What's new

What fuel pump?

jawzjeep

Blah blah blah yeah whatever
Member Number
Loc
Washington State
Ive got a 91 burb with tbi that I'm about to get a new fuel pump for. It has a 350 in at now but I have a 454 to go in eventually.

Is there a stock pump I can put in now that will work for both the 350 now and the 454 later? Or will I just need to swap in a different one later with the 454? Thanks.

The TBI is pretty low flow and pressure in my limited experience with them and I don't think a high performance fuel pump is needed even with that 454 since the TBI doesn't flow much fuel.

That's what I was hoping for. Wasnt sure if the size of the lines or psi was different. Thanks

The 5.7 TBI runs 12-15 psi. If you're going 454 you need the bigger injectors, they flow more but don't think the pressure is too much higher. I'm running a frame mounted Ford F250 pump.

The 5.7 TBI runs 12-15 psi. If you're going 454 you need the bigger injectors, they flow more but don't think the pressure is too much higher. I'm running a frame mounted Ford F250 pump.
I'm swapping in a complete 454 with tbi not just the tbi unit.

I tried a similar pump on my old TBI Chevy I swapped into my toyota pickup, FAIL. Those put out 45psi which is wayy too much for a TBI motor.

Pumps don't put out pressure they put out flow, the pressure is created by the diapraghm and spring in the throttle body, or if your return line was shit and plugged it would create more pressure.

Mine is currently running just perfect at 13 psi 91 burban 5.7 tbi with that pump.

Top Back Refresh