pretty risky for RE sites to even link rather innocuous external websites like city-data. And you'll notice city-data doesn't granularize down to a useful way about each individual neighborhood. You have to get even more wily, and find sites which give demographic data about each school district or high school, if you can find it.

So if Nextdoor has found a way around this, it would be quite literally a 100-billions per year business.

Ideally, there should be an app which gives you instant racial demographic data per address, because as everyone knows (and we know they know it by how they vote, with their wallets, on their most expensive purchase), you want to live in a White neighborhood.

The biggest open secret in the USA. I have long, long waited for this issue to be addressed. But it's not going to be addressed because 'White Flight' is very literally the largest business in the US (even larger than petrochemicals, automobiles, or technology), and moving Minorities around is the best way to turn a piece of wasteland shithole in Southern California into the second season of True Detective. RE development baby, the last Pork Barrel.

Last edited:

The person who wrote those words lives in a gated community, predominantly white suburb, or gentrified city apartment. Their kids either go to a suburban predominantly white school, or they go to an elite charter or magnet school in the city. If they have kids, because kids use resources and that is evil.

Their goal is to make sure that people who don't make 6+ figures working in Tech cannot protect themselves or their families by buying into white flight via cheap technology gadgets like doorbell cameras.

The bald-faced hypocrisy of this statement is shocking. But it's a great, easy example.

You can't join the nextdoor area until you live there. So unless they have a way to get into every nextdoor neighborhood this is a big zero. Secondly, other than name and address there is no more info. So how you can figure out any other data and use it with nextdoor is beyond me. Nextdoor is great for the door to door policing.

Nextdoor is the official social network for that busybody old lady down the street that wants to mind every one's business but her own, Karen the housewife who calls the cops because she saw a black guy drive through, and your dickhead of a neighbor who waves every time he sees you but rats you out for not having plates on your project car because he's too much of a pussy to say anything to you directly.

Not exactly upset to see it getting swept up in this social justice bullshit. It's a worthless site built 100% for stupid people to tattle on one another.

wow, fuck Mozilla.

firefox was supposed to be the way to get out of this bullshit. guess i'm glad i switched to Edge recently :flipoff2:

wow, fuck Mozilla.

firefox was supposed to be the way to get out of this bullshit. guess i'm glad i switched to Edge recently :flipoff2:

remember that Mozilla pushed out their founder for a donation to the GOP...

Nextdoor is the official social network for that busybody old lady down the street that wants to mind every one's business but her own, Karen the housewife who calls the cops because she saw a black guy drive through, and your dickhead of a neighbor who waves every time he sees you but rats you out for not having plates on your project car because he's too much of a pussy to say anything to you directly.

Not exactly upset to see it getting swept up in this social justice bullshit. It's a worthless site built 100% for stupid people to tattle on one another.

it is also good for encouraging people to shoot coyotes in town :laughing:

So not wanting to potentially live around a bunch of minorities is racist? So when a "minority" person becomes successful and also chooses to not want to live around them...that's okay?

So is it shameful to not want to live around a trailer park? Lol

When you don't want to live near them merely because they're not white people? In a word: yes.

That's not what I asked. It's common knowledge that shit holes are shit holes and riddled with crime. Successful blacks don't live around hoods and successful whites or blacks don't want to live around a trailer park.

Blacks that live in nicer areas don't want "shit" moving in either...regardless of color.

You asked this:

Which on its own is pretty fucking racist.

Not wanting to live in a shithole is one thing, specifically looking for paler areas is quite another. Though I've seen (and lived in) some pretty godawful mostly white neighborhoods.

So you know places that's majority minority that's not a shit hole?

I threw trailer parks in there for a reason...same concept.

Yes, several majority hispanic neighborhoods in the Phoenix area that might not be the most affluent but they're well kept. But you're looking for excuses to justify not liking black people so I guess I'm not much help there.

You draw alot of conclusions from a dumbasses perspective. I have no problem with blacks, yellow, green or red. I guess I'm looking for a reason to not like white people considering I don't want to live around a trailer park too.

You draw alot of conclusions from a dumbasses perspective. I have no problem with blacks, yellow, green or red. I guess I'm looking for a reason to not like white people considering I don't want to live around a trailer park too.

You gotta watch out for the yellow reds.

How does Mozilla know anything about you or your fetish for spying on your neighbors? That's the biggest reason I use Firefox is I feel like I can lock everything down.

Top Back Refresh