What's new

What is 4x4?

Remember the ol' 4wd square body, crew cab dualies that said 3+3 on the cab and 4x4 on the fender?

That's some advanced math right there. :smokin:

I only get one tire spinning up front and in the rear. The other two don't do shit. I just don't understand this at all.

I only get one tire spinning up front and in the rear. The other two don't do shit. I just don't understand this at all.

Try adding a lightbar over the windshield - that makes it much more off-roady and should fix it.

If that doesn't do it, install a Hi-Lift jack on the hood - PM Kowboy for installation tips. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Which irate members are these?

The number of cocks a properly motivated Toyota fag can service in one hour. 16. 16 is the number of dicks the average Tacoma driver can handle in an hour

Ever been divorced ? Similar concept, only it is 4 to the 4th power............x10, divide this by the amount you spent on your house, multiply by ex-mother-inlaws ass size and then hit yourself in the nuts with a 4x4 that is 4ft in length wielded by 4 of the biggest friends you know.

Do this 4 times.

Have aforementioned "friends" drive you 444 miles into the most desolate area there is, kick you in the nuts 4 more times and leave you for dead....naked......with no supplies or any clue where you are at.

You have now attained ONE FOURTH of what it is to own a "true" 4x4.

Pretty simple really........

I'm gonna answer the question honestly.. cuz I'm bored

if all 4 tires can spin with power, you probably have a 4x4..

4-low is the most power for going at your slower speeds.. when it was serious mud, Id drop to 4 low..
4-hi is for terrain that is not as bad... like gravel ranch roads..

if your tires don't spin equally you need to get lockers.. they force your tires to spin equally no matter if one is in the air, and the other isn't getting enough power.. there are of course different kinds of lockers, and it is best, if yours are not engaged all the time.. the problem has to do with when you are trying to drive on the street and make a turn.. and if your front tires are locked.. cuz the front locker will force your front tires into spinning the same amount of tread on the left as in the right.. and you should understand that when making a turn or curve, you do not want them to spin the same amount on both front corners..

if you are gonna get lockers, you might as well get gears at the same time..

I parted a 1985 crew cab dually still have the 3+3 badges.

Sold the cab and rear doors for much more than they were worth.

Remember the ol' 4wd square body, crew cab dualies that said 3+3 on the cab and 4x4 on the fender?

That never happend.
The 4x4 fender sticker started with the nbs trucks in 88. It was never put on square buy anyone other than 17y/o wana be farmer mud dorks with rayban glasses and a hat worn in some form of dumbass fashion ie:flatbill backwards, sidewards, way to high, curled in on itself and has attended a county fair with a sticker booth.

Top Back Refresh