What's new

What is a “possible” bomb threat?

Feels like a threat.

:flipoff2:

We had one in HS. Some band nerd went to the bathroom and his backpack got knocked over turning on a metronome. The teacher, being a brilliant specimen of public school results decided it must be a bomb since all the ones in the movies beep. At least it was a nice day to spend outside while we cheered on the bomb.

Its a conversation that identifies as a threat.

Like when you significant other types............K, fine, ok then, nothings wrong

We had one in HS. Some band nerd went to the bathroom and his backpack got knocked over turning on a metronome. The teacher, being a brilliant specimen of public school results decided it must be a bomb since all the ones in the movies beep. At least it was a nice day to spend outside while we cheered on the bomb.

We had two in high school, which was a lot for a town of 2000 people in the early 2000s. Kid taped a piece of bread to his shirt one day, and went off telling people he had a bomb. Post 9-11, so it was taken seriously. Spent the day sitting around the football field.

We had a rash of them in Jr. High one spring, nice day, someone calls in a bomb threat, the whole school gets evacuated to the practice fields. From us kids' perspective it was awesome, got a day off school and got to be outside. I don't think it even made the local paper. I think there were half a dozen bomb threats over the course of 2-3 months before they caught the kids responsible.

Things sure are different now.

One? Two in high school?

Shit, we had two a week. :laughing:

For a solid month, we had one a day.

One? Two in high school?

Nah, we had one "potential" bomb threat. We had plenty of bomb threats that were people calling in a threat.

As I see it with my joeja engrish

Bomb Threat - Someone actively threatens there is a bomb
Potential/Possible Bomb Threat - no one says shit but someone in authority thinks there might be a bomb
Bomb - When there is actually an explosive device

How often are bomb threats actually have some credibility? Seems most of the time when there is actually something it just goes boom and when its a threat they just end up destroying some poor piece of luggage

something only a band nerd would know what the name of that tickytocky thing is..

Whatd yall do at your summer camps?:flipoff2:

Last edited:

Pre-9/11 I remember getting out of school all the time during exam season due to the HS next store and students calling in bomb threats. I swear it happened like once a week in the Spring.

Side track.... My wife works from home, and when we reached the point that all of our kids were in school I'd occasionally leave work early so we could take advantage of having the house to ourselves and knock boots. (anyone with 4 kids will understand the struggle for alone time). This one particular time it had been awhile and we were looking forward to some afternoon delight, and some jackass called in a bomb threat to our school. The kids were sent home and I stayed at work. :( That night the mrs and I laughed about how I was cockblocked by a bomb threat. :laughing:

With the exception of the RV that blew itself up Christmas day has there ever been a bomb detonated or found after a threat was issued?

Somebody wanted time off from work so they called in a bomb threat

Idiot did that at our plant. He had a distinctive voice and didn't try to disguise it at all. He got canned the next day when he showed up.

Side track.... My wife works from home, and when we reached the point that all of our kids were in school I'd occasionally leave work early so we could take advantage of having the house to ourselves and knock boots. (anyone with 4 kids will understand the struggle for alone time). This one particular time it had been awhile and we were looking forward to some afternoon delight, and some jackass called in a bomb threat to our school. The kids were sent home and I stayed at work. :( That night the mrs and I laughed about how I was cockblocked by a bomb threat. :laughing:

Your wife figured it was easier to call in a bomb threat than say she had a headache.

Someone should kill John Q Public
I'm goind to kill Joh Qu Public

One? Two in high school?

Jr High & High School here, some douche would call in a bomb threat repeatedly via Ma Bell phone system-

6th grade for me. All of the boys loved it because we were just playing out on the field. All of the girls were crying because they were scared.

High school- Bomb threats? No. Shootings? Yes. Even had a girl give birth in the restroom and drown the baby in the toilet because she didn’t want her parents to find out. That was a fun one.

Leeroy was spotted lumbering towards the shitter...

Didnt some guy get arrested or questioned for saying he was gonna blow up the bathroom at a walmart or something?

Top Back Refresh