What's new

what happen to tin benders?

I think a bunch went on with their lives for varying reasons, and the rest became what is now KOH.

Phil and Irish style have real jobs. John is floating around somewhere. MD, who the fuck knows what he's up to. If his work history is anything like his racing history, he's already out and waiting on recovery. Krusty left us sad a few years ago and Bender, well he's Bender. I lost track of him. Hobie? Probably laid up on an island at this point. Flash? I wish him well. That guy was great. Theres a few honorary ones too. I know at one time Krusty said membership might increase, but I'm not sure anyone wanted part of the hazing ( you know who you are Amanda). BTW, Phil wants his shirt back.

Phil and Irish style have real jobs. John is floating around somewhere. MD, who the fuck knows what he's up to. If his work history is anything like his racing history, he's already out and waiting on recovery. Krusty left us sad a few years ago and Bender, well he's Bender. I lost track of him. Hobie? Probably laid up on an island at this point. Flash? I wish him well. That guy was great. Theres a few honorary ones too. I know at one time Krusty said membership might increase, but I'm not sure anyone wanted part of the hazing ( you know who you are Amanda). BTW, Phil wants his shirt back.

Lost track of Bender? What planet have you been on? He is all over the place and TV star famous.

Krusty was an icon. They had a memorial for him on the trail and left a sign.

RE:Todd retired from the U.S. Navy and is back in New Mexico. I believe he's living in Roswell. I see him and his wife post up on Facebook.

RE:Todd retired from the U.S. Navy and is back in New Mexico. I believe he's living in Roswell. I see him and his wife post up on Facebook.

Yep I'm fb friendswith Re: Todd. Love that dude. Benders may not be around the wheeling scene,but once a bender, always a bender. Same thing goes with clampers. I've met and hung out with most of them, and they are all awesome peeps.

Krusty = RIP
JeepRecoveryTeam = Dave Cole = head of KOH
Dtoy = John James = still wheeling the marlin crawler xchassis, was out at the nonevent with his son
MD = Eric Anderson = still around, still has his xchassis, but was at the nonevent in a spec chasis
Air Ride = Air Bag = Mike Hendrix = still making chasis but has moved onto gold panning
Aaron = doing a whole lot of taco chinook stuff
Bender = didn't get season 3 of his show picked up, moved back to AL and head fab/r&d at motobuilt (same owner as BlueTorch, Dan).
Flaash = still running FU2 out of ridgecrest
Re:Todd = moved to NM, wheeling a big yellow jeep now.
Lemooreon = retired from Navy, believe he went out to NM somewhere close to todd
Jeepskickass = Mike = retired from grocery store life, married kim, now lives in TX
Roxy = Moved to Texas, still heads up u4 merch.
Offroad Joe = still has his buggy, doesn't wheel as much
Big Rob = moved up to Wyoming or Montana or one of those cold states, bought a purple jimmy's chassis, haven't seen him in a few years.
Ande = sold the bash buggy now rides MTB everywhere
Phildo = bought his old buggy back but hasn't wheeled it, still working at China Lake
Tom = racing u4 with JRTs son Bailey
Bailey Cole = attentind college in Flagstaff, AZ and has become a top contender in the 4400 class of u4 racing with his new to him chicken wing car
Cracker = Avery = the most active wheeler in the group
Camo = the long forgotten bender turned pirate who now is literally a pirate sailing the seas in all kinds of boats.
Fatty = ???
Pat = ???

I think there are 3 or 4 more members that I'm not as familiar with. At least one of them ended up with Krusty's old rig when Bender moved to AL.

Last edited:

Hobie moved to Utah. John James started his own trucking business, plus bought a local rock business. Flash runs FU2 plus works on base with many of the other Ridgecrest Benders.

Top Back Refresh